Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TMI Seat Covers/Installation
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: TMI Seat Covers/Installation Reply with quote

I picked up a good deal from someone who went another direction on their bus interior. I will have some TMI OEM seat covers for sale, since the front and middle ones won't fit my bus (bench/3/4 vs bucket/foldover) and the pundits on this site convinced me that a conversion to a walk thru wasn't real practical. The covers I have were installed for a very short time; they are as new. I noticed that three of the covers had drawstrings (the front bucket bottoms and the rear seat bottom) which I assume are used to pull the covers tight. The others did not. Are they all supposed to have drawstrings? Or just the seat bottoms? Is there an easy way to re-install missing drawstrings? Thanks in advance as I don't want to sell something that isn't complete without at least disclosing it and I've never installed seat covers, so I really don't know much about it.
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: TMI Seat Covers/Installation Reply with quote

That's encouraging. Seems like it would be a lot easier to fish wire back thru the fold over than string! Any idea what guage wire to use?
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: TMI Seat Covers/Installation Reply with quote

Great site, Nate and a very informative page regarding seat cover installation.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: TMI Seat Covers/Installation Reply with quote

The all powerful Nate has spoken.
He has a truly wonderful website, which I have recommended on many occasions.

Not to dispute Nate, as I am sure that his welding rod works great as a pull support. However, as an "as close as stock as possible dweeb", I should point out that VW used what looks like 16 gauge utility wire to do the seat bottoms on bugs, and a thicker, maybe 12 gauge straight wire for the bottom edge of the bug seat back.

Now, this info is for beetles, I would be interested in hearing the "stock VW" installation for buses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: