Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2176cc's for my Type1
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
engle has both.

Calling them now to find out. Looks like I'll have to call web back and order a set of their lifters.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
Total seal 2nd ring, rest are Grants
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
Steve Long XR310 on a 106
CB 1.4 rockers
CB Magnaspark 2 distributor
NGK D7ea plugs
A1 lowdown 1 3/4 with single muffler
Dellorto 48's with 40 venturies
Kennedy Stage 2 with Daiken disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifters ordered from web, they manufacture their own now.....not temanufactured
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stan_tichomirov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder if majority of aircooled people are running SCAT lifters -- at least 2 of your 3 cams are supposedly compatible with them.. I know builders that do. It's all I've ever used lol

Stan
My budget 2276 build
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan_tichomirov wrote:
I have to wonder if majority of aircooled people are running SCAT lifters -- at least 2 of your 3 cams are supposedly compatible with them.. I know builders that do. It's all I've ever used lol

Stan

Makes sense. Sc-1 blanks are scat. Maybe the webcam lifters really are repackaged scats. They must work if thats what they recommend. Anyway. Theres a set of n3ver used udos in the classifieds for 320.00 now. Shipping included.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

I hate to be a dick but some of us are done helping you.

The more I think about it the less I believe some of you have been helping. I think I'm better off just surfing the posts. Reading between the lines. And speaking directly with the folks I buy the parts from. Really, Dave? Hilarious. I don't doubt your experience at all. I mean, ckm3 on. Roy has been nothing but rude and demeaning from the start and when I take up for myself I'm the bad guy? Craziness. There was a post on here about passages on his heqds being clear for air flow and he posted an 040. I can tell you for fact that the 050's I had were plugged everywhere. Not one channel open. And he says they get an additional "free" 3 to 4 hours of clean up? Bullshit. Let me ask you this. Are you running Mofoco heads? No, you're not.
There's three folks on here that I trust to answer my questions. Murzi.....because he's done it, no keyboard cowboy there. And Modok, that kid knows his shit. And John, aircooled, knows and has done it. Neither one of them has ever had a bad thing to say to me.....although I probably deserved it. I now understand why I've been told over and over not to post amd ask questions on this forum. There's a group of you that think you know.....but you either do and enjoy watching the failure...or you don't. Doesn't really matter. I'm not stupid....maybe too trusting.....but not stupid. No love lost 2i5hout your help. Have a good day. Laughing
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs

Last edited by fivelugshortaxle on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2176cc's for my Type1 Reply with quote

fivelugshortaxle wrote:
Going to let the circus thread fall away and die. As many have said, it was ridiculous. I will try to transfer all of the pertinent info into this one and I will definitely post only questions or results about the impending build.

So this is what I have and what has been decided upon.

2176- no bigger, no smaller
78.4 mm forged cw crank
AA h beam rods 5.4's
AA 94's
RockCrusher special blend of the good stuff in a set of Mofoco 42x37.5 heads with dual springs
Engle FK44
Engle lifters
Trim to length cheomoly pushrods
Glenn Ring rebuilt 010 distributor
dual Dellorto 48's
RockCrusher o-ringed oil pump
Gene Berg deep sump
Low buggett traction bar- cheaper than the Berg and for what it is I can't see spending Berg prices
CB performance 1.4 rockers
CB performance c-channel valve covers
Custom made( bought from a vendor here in the classifieds )polished aluminum breather box
CB performance aluminum case full flowed and stroker clearanced.

I'll add information as I go and try to add the good info that I've gotten from folks here in the last couple of months so that everything will be able to be tracked or looked up much easier.

This is the very 1st post on this thread you started 3 1/2 years ago. You started with a very good plan. If you would have followed your original plan you would have a great running engine today. As it is now with all your flip-flopping and constantly changing your mind you have turned your own world into a disaster.

You are much better off following your own advise.

Quote:
I think I'm better off just surfing the posts. Reading between the lines. And speaking directly with the folks I buy the parts from.

Quote:
I now understand why I've been told over and over not to post amd ask questions on this forum.

Good luck and I truly hope it works out for you.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos

Last edited by vwracerdave on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2176cc's for my Type1 Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
Going to let the circus thread fall away and die. As many have said, it was ridiculous. I will try to transfer all of the pertinent info into this one and I will definitely post only questions or results about the impending build.

So this is what I have and what has been decided upon.

2176- no bigger, no smaller
78.4 mm forged cw crank
AA h beam rods 5.4's
AA 94's
RockCrusher special blend of the good stuff in a set of Mofoco 42x37.5 heads with dual springs
Engle FK44s I'll
Engle lifters
Trim to length cheomoly pushrods
Glenn Ring rebuilt 010 distributor
dual Dellorto 48's
RockCrusher o-ringed oil pump
Gene Berg deep sump
Low buggett traction bar- cheaper than the Berg and for what it is I can't see spending Berg prices
CB performance 1.4 rockers
CB performance c-channel valve covers
Custom made( bought from a vendor here in the classifieds )polished aluminum breather box
CB performance aluminum case full flowed and stroker clearanced.

I'll add information as I go and try to add the good info that I've gotten from folks here in the last couple of months so that everything will be able to be tracked or looked up much easier.

This is the very 1st post on this thread. You started with a very good plan. If you would have followed your original plan you would have a great running engine today. As it is now with all your flip-flopping and constantly changing your mind you have turned your own world into a disaster.

You are much better off following your own advise.

"I think I'm better off just surfing the posts. Reading between the lines. And speaking directly with the folks I buy the parts from."

"I now understand why I've been told over and over not to post amd ask questions on this forum."

Good luck and I truly hope it works out for you.

You're absolutely correct. Exactly what I was trying to say. Go in ng a good route now and uaing webcam lifters for the 86b.
Precisely why I said I didn't doubt you. Ive noticed that you're conspicuously absent on a lot of posts. 2 plus 2 equals 4. Thanks, Dave. You've said a lot without saying much at all. And no, that's not a cut.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

The more I think about it the less I believe some of you have been helping. I think I'm better off just surfing the posts. Reading between the lines. And speaking directly with the folks I buy the parts from. Really, Dave? Hilarious. I don't doubt your experience at all. I mean, ckm3 on. Roy has been nothing but rude and demeaning from the start and when I take up for myself I'm the bad guy? Craziness. There was a post on here about passages on his heqds being clear for air flow and he posted an 040. I can tell you for fact that the 050's I had were plugged everywhere. Not one channel open. And he says they get an additional "free" 3 to 4 hours of clean up? Bullshit. Let me ask you this. Are you running Mofoco heads? No, you're not.
There's three folks on here that I trust to answer my questions. Murzi.....because he's done it, no keyboard cowboy there. And Modok, that kid knows his shit. And John, aircooled, knows and has done it. Neither one of them has ever had a bad thing to say to me.....although I probably deserved it. I now understand why I've been told over and over not to post amd ask questions on this forum. There's a group of you that think you know.....but you either do and enjoy watching the failure...or you don't. Doesn't really matter. I'm not stupid....maybe too trusting.....but not stupid. No love lost 2i5hout your help. Have a good day. Laughing

Dude, you really have problems. Did you not read the part that I dropped $10,000 on upgrades for my mold THIS YEAR? Rude and demeaning? Do you not remember our first encounter on here? You PM'd me and told me I'm a f-ing moron because I posted on a thread about the fact that I use filter pumps every day and never had any problems. You had never even built a motor yet. You also sent messages to Everett that I stole from you and ripped you off. Also, what the hell are you talking about with 3-4 hours of free clean up? That was posted by someone else....

If those guys you mentioned are your "VW Gods" then email them direct and leave the rest of us alone. Literally no one cares anymore until you actually have something done. I've built over 1000 cylinder heads and over 100 motors since your first post.....but hey, I'm the idiot. Rolling Eyes

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

Dude, you really have problems. Did you not read the part that I dropped $10,000 on upgrades for my mold THIS YEAR? Rude and demeaning? Do you not remember our first encounter on here? You PM'd me and told me I'm a f-ing moron because I posted on a thread about the fact that I use filter pumps every day and never had any problems. You had never even built a motor yet. You also sent messages to Everett that I stole from you and ripped you off. Also, what the hell are you talking about with 3-4 hours of free clean up? That was posted by someone else....

If those guys you mentioned are your "VW Gods" then email them direct and leave the rest of us alone. Literally no one cares anymore until you actually have something done. I've built over 1000 cylinder heads and over 100 motors since your first post.....but hey, I'm the idiot. Rolling Eyes

I pm'd Everett because you wouldn't return calls or emails and all my parts were at your shop. What was I supposed to think? And nobody said anything about "vw gods". Dude just stop posting here. Nothing good will come out of it. Just leave me be please.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivelugshortaxle wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

I pm'd Everett because you wouldn't return calls or emails and all my parts were at your shop. What was I supposed to think? And nobody said anything about "vw gods". Dude just stop posting here. Nothing good will come out of it. Just leave me be please.

Yes you did and I respected your wishes......until you had to go and starting talking trash....again....like I said, you have problems that really need to be checked out. You work at a hospital, right? Make an appointment.

www.mofoco.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

Yes you did and I respected your wishes......until you had to go and starting talking trash....again....like I said, you have problems that really need to be checked out. You work at a hospital, right? Make an appointment.

No, I didn't start talking trash. This is what I said.
"I sold the heads, guy got a great deal. Those heads ahouldnwork our really well for a smaller motor." That's not talking trash. Do I have a few issues? Heck yeah, I do. Been tbrough a lot in the last few years and I will admit its made me a bit nutty. Now please, leave me alone. I would vreatly appreciate it.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

This was yesterday, after I respected your wishes on not posting on your thread again.....WOW man, do you not remember this?

www.mofoco.com

mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy works at a hospital? Thats scary

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

This was yesterday, after I respected your wishes on not posting on your thread again.....WOW man, do you not remember this?

Sure I rember that. Wasn't trying to bash, simply putting the info out there. I just thought it was funny that someone asked about air passages through the 050's......at least I thought that was the head they were asking about......and you posted a pic of an 040. Was xrinking beer and may have gotten a tad bit.confused. My fault.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs

Last edited by fivelugshortaxle on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmscott wrote:
This guy works at a hospital? Thats scary

Yes, I do. And I'm damn good at what I do. Damn good. Perhaps I shouldn't post when I'm drinking beer. Might save me a lot of headache.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivelugshortaxle wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

Sure I rember that. Wasn't trying to bash, simply putting the info out there. I just thought it was funny that someone asked about air passages through the 050's......at least I thought that was the head they were asking about......and you posted a pic of an 040. Was xrinking beer and may have gotten a tad bit.confused. My fault.

Why? No one on this thread brought up my name, you did. No one brought up my heads, you did. No one asked about Mofoco, you just decided in your drunken haze to bring info you don't even understand into your thread....again. My heads are made with ONE MOLD so showing a 040, 041, 042 or 050 with respect to air flow holes make no difference. The different heads are made using different port and rocker box sand cores.(again, I'm sure you know more about all this cylinder head manufacturing than I do with your extensive keyboard experience) Maybe you should lay off the booze if you can't control what you post.

www.mofoco.com

fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder people quit these motors when all lifters and cams were failing.
I've got options and need help deciding which one to go with.
I've got a web 86b now and a set of their lifters on the way. But with their recent quality control issues I'm not so sure about using it.
I've got the Engle w120 and the udo's but still not sure about the udo's being okay.really dont want to see them fail inside the motor.
Still have the SLR xr310. I could easily just order a set slr lifters and be good.....and since I haven't ordered the heads yet I need to make the decision. Apparently I've gotten into a pickle. Too many choices. Crap.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
?

Why? No one on this thread brought up my name, you did. No one brought up my heads, you did. No one asked about Mofoco, you just decided in your drunken haze to bring info you don't even understand into your thread....again. My heads are made with ONE MOLD so showing a 040, 041, 042 or 050 with respect to air flow holes make no difference. The different heads are made using different port and rocker box sand cores.(again, I'm sure you know more about all this cylinder head manufacturing than I do with your extensive keyboard experience) Maybe you should lay off the booze if you can't control what you post.

Hmmm......had no idea. Learned something new. Ignorance is definitely not bliss. Thanks for the education.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs

Last edited by fivelugshortaxle on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay....knocked one cam out of the equation. The Engle W120. Just sent in an order to aircooled.net for 1.4 rockers and an assortment lf other odds and ends....pushrods withkut ends installed. SLR and WEB. Do I want the motor to scream or be tame? I'll call SLR and see what they say about the heads for their cam.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
stan_tichomirov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open forum, so opinion from my side.

You can't manage an engine build in crisis mode. Well, you could, but it's not the right approach IMO. If something doesn't fit, step back, sleep on it, evaluate options, make a desision, move on. Noone will die.

IMO, any of the parts you have or had would have worked together fine if put together well, people do it all the time.

Stan
My budget 2276 build
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Jump to:
Page 72 of 102

Jump to: