Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

78' Riviera Plan 1, Penthouse top accessories
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookiemonster78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: 78' Riviera Plan 1, Penthouse top accessories Reply with quote

Hey there,
I'm offically new to The Samba but I have been using it as a resource for the months now.
I purchased my 78' in July and am finding that I have a ton of questions, some of which I have found information on and some of which I am still struggling with.
I am finding original optional accessories pretty much impossible to find! So I've decided to try my hand at fabrication. My father is a seamster and we're both quite handy. Does any one have plan/design/pattern information for the Riviera side canopy, childs hammock, side table or even outdoor table stand? Of course if you have any of these items and would like to sell I'd consider buying them too!
adamgraves
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked forever for plans for the rivi tent and never found. I took mine off and used it as a template and then improved the original design with better fabric, larger beefier screen windows... really it's one big long wrap that seems at the back... although the top frame is large than the back if i remember right...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by adamgraves on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for a Rivi awning or tent? The tent was made by White Stag, and I have one if you'd like to reference it.
Cookiemonster78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you looking for a Rivi awning or tent? The tent was made by White Stag, and I have one if you'd like to reference it.

I think I'd prefer the awning but I don't have any luck with that I may take you up on that!
Cookiemonster78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adamgraves, I like you bus, nice style! I'm in Sandpoint pretty often, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for smokey! Also Thanks for your info, I have a feeling I'm going to have to wing it and come up with something close I guess it'll give me the opportunity create the quality/style I'm looking for. I like striped awnings from the older buses but like the idea of having the whole thing screened in as well. [/quote]
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, I can't recall ever seeing a "Riviera" specific awning. Is there a brochure with one pictured?
Heliconman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I remembered reading a long time ago that the original company that made the pop top for the riviera was still in business and the tops were still available? We were thinking of buying a riviera at one time but found a great deal on a westfalia so I stopped looking for Rivi stuff. Search here for threads on Rivieras and maybe you will find the thread.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliconman wrote:
I thought I remembered reading a long time ago that the original company that made the pop top for the riviera was still in business and the tops were still available? We were thinking of buying a riviera at one time but found a great deal on a westfalia so I stopped looking for Rivi stuff. Search here for threads on Rivieras and maybe you will find the thread.

They are still in business, and you can buy a new poptop canvas for about $400 direct from them. But the OP is talking about awnings and side tents, and other Riv accessories. At least that is what I get from reading his post.

Is this right cookiemonster?
Cookiemonster78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the OP is talking about awnings and side tents, and other Riv accessories. At least that is what I get from reading his post.

Yeah that is correct, I saw a brochure on the riviera that showed what they called a 'canopy'. I would prefer Riviera accessories, but if its impossible and if I cant find what I'm looking for by spring I'll go with westfalia or start making my own versions of things.
Cookiemonster78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link where I saw the canopy and I'm sure I remember seeing posts on here with pictures of frames but they didnt have any info and I'm not having any luck finding them tonight.

http://wetwesties.tripod.com/riviera/index1.html
Franklinstein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Riviera registry Reply with quote

Cookie,

You do know about the registry right?

http://rivieraregistry.com/index.php

Check out the brochure pages, I see an awning and tent pictured.

http://rivieraregistry.com/lit/mid-70%27s/riv-p5.jpg

Lots of cool info there...

Opinions are like A$$holes, everybody has one and yours all stink!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cookiemonster78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think thats where I originally saw the brochure. I have tried to get involved with the forum but they seem to have techinical difficulties. I'll keep trying though, I would imagine its full of usefull Rivi info.
edhnb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the blue tent from the brochure. Let me know if you need any information from/about it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera registry Reply with quote

Franklinstein wrote:

http://rivieraregistry.com/lit/mid-70%27s/riv-p5.jpg

Lots of cool info there...

I have the earlier version of that tent, and a friend of mine has that version.

In that brochure is a pic of the awning. I have never seen one before, but now I want one. It says that it is concealed by the pop top when not in use. That would be perfect. I need to figure out how to make one now.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MadMax78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Come to think of it, I can't recall ever seeing a "Riviera" specific awning. Is there a brochure with one pictured?

I've seen a Rivi with canopy for sale here in The Netherlands, the canopy was attached to the body, under the poptop. So it neatly tucked away under the top with a couple of straps.