Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

San Diego Cruise Night
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FryDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as its not crappy out, I get out of work in time to get my front tires thrown on and I can clean my jalopy up I'll be there..... looks good as of now.
Fry
bluntlunchbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for some cooperation with the local weather man...so far, sunny in the East County. Fingers crossed...
Hansen_Photo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: meeting tonight Reply with quote

Friday, March 16th 6-8pm we meet up at the parking lot across the street from the roller coaster in Mission Beach. At 8pm we leave there and cruise the beach from Mission Beach through Pacific Beach, to La Jolla and maybe beyond.

I had to do a bit of searching to find the original plan so I thought I'd re-post it to make it easier to find. It looks like the weather is cooperating so I should be able to make it. Smile
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der58SC wrote:
OB Bus wrote:
I am probably out...electrical issues are getting worse.

what issues you having?

After a three week battle with the electricals I have turn signals, brake lights, flashers but my highlights are stuck on high beam. Probably need a new turn signal switch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Squashcar67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta just get out of this clown suit into some casual cammies and fill up the tank, ready to kick some tires and meet some Vdubers. Cool I'm pretty sure i am wearing out my front bearing, time to narrow a beam shortly anyways lol

I'll be there pushing thru it -lance
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER SHOULD BE PRETTY NICE!! Cool i will roll in my black 60'
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dubbydubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have fun guys, car still sitting on jacks, pending alot of work.
Bogey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weather dont look to good from Otay Ranch

1968 Type 1 Beetle 1641 m/t conversion with IRS
1965 Type 1 Beetle 1200 Bahama Blue
2008 GTI
2006 Ducati Sport Classic 1000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather is fine, were here!
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hansen_Photo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Had a nice time! Reply with quote

I just wanted to say it was great to spend a couple of hours last night meeting some new VW friends! Even though we didn't cruise, I had fun.

Thanks for making this happen and for turning out last night. Hope to see everyone again soon!
VolksONER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High five Josh! That was a pretty good turn out. I'd be down to do it again, maybe on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
Bogey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice to get out and meet some really nice people.
the downside is my gf wants a Notchback now.
Wink

2008 GTI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluntlunchbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE BEAT THE WEATHER!!
Nice to meet all you guys and hope to do it again soon. Good to see some different types of bug styles. Not sure who owns it but I saw a bug with super wide rims and tires about stock height and a low profile wing. How does it handle?
Also really liked the bus on bags, nice look, makes me wanna get one. Gotta convince the wife Smile
Hope we can all get together again soon.
Bochito007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Awesome turnout! Reply with quote

I showed up with the family! We had a great time, I wish I could had drove my 69 bug but I'm having tranny issues. Maybe next time. Again thanks for showing up and I hope we can do it again real soon.
SDBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turnout was awesome considering the weather! Thanks a lot you guys for coming and hanging out. There were definitely some really cool rides out there. Next time we should actually try to "cruise". Hopefully next time I'll be able to drive my own rig too! Hahah. Maybe we can do it again in a month or two. In the meanwhile, I hope to see some of you out at this:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=502275&highlight=bob+baker
I was there last year and it was really cool! Should be even better this year!
hidalgo79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: new here Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just saying hi. I have been working on my 75 bug. It's nice seeing everyone else who has the same kind of past time as me.
Bogey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard. you should introduce yourself in the late model (68-on) forum with pics of your fat chick. Smile

2008 GTI
Rustforlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visiting San Diego this weekend, Apr 6. Any shows or meets going on?
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustforlife wrote:
Visiting San Diego this weekend, Apr 6. Any shows or meets going on?

April 06, 2012 - Just Cruzin Visitor Appreciation Cruise Night
Ontario, California

April is a special month, so special that we're gonna do somethin very nice for our VW friends. This will be our "Cruise Night Visitor Appreciation Night." April 6th, 2012, we will be doing a FREE RAFFLE!! Anyone who drives a VW to our April Just Cruzin Cruise Night will recieve a FREE raffle ticket and the chance of winning the grand prize of a 2" narrowed, adjustable, link pin beam!!! We wanna see everyone slammed and narrowed so heres your chance to win!. There will be 4 other raffles to be done that night so there will be plenty of winners. Same spot, Burger Town USA in Ontario, off the Archibald Ave exit, north of the I-10. Please leave your drama and attitudes at home and see you at the next one! More info, visit our page at www.facebook.com/justcruzin909 or email at [email protected]
April 06, 2012 - Just Cruzin's Monthly Cruise Night/Meet
Ontario, California

Join us for an awesome good time every first Friday of every month at Burger Town USA 760 N. Archibald Ave in Ontario Ca 91764. Archibald Ave exit from the I-10 fwy, and go north. VW's start showing up around 6:30 pm so join us for some great food, cool cars, music and friendly people. So bring the entire family and your VW and join us! Rain or shine the JC boys will be there. More info, email us at [email protected] or find us on FB! www.facebook.com/justcruzin909 Thanks for your support!
April 06, 2012 - Stadt Der Rosen's Friday Night Club Meeting
Pasadena, California

Stadt Der Rosen is an active VW Klub with over 30 members in the City of Pasadena, CA.

Our Klub Meetings are family friendly so drugs and alcohol are not allowed.

We would like to invite all VW Clubs and enthusiasts to our weekly Friday Night Klub meetings from 7:00 to 9:30 pm at:

The Original Tommy's
170 N Hill Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106

For more info contact us at: (626) 497-4209 or [email protected]

You can check us out and our Klub photo albums at:

www.facebook.com/stadt.der.rosen.vw.klub
April 07, 2012 - Informal Car Meet
Carlsbad, California

Calling all San Diego County (and beyond) VW owners - every Saturday morning you can find an informal car show at the South end parking lot of the Carlsbad Outlet Mall next to the Starbuck's. Come on out and bring your VW for an impromptu cars show. Cars start showing up around 7:00 AM, it only goes for a couple hours and most cars clear out by 9:00 or 10:00. It's a great way to see some unique cars, meet some nice people, drink some coffee and then be on your way. This would be a great opportunity for the early VW folks to get out and show off our cars as there doesn’t seem to be very many events happening in San Diego County. Let’s have some fun with our cars. If you want to email me, feel free to do so at [email protected].
April 07, 2012 - Volker Rader V-Dub Klub Weekly Meet
Oceanside, California

Volker Rader V-Dub Klub is North San Diego's Premier VW Club. We meet every Saturday night in the parking lot between In-N-Out & 24 Hr. Fitness. Meet time is 7:30 until ???, and if the vibe leads us we will cruise out around 9 and head to the Oceanside Pier area to end the meet. We are a family oriented club, so feel free to bring the kids. Our club is a no membership, no games, no worries club. We would love to have you join us for our weekly hangout.
4605 Fazee Rd. Oceanside, CA. 92058
April 08, 2012 - Cali volks
La puente, California

Cali Volks meets will now be hosted at the doubles on hacienda and Glendale in la puente...
Our club is no dues no drama just come out and chill. We welcome all air-cooled volkswagons. Meets are 2nd and 4th sundays of the month and start at 7pm. Looking to join our club just ask and we will talk. Any other questions just call or text (626)678-3035 ask for Emanuel. Thanks and hope to see you soon.
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

blakiexcharles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just introducin myself.. I've been living in a condo near mission trails for the past 5 monthes.. my family is moving down here with me in may and with the family comes a garage! with that comes.. my bug! Very Happy can't wait to drive it again, and meet with you guys. As of right now, we're looking at a place in San Marcos.
facebook : www.facebook.com/blake.fogt
[quote="Skim"]Damn, thats crazy. You exist because of V-dubs. Thats the shit Cool[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: