Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.... So happy to be putting out this notice.... I'm so done with the winter I just want to get out and ride Smile

Our First Cruise of the season will be our 3rd annual Meet & Greet Cruise to be held on SATURDAY April 26. We will meet at 207 River St. Winchendon MA at 11:30 and pull out at 12noon for a cruise up around Mt. Monadnock and then over to Kimball Farm in Jaffrey, NH for lunch.

I will be putting together our calendar of events for 2014 soon. So excited to see everyone...

[email protected]

'53 Kellison Sandpiper Pick Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... we were on page 3... thats a first... I'm slacking LOL Smile

Hi everyone. Been a busy pre spring season for me so apologies for not posting sooner. As you know our first cruise of the season The Meet & Greet Cruise will be Sat April 26. We will meet at 207 River st Winchendon MA around 11:30 and we pull out at noon heading up around mt monadnock then over to kimball farm in Jaffrey NH for lunch. Also.... On Sunday May 4 the 18th annual multiclub Spring Dust Off will be held at Fort Foster Park Kittery ME park admission is $10.00 per car and hot dogs and hamburgers provided any food donations are welcome. I will get specifics on what time we plan on leaving

[email protected]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone… Hoping the weather gods will look down on us for Sat Cruise… I will keep an eye on it and make a decision by Friday. As promised I finally had some time to put a list together of some upcoming shows so here is what I have so far:

Sat April 26- Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England present their 3rd Annual Meet & Greet Cruise – Meet 207 River St, Winchendon MA 11:30 for a cruise up around Mt. Monadnock then over to Kimball Farm in Jaffrey NH for lunch.

Sun April 27 – CVA’s Spring Dust off

Sunday May 4th – Granite State AirCooled will have a Pancake breakfast before heading up over to The Bug Club’s Dust Off. ACCCNE Members will Meet at 207 River St Winchendon MA for 7:30AM we will meet up with the Bug Club Members at McDonalds in Epping NH and then head over to the park in Kittery.

Sat May 17th Bay State VW Dust off in Dedham MA

Sun May 18 – Winchendon 250th Celebration All makes Classic Car and Motocycle Show I am the promoter of this show and if you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will post more about this show as we get closer.

Sun May 18- CVA Swapmeet

AS ALWAYS…. If I have missed anything it was not intentional… please send me information on your show or gathering and I will post as they come in…

WOOHOOO cruising season is here… !!!! Let’s RIDE!!!!

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my friends… looks like mother nature is not going to cooperate this weekend so I will be cancelling the 3rd Annual Meet & Greet Cruise. Next up will be the trip up to Kittery ME on May 4th. (next Sunday). We will meet at 207 River St. Winchendon MA at 7:30am for a 7:45am departure. We will head up to McDonald’s in Epping NH and meet up with The Bug Club for 9:30 and cruise on up to Kittery to Fort Foster Park. Cost is 10.00 to enter the park. Hot dogs and Hamburgers will be supplied and feel free to bring along something if you would like. Granite State Air-Cooled will be providing a pancake breakfast prior to their meet up at the park. If you would like info on this please message me and I can pass on a count for them.

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all... included in the "May" events will be the Up in Smoke BBQ Festival in Keene NH on May 31. I will post details about this as it approaches... it was a good turn out last year and some yummy food Smile

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Official.... John's Air-Cooled Auto has outgrown it's 2nd location thanks to all of you our customers and also to the pride John takes in working on nothing but Air-Cooled. We never thought the business would take off quite as good as it has and we are just so excited. Our new location is directly across the street from our current location. Our new address is John's Air-Cooled Auto, 202 School St, Winchendon MA 01475. Stop in and see us sometime.... once we are all settled in with our new permits, sign, organizing inside, etc plan on seeing a grand opening soon.... as this will be our final destination there is great potential at this place it was the old Lang's Model T Parts very popular across the country. Big thank you to Don Lang for all the help and guidance during this move.

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are again, 2nd wkend in a row that Mother Nature is deciding my course.... Sunday there is predicted hail storms.... I do not want to get caught up in this.... so I will be again cancelling the trip on Sunday. the Bug Club is continuing with their plans so if you would like to continue up to the park you can meet up with everyone at the McDonald's in Epping (rte 125) for 9:30am or meet up with them at the Park. Very discouraged about the weather and hoping to get out soon... Next up for ACCCNE is the All Makes Car Show that I am putting on Sunday May 18th 11-4pm Central St Winchendon MA at the YMCA. If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask i will post again about it next week.

[email protected]

Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cruised up to Ft Foster in my 64 vert. Weather was mostly super! Lots of wind though, good turnout of vw's.

Good showing when I rolled in.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Great food and bright red hot dogs on the grill.

I wasn't the only one from Mass.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone... How fast the time is going... Where is our nice cruising weather? On a good note... next weekends weather is looking FABULOUS for the Winchendon 250th Classic Car & Motorcycle Show. This is an all makes show that I am putting on as part of our towns 250th celebration and I would love to have you all join us. Entry fee is $5.00 per vehicle. All vehicles must be 25 yrs or older to enter (1989 & Older). Categories for calls will be both domestic & foreign (for my VW friends) and then further broken down by decades Pre 1950, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 & 80-89. Motorcycles will be broken down into 3, Custom, Non Custom & Oldest. This event will be held on Sunday May 18 at the YMCA / Clark Memorial on Central St, Winchendon MA. It will run 11-4pm. Kiwanis will be set up selling hot dogs, hamburgers & fries and I also have a vendor selling popcorn, cotton candy and fudge. All proceeds from this show will be going to the Winchendon Little League. I hope to see you all there. ALSO... I'm looking for volunteers to help me out during the show... if interested please contact me... Thank you and hope to see a take over of VW's for this All Makes Show Cool

[email protected]

EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am obligated to help my sister move on Saturday so I am going to miss the BSVWOC dust-off. I am going to try to check out the Winchendon 250th event on Sunday.

Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Lucas... Can't wait to see you again.... FYI.... The Show WILL go on.... I was a bit hesitant about the weather but it looks like it will clear up nicely... So.... Sunday May 18 11-4 YMCA/Clark Memorial Field on Central St Winchendon I am putting on an All Makes Classic Car & Motorcycle show to help celebrate our town's 250th Celebration... $5.00 to enter all cars must be 25yrs or older Lot's of trophies to be awarded.... I put a little spin on the categories breaking them into both domestic and Foreign (I am a VW girl Laughing ) and then further broken down by decades Motorcycles will be both custom and non custom... I hope to see you all there...

[email protected]

EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,
sorry I couldn't make it today- I am really bummed. Got back late from moving my sister only to find 5 yards of bark mulch blocking the garage door.

Guess my wife was sending me a subtle hint Smile

Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite alright Lucas.... There was a LOT of things going on yesterday including several other different car shows.... BUT... Im pleased to announce that we had a total of 61 vehicles register ... So thankful to all my VW friends who did show I haven't counted yet but we may have out did the domestic cars by a couple... I will have to count that... and that was what I was hoping for... even if we didn't i'm still so happy that we had a HUGE VW showing at this all makes club.... so thank you to everyone... NEXT UP: the 3rd ANNUAL Covered Bridge Cruise on Sunday June 8. I will post more about this this week... got so tied up with the car show just haven't had time to post so watch for the info this week Smile

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up for us will be the All Makes Car Show at the Up In Smoke BBQ Festival on Saturday May 31 at the Cheshire Fairgrounds. We went last year and had a good time and of course the food was amazing.... If you would like to ride up with us we are Meeting at our NEW Meeting Location: John's Air-Cooled 202 School St, Winchendon MA at 10:00 and pulling out at 10:30. Show is from 11-2.

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALSO:

Our 3rd Annual Covered Bridge Cruise, which is our most popular, will be held on Sunday June 8, 2014. We will meet at John's Air-Cooled 202 School St. Winchendon MA for 11am. We will pull out at Noon and head up to Swanzey NH area and take a tour of 6 Covered Bridges. We will plan a stop at each bridge for pictures. If you have any questions or concerns Please contact Club Coordinator Deb Adams via reply on here. You can also find us on Facebook or via email at [email protected].

[email protected]

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June Shows:

Sat June 7: Cardone & Daughter VW Day Westbrook Ct
Sun June 8: Air-Cooled Cruisers 3rd Annual Covered Bridge Cruise – Meet at 202 School St Winchendon Ma at 11am. We pull out at NOON. Visiting 6 different covered bridges in the Swanzy NH area.
Sun June 8: Nantasket Beach Car Show
Sun June 15: Litchfield Bug-In

Cruise In’s have started all around… Locally we have
Sundays: Orange Elks w/chicken BBQ
Wed: Kimball Farms Jaffrey NH
Thurs: King Phillip
Fri: PACC and also Kimball Farms in Lancaster MA
I’m sure there are others around that I am not familiar with if so please let me know so I can make others aware also… Thanks… As always… if I have left anything out it is not intentional please shoot me an quick PM, IM, Text or email and I will be glad to put it on the list… Thanks so much
Happy VW’ing

[email protected]

Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun June 1: Main St. on Marlboro all Makes car show. 9-2pm. www.marlborocarshow.com
I'm planning to be there and usually a few other VWs show up too.

From 2011 marlboro show

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldVolks67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on showing up to the Marlboro show. This will be the first outing with this Bus...

Anyone want to cruise in to the show and possibly park some Dubs together?
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldVolks67 wrote:
I'm planning on showing up to the Marlboro show. This w
Anyone want to cruise in to the show and possibly park some Dubs together?

I'd be happy to meet up and park together. My cell # is in my shop ad, link below. -Stan

Update: OldVolks67 (Brad) and I are meeting at Starbucks, 23 South Bolton St., Marlborough, MA 01752, at 8am tomorrow. Show opens at 9am, join us if you want to park together at the show and we'll drive in as a group. I'll be in my white 65 panel bus. Brad has a 67 white deluxe hardtop.

www.stanagon.com

OldVolks67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Marlboro all makes show was a big bit with me and my boy! Reply with quote

Is was good meeting up with you Stan and parking two split screens together.
We had a great day! Very Happy

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 21

Jump to: