Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody located in Fresno, CA?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel6er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Anybody located in Fresno, CA? Reply with quote

I'm going to be driving up to Fresno within the next month or so to take a look at a 1966 Beetle that the owner wants to trade for my 1995 Honda Accord. I am no VW expert by any means and was wondering if there was anyone that would not mind taking a look at it with me and try to help me out? (like on what to look for, what needs to be done to it, ect.) I'll buy lunch? If possible, please PM me. Thanks for your time.
rcs_80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live about an hour north of Fresno but am a new VW owner myself. I just purchased a 66 about a month ago. I followed this inspection list and it helped me out alot. http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Inspection_tips.htm
angel6er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcs_80 wrote:
I live about an hour north of Fresno but am a new VW owner myself. I just purchased a 66 about a month ago. I followed this inspection list and it helped me out alot. http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Inspection_tips.htm

this helps a lot thank you much appreciated!
Mango_64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel6er -

Make sure while you still have time before you trek up to Fresno to have the owner send you a lot of Pix of the car and have him focus on the under belly of the car to make sure no rust anywhere especially where the battery is and heater channles. The link RCS_80 posted is great so make sure you either print that out and take with you or take a mental image of it.
I live and hr north west from Fresno and if you still think you might need someone that know VW's to go with you shoot me a PM and let me know when you plan on coming up.

Mango
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: