Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Will 195 tires rub at Stock Height?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bvd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Will 195 tires rub at Stock Height? Reply with quote

Hey guys, my 74 standard beetle has chrome 5.5" 4 lug (stock looking) mangel rims on it and I am looking to buy new tires. Right now it has:

Rear: 205 60r15
Front: 18565r15

I am thinking about putting 195 65r15 tires on the front, as I read that they are closer to stock height than the 185 65r15 tires, and will therefore fill up some of the space the 185s leave in the wheel wells and allow the speedometer to read more accurately. Will the 195s be too wide and cause rubbing though?
Keeby Swaggz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run 195/65/15s on my '70, stock rims, drop spindles, and they don't rub anywhere... well, correction, I should say RAN, since it's been on jackstands for over a year now lol...

'73 Transporter 1700 "Papa Smurf"
'74 Westy Weekender 1800 out and apart "Great Punkin"
'70 Std. Bug 13B Rotary pending
'72 Karmann Ghia coupe "Cindy Lou Who"
73 KAFER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to run 195-60-15's on 6x15's Intercepters with lowered spindles with no issues, so I see no problems. I know you are running a higher profile tire but if it is not lowered you should be fine and will fill the fender gap like you want.

Mark
#3 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=775620Kafer-Cup vintage road racer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: