Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield 2012 - June 17, 2012
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great show, picked up parts I was looking for
my grandson's first camp out
no one collected my camping fee, I had to insist they take it when I entered
I can deal with port-a-potties, but one is not enough for a crowd that size
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:
And Manny keeping tabs with local PD...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

They had him confused with this guy.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good show, great weather !! Nice see some long time Vw guys that have not been around. Kevin & John fron Gardner Mass., Cris Torlasco, Randy from Maine.
1st I learned of last years Batroom problems was from the Fair grounds staff-- very nasty " You people" attitude sat. afternoon, they said "No Showers" with a smile :fist: Maybe it's time for a different location ?? Goshen fairgrounds ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
On the other hand, I scored some parts, caught up with friends and lost my winter pastiness Laughing

OH MAN! I'm SO burned but I bet your winter pastiness was über sexy Laughing

Not as sexy as Manny and his Watermelon umbrella!
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! I saw that and instantly craved some watermelon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just threw up in my mouth a little. Poor dune buggy never had a chance.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that umbrella is the best garbage pick of 2012 so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had at both fairgrounds, some vandalism in the bathrooms. Believe me , that I hated closing the bathrooms overnight at both shows, but we had no choice. The majority of VW enthusiasts are never a problem but all it takes is one person leaving an unbelievable mess and damaging a fairly new facility to change my mind. If the place gets trashed, we end up paying for the damage and making no money for the charity. The people who own the grounds (Harwinton Ag Commitee) made us get attendants Sat and all day Sunday to prevent damage. One recent year in Terryville we caught an individual trying to light on fire the mulch woodchips in front of the restrooms. Go figure. I know this was a hardship on people , and since this year we had no bathroom damage issues, we plan on changing the hours of the bathrooms. Extending how late they are open on Sat. night will be a good possibility. After 24 years of shows we have had many issues come up, and Im sure we will get this squared away. In general the show was a great success with more spectators attending and a great turnout of vendors. Thank you all for attending and helping us make money for local charity. Next year will be the 25th annual. Hope to see you there. Chuck Pisconski
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
schell '59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great show..liek always chuck....didnt get to see you but what a great turn out.

see my "gallery" for more pics other than the website.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this show and Terryville as well, but paying $15 for camping and having to jump in the car to go find a public bathroom around midnight cause the port a john was "crowning" around that point, and Leana didn't feel comfortable going in there did not sit well with me.
I don't know how much money this show generates, nor do I care, and I hope it's a ton of dough because it does go to a worthy cause, but I'm sure hiring someone to stand guard at the bathroom door overinght to protect us from this rash of vandalism that suddenly appeared in the last year or so at these two events would not cost a too much ( $100 bucks maybe?) and more people would enjoy camping overnight instead of having to post about how "shitty" the experience was.
Just my 2 cents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't make it this year, where were the barndoors from?

Manny, you need a Westfalia toilet now Smile. I agree though, a night shift attendant would be nice.

Anyone get any good swap scores?
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Manny. I recognize that this show is the result of years of hard work put in by a few great guys; and dispite rain, breakdowns, and the lot we ALWAYS have a great time. But I scratched my head a few times this year and asked myself "what's going on here?"

The bathroom issues are clear, and I recognize that it takes one asshole to fuck it up for all of us; but paying to camp when the bathrooms were on lockdown just boggles my mind. I mean, did they think that no one would still have to "make"? Now, people just went on (or in) the bushes. Next, they'll be complaining that we were peeing and defecating all over the property. Does the past (however many) trouble free years of union between the show, and the fairgrounds carry no merit?

Certainly not looking forward to the next debacle at Terryville knowing already that we're going to be paying for idiots actions with our restrictive bladder and bowel movements.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLHTurbo wrote:
Couldn't make it this year, where were the barndoors from?

Manny, you need a Westfalia toilet now Smile. I agree though, a night shift attendant would be nice.

Anyone get any good swap scores?

I never ventured into the carshow area. But the pictures of those two buses looked nice.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHOTOS HERE
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4208522058324.340247.1443146781&type=1&l=f768a93885
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
I love this show and Terryville as well, but paying $15 for camping and having to jump in the car to go find a public bathroom around midnight cause the port a john was "crowning" around that point, and Leana didn't feel comfortable going in there did not sit well with me.
I don't know how much money this show generates, nor do I care, and I hope it's a ton of dough because it does go to a worthy cause, but I'm sure hiring someone to stand guard at the bathroom door overinght to protect us from this rash of vandalism that suddenly appeared in the last year or so at these two events would not cost a too much ( $100 bucks maybe?) and more people would enjoy camping overnight instead of having to post about how "shitty" the experience was.
Just my 2 cents.

obnoxiousblue wrote:
Agreed Manny. I recognize that this show is the result of years of hard work put in by a few great guys; and dispite rain, breakdowns, and the lot we ALWAYS have a great time. But I scratched my head a few times this year and asked myself "what's going on here?"

The bathroom issues are clear, and I recognize that it takes one asshole to fuck it up for all of us; but paying to camp when the bathrooms were on lockdown just boggles my mind. I mean, did they think that no one would still have to "make"? Now, people just went on (or in) the bushes. Next, they'll be complaining that we were peeing and defecating all over the property. Does the past (however many) trouble free years of union between the show, and the fairgrounds carry no merit?

Certainly not looking forward to the next debacle at Terryville knowing already that we're going to be paying for idiots actions with our restrictive bladder and bowel movements.

100% agree. Guys can make do with a tree but what about the ladies? I don't mean to beat a dead horse and overall the weekend was good but, I still felt un-welcomed by the Harwinton staff. If they insist on closing the bathrooms at night, fine. Make the closed hours 12-6:00, add more porta-pottys, and drop the camping price. No all night bathrooms means no $15 in my opinion
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember that Chuck doesn't make the rules. The association that owns the fairgrounds set the rules (and the camping price) and they need to protect their property. All it takes it one jerk to ruin it, so it's up to all of us to make sure everyone behaves, respects the property and cleans up after ourselves.

Just like some people volunteer to judge the cars, maybe we need some to go to the camp site and clean up after most of the cars are gone.

Let's all remember that Chuck, Dan and Tom run this show as a service to the VW community and all the proceeds go to charity.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
schell '59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^yep.

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's sad to see some asshats ruin it for everyone. i would hope the offending parties were confronted and asked to leave.

chuck, if push comes to shove, we can do it at my place. i have over 1K acres at my finger tips. i dont know how people would feel moving it to the mystic/stonington area

we would have to rent potra potties, i have a generator so DJ Jim can jam, i have 6 golf cart so we can police everyone.

the only rules i have would be no open fires, no loud music and the first douchbag that gets out of line will be asked to leave, once. the second time, the Cat 420L comes and and the car (and people) get buried Very Happy

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
schell '59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell knows Skill's you definatly have the room!!!....and beautiful to boot!!!

WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As all have said thanks once again Chuck and the rest of the VW crew. Did okay selling and bought some stuff (not a lot). I did get a new engine for the Highroof and it is in and fixed the red light issue we got on Friday (why it got a trailer ride this time).

I must agree that the fair grounds is getting weirder every year. At this point you would think the campground would be easy to collect and deal with but this year the guy came around to collect late (was there earlier) and "forgot" a flashlight. Then got distracted and never made it to us (we did take care of them in the morning).

As many know I am in the antique world (my living) and you may have seen the signs for the show last weekend the fairgrounds "hosted". Of course I had friends that setup and one that the grounds is trying to get to have their auction in the buildings. They are being so nice and accommodating to them (and cheap). The bathrooms had "problems" at the antique show from the users so it ain't all us VW people. Not sure what they did at night for bathrooms but I know there were at least a few dealers "camping" Saturday night.

Maybe it is time to camp somewhere else like in the old days of the Inn. It may eliminate the camping "problems" and expense (and hassles). I am sorry but after 6 AM I am way to busy to use the bathrooms never mind shower.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: