Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have a yellow bucket?
Yep.
16%
 16%  [ 20 ]
Nope.
63%
 63%  [ 79 ]
I dont even know what yellow bucket is. What is Yellow Bucket?
20%
 20%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 124

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Ha ha, I figured that you'd like that. I wonder how many others I can get to threaten to punch me! Sheesh.

Smile

I'll give you a hint. They are plastic and they are yellow and they have lids. I'm not 100% sure how reuseable the yellow lids will be. They did have reusable lids, but those looked to only be available in white.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

This thread lives!

I am so jealous of the brown bucket. What did we ever determine about those?

I still have my yellow, just need a running Westy for it to reside in. Laughing

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
This thread lives!

I am so jealous of the brown bucket. What did we ever determine about those?

I still have my yellow, just need a running Westy for it to reside in. Laughing

I know right!

Right after this thread started I broke my leg - 1/16/12. That seems like a life time ago now. Even when I bought the pail I have seemed so long ago.

The brown pail was a classy find here and sat for awhile - as its missing the lid I guess. But it came with the box in great shape.

Stew I will punch you in the nuts if its harmed. Evil or Very Mad Its not like I could do any damage to your bus that would be relevant Rolling Eyes Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Man, we are a very "punchy" bunch around here.

Actually, you all are the punchy ones. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

This thread, besides prompting me to order 5 "repro" buckets last night, also made me think I really do need to take the bus by to see the original owners. ( http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8323790#8323790 ) Maybe they still have it's bucket! Very Happy

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

[quote="notchboy"]
Kirk wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Its not like I could do any damage to your bus that would be relevant Rolling Eyes Laughing

No kidding, right?

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Cool bring my poo pail then. Twisted Evil

Nope. Keeping it with the bus. Who knows when I'll need to take another pic with it!!??? Shocked

Stu, we'll need it for camping Friday night; the bathrooms will be closed for winter. I'll take good care of it after.

Thank goodness for that bucket!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Applause

Laughing

Ata boy! Now we are talkin. Just so you know, my balls have already been all, and I mean all around that bucket. Cool

Lets get a proper pooper shot though.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

There is much too much information in that picture
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

If you click the pic - the information jumps out at you Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

I've got a yellow bucket! (Sort of)

Dimensions seem about right, maybe just a touch smaller. Not totally correct, but I can actually use this without having to worry about anything.

I have 3 more sets I'd sell if anyone is interested. (I bought 5, I'll keep a spare.)

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Thats the best alternative so far. Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
alaskadan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Very Happy This is some funny shit. I never knew about them yellow buckets. That last alternative yellow bucket looks like it has one of those lids that snap on really tight. Not sure if id want to be straining and wrestling to get the lid off to empty it! Sad . You can get free buckets from a safeway bakery that are 3 gallon, might be correct size?
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

alaskadan wrote:
Very Happy This is some funny shit. I never knew about them yellow buckets. That last alternative yellow bucket looks like it has one of those lids that snap on really tight. Not sure if id want to be straining and wrestling to get the lid off to empty it! Sad . You can get free buckets from a safeway bakery that are 3 gallon, might be correct size?

have you read the rarest of the rare thread? the yellow bucket stuff had me laughing out loud.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Depending on what you "deposit" in the yellow bucket, you probably would want it to be really tight! It even has a rubber seal.

It looks like the lid is the type that you put on with a rubber mallet or something, then rip off the zip-strip to open it, but is also able to be put back on.

They did have an alternative lid that was screw on, but for the smaller size it only came in white.

I think most 3 gallon buckets are the same diameter as a 5 gallon bucket and therefore won't fit. At least they were at the company I got these from.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

Dave post a link to these new ones. I might have to get some for shits and wobbly pops Cool Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
VW.parrothead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, no yellow bucket here, but I'm looking for that white styrofoam bucket to test out the "DIY portable A/C unit for under $20" instructions! Wonder if they still carry them at Home Depot? lol

notchboy wrote:

Well in the spirit of finding a suitable alternative, I came across this at Home Depot. Its cheap, only fits in the tall box (tight) and looks the part other than being yellow. But I think Ill fix that with a rattle can this weekend. Cool

Um Kirk, to bad the thread name cant change Laughing

BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

These 4 gallon buckets fit pretty well. Put a little foam pipe insulation around the top and it makes a pretty good emergency toilet.

https://www.lehmans.com/product/4-gallon-plastic-bucket-with-lid

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

That's the kind they sell cat litter in Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Dave post a link to these new ones. I might have to get some for shits and wobbly pops Cool Laughing

I ordered them from Uline.

But the minimum order is 5, so I have several extras and would sell them.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
ohiowesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Lets make Notchboy jealous w/our Yellow Buckets thread! Reply with quote

There, my glorious yellow bucket
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: