Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: realrecycledjack
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
internet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have had a few transactions with this "Jack" and it always has ended up in some very rude "come back" with we sold that or we could not ship that or/and one of my favorite "i have all the answers ..first buy something jack "

But yeah I'd say this speaks for itself:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=recycledjack&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON&ref=home

"I started taking VW's apart at night after my day job, in my garage, before you were born."

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=recycledjack

------------------------------------------
Moderator note:
This person has numerous "rudeness" complaints similar to the above - Keep this in mind before contacting or ordering from him.

He also uses:
[email protected]
internet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there's been plenty of others with similar experiences:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-16272113-parts-place-i...=4#reviews

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=173206967005...iQL92pXlDw

http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-parts/parts-place-inc/parts-place-inc-horrible-cus-d7fab.htm

And yeah btw this is "Jack Finn" from Parts Place Inc which is btw an "assumed name" for Recycled Inc

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=148661&name_entity=PARTS%20PLACE%20INC.
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: RecycledJack AKA Jack Finn Reply with quote

About 8 months ago I bought a quote "new bra for a 1973-74 Ghia" on Ebay. Paid right away for the item and was sent a bra for a who knows what... didn`t even come close to a VW. Sent it back and called got "yeah I thought I had 2, but I guess I didn`t" Got my PayPal returned but still cost me for shipping both ways and the PayPal fees.
Saw some parts books for sale on here from this guy, but it`s not worth the hassle to deal with him again just to be honest... BUYER BEWARE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dehlers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: RecycledJack AKA Jack Finn Reply with quote

Wow, this guy is an A**!

I sent a nice request for a few parts, says he has them all and gives prices. I shoot him an offer based on what I see these parts going for here on Samba and I get a two word response "no sale". Fair enough, I call him and tell him assuming I pay what he asks for the two parts, and ask what he really wants for one electrical connector (turn signal connector on a super beetle) he says $100. I say too much and before I can say another word, he hangs up.

Maybe he sells good parts and maybe he is reputable, I can't say. But compared to so many good and friendly sellers here on Samba, I would avoid this guy absolutely.

Doug
Elroyyy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my first dealing with recycledjack over at eBuy.

His Type III distributor ad was a little suspect due to the fact that he used the exact same image from another dstributor I had just bought.

Asked him to tell me what part number he had.
Told me "it came from a '73. Does that help?"
I responded "No, not at all."
He asked what part number I was looking for.
Told him I was looking for the numbers stamped onto the distributor.
He said that if I know the part number I want, he'll put in some effort. He's got better things to do.

That was my experience. YMMV, but I doubt it.
Jake Hoff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed him about a hood on eBay two weeks later
He emailed back and said to call him. Called and the first thing he starts is about how it's gonna cost 250.00 to ship a bug hood and that if I wanted to use grey hound that when my hood showed up in a crumpled ball of $hit that it wasn't his problem and nothing he would Do. Plus if I wanted it I would have to pay him Cash and pay greyhound. I interrupted him from chewing my ass and said I was good paying all fees upfront with paypal and he said he would only take check. Right there you know he is trying to screw people by doing that. So I said politely I didn't want to pay for something and not get it so he snapped back said get my hood somewhere else and hung up

This is the kind of guy that makes on line shopping so scary. Buy something and never get it or get chewed out for it
busboy25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by here to looked at what was suppose to be a low rust 62 sunroof bug. Well by no rust he meant that all of the rust had been rusted away, it was a $500 parts car that he wanted $2500 for. And he had already started selling the high dollar bits off, sunroof assembly, seats, fenders, deckled, radio. I then asked if he had any bay window parts cause Im restoring one and that was just a waste of time prices twice any catalog would have and he was just rude. I really wanted to tell him to f off before I left but I just left.
tonychavalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called for a quote on a type4 bus engine and trans. I got a "what are you willing to pay for it" I was like should you just tell me what you want as you are the business? I said $800 for grins and he said not good enuff and hung up. What a dirt bag. I couldnt even get a simple quote.
samba`57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Please don't do any business with this person. Really, just don't.
I emailed him for a pair of turn signal lenses for $90 each.
No reply, emailed him again. After 15 days i got a reply but the lenses were $110 now each??! What??!
I asked him kindly to help me out a bit but all i got was an strange, rude reply.
casey79westfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Don't do business with this guy. Called about a set of caliper carriers that he said he didnt even have but he could find them from places I don't even know about. Then he says "make an offer". I say $50 and he hung up on me.
76 Porsche 914
2014 Audi Q7
2010 Tdi Sportwagen

Currently looking for 62 Double Cab, 66 Westfalia Parts!
(Rear seat and pedestal, bumpers, mirrors)

http://www.baycountrymotors.com

My 87 Syncro Westfalia 1.8t Restoration

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418933

"Do it the right way, or you'll pay for it"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gintaras
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another bad mark for this guy, a shame really, because since I am in Chicago, and almost all of my parts come from California, I was very pleased to see a parts guy in Michigan.. Well, that elation did not last long, I called about a part that he had listed on his site, he returned my call and told me that he didn't have it, but he could get it, and what am I willing to pay.. Red Flag right there..
I ask for pictures of the part, which is a heat exchanger, and notorious for having it's outer jacket rusted away, and he simply told me that he wasn't going to do business with me, and hung up.
toddgsanford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

tread lightly with this one
posted ad was for a frame w title called and was told it was a rusty frame only no body with title. Nothing like what was pictured or described in his ad. 6 hr drive for me so I will pass he also added how he had sold millions of dollars in vw parts over the years blah blah blah
sickvwguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I wish I would have read these before I called. Was looking for a window divider and he was a complete ass. Asked me to pay more than what he had the ad up for to take apart a window. I tried asking if he had spares by themselves and he hung up on me. How does one stay in business acting like that???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JahKewn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dealing with this guy is like pulling teeth. Twice I have tried to buy parts from him at two different times of the year and both times he was conveniently went on a multi-week vacation with no calls returned, no email replies. I was able to inquire about a few things and confirm he had them in stock, told me he would get back to me the next day and that's when he flakes. Simple parts requests shouldn't be this hard.

The times I was able to get ahold of him I made it very clear I am a very motivated buyer and still no dice. Please look elsewhere for your VW needs.
cscarmy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just had my first (and last ) encounter with this 'Jack' . He had a used vanagon diesel transmission for sale on Ebay. I politely asked him , via email, has the 3-4 gear synchro ever been replaced, if he knew, and how many miles was on it? He wrote me right back only saying " it was a good used transmission". I then wrote to him " I asked you two questions that you did not answer. No sale. " He then wrote back to me again simply saying "No problem". He wants to be snarky with me ( and others?) he can keep his stuff. I don't need to spend 800 dollars (core charge too included) for a 'good used transmission' as THE description...and I don't think anyone else should either.

Also, after many years of reading numerous samba articles etc. I finally decided to join today! Glad I did!
RENTEDCOW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with this fella and I need to calm down. He reached out to me and told me he had the part. I call him and he lectures me and tells me that he does not have the part. But, he could get the part if I wanted. "BUT, it will cost a pretty penny. BECAUSE you know I don't work for free'.

I told him thank you and hang up.

I just look at the other reviews and noticed bad reviews going back a decade. Has anyone bought anything from him and was pleased?
dlb154
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

"Jack" is about the most difficult "seller" I've every tried to buy from. He currently has two Vanagon transmissions for sale and I was planning to purchase and sent my brother in the Detroit area out to get one.
I trusted his story that these were purchased years ago in a bulk transaction along with diesel engines that all proved to be good engines. He admitted there was no info as to the condition of these transmissions but his feeling was they were probably good (given all the diesel engines from the seller proved to be good).
SO... I trusted and agreed there was no guarantee and was buying on an as-is basis. My brother called to arrange a time to come pick-up the transmission to later send to me in Reno, NV. "Jack" (or John Finn) was bossy and refused to make an appointed time for my brother to come by. My brother was told to call every day to see when "Jack" would be around.
This morning I receive an email showing my credit card has been charged. My brother later shows up to get the transmission that is more rough that his limited ad pictures reveal. "Jack" claims I haven't signed an as-is agreement yet and that my brother must also sign an additional as-is agreement and also provide ID.
Then an email arrives from "Jack" stating that "buyer is a big boy and understands what it means" to accept as-is.
I quickly reply "signed - approved" so as to not waste any more of my brother's time... "Jack" replies back saying I have to print out, sign and send a picture back to his phone...
I'm done with this clown. Verbally I accepted it as-is and my email reply stated so. I called back to say this was ridiculous. If he can not trust me, I don't trust him. He says "this transmission isn't for you" and hangs up!
"Jack" a$$ lives up to his "name" and the feedback already posted here.
Funny he would charge my credit card before I even received his silly as-is agreement email.
I'll get my money back - Visa wants my business, not people like "Jack."

p.s.; should point out that as I helped determine this was an ACW transmission over the phone yesterday, he claimed the price goes up the more he knows about the transmission... He also states in his as-is email that he has a buyer willing to pay $600 for this vary transmission right now, sight unseen... PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL potential buyer before you get tangled up with Mr Finn.
D/A/N
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had a good experience with Jack. After a few emails about a bus vent window, I paid him over the phone. I got the window 2 days later (MI to NY) and it was in even better condition than in the pictures.

'70 Riviera. 1904cc w/ 40mm Dellortos, 019 distributor, Steve Tims “super stock” 37x32 heads, Web Cam 218, Vintage Speed SS143 Super Speed exhaust, 1 1/2” heater boxes
CEP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently purchased a workshop manual (1960 Beetle) from this seller. He responded promptly and professionally to each of the emails I sent him in the course of the transaction. He shipped the manual to me very promptly after he received my payment. He provided tracking info for the package, and when I received it I was impressed with the measures he had taken to ensure the manual was not damaged in shipping. Moreover, the manual itself was even better than represented in the advertisement.
I am very happy with all aspects of my transaction with Jack Finn.
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

This guy is cocky and rude... I have never had a good experience yet I give him a chance. I cannot believe he sells anything. Says he has a part which is a pretty difficult to find. Asks for money and shipping but will not send a photo. Says buy elsewhere then... No problem

F I S H E R W E R K E
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: