Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bad Vendors being allowed
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Bad Vendors being allowed Reply with quote

I use the Buyer and Seller Feedback Forum on TheSamba for getting feedback on people that I would purchase from. Lately, thieves that robbed people are being allowed back on to sell, by hiding their identity. I can no longer rely on the samba to provide accurate feedback on sellers. I am really disappointed that is being allowed. People should prove themselves BEFORE being given the opportunity to be allowed back. They should not be able to lie and deceive to get back. They are allowed to break the rules. Where is the line drawn. Does Steve Houston deserve a second chance? How about Odin Turner. I used to buy Tshirts and pay for a premium membership because I loved and respected what this site was about. Trust should be earned not conned out of you.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are specific about which vendor(s) I can address it.

Yes, I have allowed people back on the site. Typically not under a new id. Most recently, I unbanned Kona, although he was just banned due to communication issues. This situation has happened numerous times with various users. Restojohnny is another recent example.

Another example is a user that was banned from the site several years ago. He went back and contacted everyone who had posted with complaints and made up for all past issues. He now has a large amount of good feedback.

If you are referring to Miroan Werks he was not explicitly allowed back on the site or known to be on here under a new id called NOK, reported to be shared by multiple people, until it was brought up by various Samba users. He has numerous outstanding complaints as spelled out in his Miroan Werks feedback thread. Since NOK has good feedback and several members have mentioned that Miroan Werks is in the process of re-paying past debts, I have chosen to allow NOK to remain on the site as a seller. The Miroan Werks id is not allowed to post ads.

Overall, the feedback threads are there for potential buyers to review and make a decision. For the users above, their feedback is linked from every ad they post. Don't buy from someone with complaints if it concerns you.

Mr. Houston would not be allowed back on the site due to repeated abuses. There are numerous other people that are permanently banned as well.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo Valencia

[email protected] ??

Pages and pages of negative feedback.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there are a few people that seems like they have issues all the times but they sell TONS of stuff so overall you only see the problems.

This person in particular is one of the few with a big warning stating his issues up front, along with his huge feedback thread so people can decide for themselves.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: