Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Puma GTe 1600
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolokart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I own a 74 Puma GT 1600 in South of France. I am getting all parts i need directly in Brazil.
Actually i can get the specific aluminium knob set for the 74 Puma.
Autobutcher : Did you manage to find them ?
Cheers Laurent
autobutcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Hi Laurent,

Welcome to TheSamba and the Puma thread Smile
No I haven't found the knobs or switches yet and am still looking for them, so if you can help that would be much appreciated.
I don't speak Portuguese (only German and English Smile ) so have not really attempted to try and get parts from Brazil myself.
These are the knobs I'm looking for and also still looking for an oil temperature gauge.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

There aren't any spare cars in Europe which are being broken up for parts so my chances of getting used parts from here are very slim. Let me know how much a set would be if you can get hold of them.

By the way, there are at least another 2 Pumas in France near Nantes. The owner posted pictures on PumaGTE.com
http://www.pumagte.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5440

And please post a picture of your car. I'd be interested to see it.

Cheers Frank
lolokart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Hi Franck,

Sorry for my late reply. This is one of the shop in Sao Paulo that i use to buy some parts from. They are selling a new kit of 6 knobs for the Puma ( Wipers, lights, emergency light, fresh air x 2, lighter). 160 reais , around 38£. i will try to bring at my next travel there ( end of october, i hope).
http://www.lider101.com.br/botao-de-painel-puma-(0...puma-cm1-7

I 'll look for the oil T° gauge also.

Cheers.
Laurent.
autobutcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Hi Laurent,
I've just seen your car in the Classifieds. Very nice car and good luck with the sale.
Seeing a nice Puma always renews my enthusiasm to get on with mine, so I'll be back doing some more work later this week.
Do you bring many spares or complete cars back from Brazil?
Cheers Frank
nikos mavroutsikos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

I want one sooooo badly
PumaGTe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

So... haven't realy been working on my car for about two years. Since the birth of my son time is limited.

Things I have done the last few months;

-Dougout the Puma in the garage Laughing
-Serviced the engine, so it will be ready to go when the car is 'ready'
-Working out how to improve my windshield wipers. I had an aftermarket single arm wiper wich, unfortunatly scratched the window...
- Working out how to fit my aftermarket Window frames in the door, this has been a pain in the *ss. Waiting for some parts and then they should work good.
- Sorting out the last electrical issues, still have to do the hazzard lights.

Todo;
- get new 'MOT'
- Drive and Enjoy

After that I will evaluate everything that needs some more work.
Maybe re-chrome some parts and paint the wheels to make it look a little bit better. Also I want to lower the front end with an adjustable beam. I had dropped spindels but that did not work out because of the spacers I had to use to fit the wheels. Also I need a new exhaust wich does not wake up everyone in a 5 mile radius when I start the car. De Pound has lost a lot of value since the 'BREXIT' if it keeps dropping I will order a custom exhaust at TurboThomas in the UK.

Will post some pictures in a few days
lolokart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

autobutcher wrote:
Hi Laurent,
I've just seen your car in the Classifieds. Very nice car and good luck with the sale.
Seeing a nice Puma always renews my enthusiasm to get on with mine, so I'll be back doing some more work later this week.
Do you bring many spares or complete cars back from Brazil?
Cheers Frank

Hi Franck,
I saw your message only today. So far, i was bringing complete cars and parts from Brasil for my own and friend's collection (Puma, Brasil, Split). I will bring the knobs for you. But don't be in an hurry because it will take some weeks... Also togethuer with another Puma french owner, we decided to bring a spare windshield. Just in case, some Puma owner needs it in Europe I you need something else ( parts or complete car Wink from there let me know. Ill inform you when knobs are in France.
Cheers
Laurent
autobutcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

The European Puma Meeting is from 19th - 21st May 2017 in Hattersheim/Germany, halfway between Wiesbaden and Frankfurt.
http://www.pumadobrasil.de/treffen/index.html
The organiser is Wolfgang Wessner and for all enquiries please email [email protected]
Maybe see you there Very Happy
Frank
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Just purchased this book on the history of Puma!
https://www.amazon.ca/Puma-Thomas-H-Braun/dp/3848213699

Almost 200 pages with an incredible amount of information and photos!

Inspires me to get the 1981 Puma GTI back on the road....
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

It is a good book with some interesting information. I will thumb through it every now and again to keep me motivated as well. Post some photos of you 81 when you can.
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Petfisheric wrote:
It is a good book with some interesting information. I will thumb through it every now and again to keep me motivated as well. Post some photos of you 81 when you can.

Here are some photos from years ago. Little progress since then...

Need to finish replacing the rotted out passenger window frame with a modified 1968 Porsche 911 brass frame. Now resting on Porsche Phone Dial Rims instead of the 928 S4 alloys.

What Master Cylinder are you running? I need one and am planning on trying a Porsche NA 944.

Cheers
Gruppe B
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

You need a Brasilia master cylinder because the space from the fire wall the were the top hat flares out is shorter than the German pans. You can order it from http://www.vwantigo.net/shop/
They are about the only ones I have found so far in Brazil that you don't need a Brazilian Federal Tax ID to get stuff from. It should work fine with the rear disk because they were set up for type 3 rear breaks which are larger than the type 1 break.
PumaGTe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Link

Teaser video. Hoping to get the car on the road soon. Sorry for the mess in the garage, I need for more space. (Or just spend more time cleaning up 😆)

Just very small blib of the throttle it is very loud in real life and my 2year old son was sleeping nearby.... hope to post more soon. Also check my other Puma videos on my channel.
autobutcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Not much progress bodywise on my Puma as the painter has let me down badly. Turns out he's not really interested. So the car is back in my workshop until I get time to sort another bodyshop out. I have another recommendation but been so busy with work, it's all come to a stop again.
In the meantime I've got a whole bunch of parts I needed thanks to Laurent aka Lolokart which he organised and brought back for me from Brazil. Including a genuine VDO Puma oil temp gauge. Now I just need to find or make a new bezel for the gauge and the dash is complete again. So pleased.

autobutcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

PumaGTe wrote:

Link

Teaser video. Hoping to get the car on the road soon. Sorry for the mess in the garage, I need for more space. (Or just spend more time cleaning up 😆)

Just very small blib of the throttle it is very loud in real life and my 2year old son was sleeping nearby.... hope to post more soon. Also check my other Puma videos on my channel.

Get it ready for the spring and enjoy it. I can't wait till mine is that close to getting on the road. You should take it to the Puma meeting in Germany near Frankfurt in May. If you do, make sure to post some pics on here. I'll be going to Hessisch Oldendorf in June.

Cheers Frank
PumaGTe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Nice shiney looking new parts. Shame the painter is not interested in your car. Bet you'll find a good other paintshop who is willing to make the car as new again.

I'll try to post more pictures more often, now working to fit the door window frame as it should. The garage who worked on the car in then past lost some parts of the electric windows wich are impossible to find.... so now back to manual.....
PumaGTe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Link

A quick walk around and exhaust sound
PumaGTe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Link

A video compilation of the last few years.
dtborders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Old thread, but after 6 years of slow progress I'm finally reassembling the '72 GTE. Hopefully have it back on the road by spring.

Windshield install was not fun, but after 3 attempts I think it is finally seated well.

I'll be updating as I progress.

joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Puma GTe 1600 Reply with quote

Looking good 😉
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: