Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurocampers grey water tank
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Eurocampers grey water tank Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the eurocampers.com 45L grey or fresh water tank installed in a westy?? Thank!
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do.
http://www.prhelp.net/gray-water_tank_install.pdf

I have some too but they look just like theirs. I hung it using strong rubber bungee cords (not the cloth wrapped ones. A couple years later I had to add an extra bungee due to stretch but worked just fine even bouncing around off road a lot.
Dave
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davevickery wrote:
They do.
http://www.prhelp.net/gray-water_tank_install.pdf

I have some too but they look just like theirs. I hung it using strong rubber bungee cords (not the cloth wrapped ones. A couple years later I had to add an extra bungee due to stretch but worked just fine even bouncing around off road a lot.
Dave

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. I just bought their grey water tank and was just trying to get an idea of what others have done.
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought these tanks were out of stock

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
I thought these tanks were out of stock

I got tired of it being out of stock ever time I checked online(literally the last year!) so I called and talked to them. Turns out they had one sitting around the shop left so I bought it. I have friends who want these as well so I inquired on future stock and they said they should get them back in 30-90 days.
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem like a lot of trouble to install. I recall a thread where someone made on from large diameter PVC pipe with end caps. Rather than cutting the factory studs and drilling through the floor to install this one, you could take advantage of the studs that are there to mount your PVC pipe tank. It would look similar to the propane tank and probably take up less space. Something else for me to think about when I am laying awake. Good job snagging this one. Post some pictures when you get it installed.
houndsbourgh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried for some time to get the Euro Campers grey water tank. Finally I came across a post from presslab on the pvc tank and went that way. My tank is mounted in a different location than his. But I was intrested to know if the same mounts would work for the Euro tank. My PVC tank uses the threadded mounts for the middle seat. Most westy's have thease nuts welded under the floor. I used threadded rods and saddle straps I rolled from ss steel. Only hole to drill was for the vent line. I was hoping the notches in the Ero tank would match up with the seat mounts. Please let me know.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Surly 1x8 internal hub (Bad weather transportation)
My lovely wife is not crazy and drives in the winter.
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at eurocampers and noticed that they have the vanagon grey water tanks back in stock if you ware looking.

http://www.eurocampers.com/Vanagon-45L-Grey-or-Fresh-Water-Tank_p_443.html

My Van syncro conversion/restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=535730&highlight=black+diamond
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: grey water install Reply with quote

I mocked up my grey water tank this weekend and took some pictures to show how I did it.

The grey water tank from Eurocampers(sorry about the blurry pic)

The tank does not come with a drain spout installed so I drilled a hole and threaded the nozzle in(with teflon around the threads) I added the inlet out of pvc and added a nipple up high for a breather line. I drilled the hole for the inlet two close to the edge which is why it is facing the wrong way. I will route my flex vinyl to that.

I drilled four holes that I marked with the grey water tank. I circled the holes so they are more visible( She's getting new paint Wolfram grey very soon so I don't mind writing on her)

Our local Home Depot carried all of the hardware bits I needed. I got 3/8 threaded rod(zinc coated), stainless locknuts , stainless washers , rubber washers, and a flat 2" bar of 1/8 aluminum. I attached one of the locknuts to the top of the shredded rod, added a washer, then a rubber washer, and dropped it down one of the holes. The threaded rods were a little long so I removed a couple of inches with a hacksaw.

I cut the 1/8 aluminum bar to slightly larger then the width of the grey water tank. I used a hacksaw to cut it and rounded the corners with a bench grinder to try to make it fit better. I drilled two holes into each piece and then strted test fitting. I wanted the braces to be as tight to the tank as possible so I would bend the aluminum bar using the vice, test fit, bend, test fit, bend, till it was finished.

The support straps after bending.

I had a box of 3M vinyl mastic tape for putting on my syncro stainless fuel tank straps so I stole a little for the inside of the support bars.

A finished shot of the tank hanging

A pic of the finished hardware.

My Van syncro conversion/restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=535730&highlight=black+diamond
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: