Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Snorkelstang
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 144, 145, 146  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thing get crushed for scrap value yet?
Glenn73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is too environmentally damaging to crush. Think of how much Bondo will get in the air.

VW Transporter production film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rceTqDtGgz8
Jon65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to get a rocket and send it hurtling into deep space if you want to get rid of it.

But it will probably find it's way back...
cseay1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EPA in conjunction with NASA and the DoD has assembled a Snorkelstang Armageddon Disposal Tactical Intercept Team Specialized (SADTITS) .. they have put together the only guys who could possibly pull this off.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, this thread should be locked until there is some serious progress with this car, and by that I mean, the car was sold to someone that at the very least is going to make it a driver, or the present owners bring it back from the state of disrepair that it has fallen into.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
Seriously, this thread should be locked until there is some serious progress with this car, and by that I mean, the car was sold to someone that at the very least is going to make it a driver, or the present owners bring it back from the state of disrepair that it has fallen into.

OldBug got his money's worth out of whoring it around... I suspect it's gone back into hiding indefinitely. lol Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I bought a shirt for that?
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You weren't the only one... Rolling Eyes

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Jon65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you can all officially say that you've "been there, done that, got the t-shirt for it." Laughing
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you know, man, a lot of people were being negative about the whole thing, but it was just all about having fun and a few laughs, and lining certain peoples' pockets with cash as it's the American way, you know? No harm, no foul, people paid money and got a stylin' geeky shirt to be part of a short-lived fad. Everybody needs to belong, you know? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there have been no recent sightings reported, is it safe to say that it has finally been buried in a nuculear waste dump?
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmdls wrote:
Since there have been no recent sightings reported, is it safe to say that it has finally been buried in a nuculear waste dump?

No

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmdls wrote:

I don't think any respectable nuclear waste dump would accept it...

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
webberjames95
Snorkelstang Finder

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still in old bugs garage.... He has agreed to not post anything until something is done

1984 Vanagon:
Berty the Vanagon

1973 Bus
Amber the Bus Sold

INSTAGRAM @jwebber95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
amrcnbadaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting to buy it back! lol
veedubman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webberjames95 wrote:
It's still in old bugs garage.... He has agreed to not post anything until something is done

and what would that take? alien intervention? What was the point of going through all that effort to drag it out of Alabama to CA? I guess just to parade it around and capitalize on a brief popularity, then garage it to let it sit for the next couple of decades to rot some more "until something is done".

A rebuild thread would be fun to watch. There are plenty of people blowing thousands of dollars on hacking up some poor bug to make a volksrod. Why not give it to someone like that who would be willing to put some time and effort to rebuild this "King of Abortions"? F'ing thing is almost historic at this point. Not in a good way mind you, but historic nonetheless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veedubman72 wrote:
webberjames95 wrote:

and what would that take? alien intervention? What was the point of going through all that effort to drag it out of Alabama to CA? I guess just to parade it around and capitalize on a brief popularity, then garage it to let it sit for the next couple of decades to rot some more "until something is done".

A rebuild thread would be fun to watch. There are plenty of people blowing thousands of dollars on hacking up some poor bug to make a volksrod. Why not give it to someone like that who would be willing to put some time and effort to rebuild this "King of Abortions"? F'ing thing is almost historic at this point. Not in a good way mind you, but historic nonetheless.

I hate to admit it, but I'm agreement with you on it being historical. Heck, with some of the various courses that are offered at Universities today, you could almost teach a University course on the cult of Snorklestang.
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anyone made any real money on this thing. The goal was to get it to the freak show at the classic which is what they did.

Besides, the pictures of UZI pleasuring snorkie were worth it. I just hope no children witnessed it from a passing vehicle on the highway...

They are probably saving up for about 10 of these before they can move forward.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veedubman72 wrote:
webberjames95 wrote:

Really? You don't know what the point of it was? Dude, the man has a BUSINESS, and he regularly promotes his business utilizing the 'Freak Show' gatherings at the Classic. It was totally an advertising mechanism, a complete self-serving endeavor that catered to online fanboys desperate to "be a part of something." That's what it was, in a nutshell.

I'm sure the thing will resurface when a new advertising campaign comes along for OldBug.com.
veedubman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:

Really? You don't know what the point of it was? Dude, the man has a BUSINESS, and he regularly promotes his business utilizing the 'Freak Show' gatherings at the Classic. It was totally an advertising mechanism, a complete self-serving endeavor that catered to online fanboys desperate to "be a part of something." That's what it was, in a nutshell.

I'm sure the thing will resurface when a new advertising campaign comes along for OldBug.com.

I knew what the point was. I guess my sarcasm was missed. My point was either do something with it or give it to someone else to so something with it. Garaging and doing nothing it is pointless because if he brings it out without having made some progress, everyone will know it will be just to whore it out. Either give that old whore a facelift before you put that bitch back out on the street to work or let someone else pimp it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 144, 145, 146  Next
Jump to:
Page 141 of 146

Jump to: