Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Speedometer won't come out...
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotts 63 23
Samba Member

Location: Somewhere in my mind... The Real er Laguna Beach :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Speedometer won't come out... Reply with quote

OK, I've read all the threads on speedo removal, but as with a lot of things on our busses, it always doesn't go as planned.

I unhooked the battery, lowered the parcel shelf, unhooked and marked all the wires, unhooked the cable and loosened the two hold down screws. I tried to twist the speedo and it turns about 1/8" and seems to hit a noticeable stop (yes, I'm turning the right way. I notice when I turn it the bezel on the dash doesn't turn.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scotts 63 23
Samba Member

Location: Somewhere in my mind... The Real er Laguna Beach :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Speedometer won't come out... Reply with quote

Got it! I just had to be a little more convincing when pushing the speedo backwards. The original rubber seal was welded to the larger bezel in the dash...

Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Speedometer won't come out... Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem a few months back. Those rubber seals get persnickety when not disturbed for 35 (or more) years!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: