Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bummed out by the samba
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tschroeder0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: bummed out by the samba Reply with quote

so, I really don't get it.
It seems that about every other time I log on lately there is another locked thread or I am reading one that I know is going to be locked very soon (it happened again last night) or the moderator is telling people to keep it clean or else...

I have learned an incredible amount from this forum over the last many years from many, many people here and can not say enough about how wonderful some have been to me and how it has added to my life, but seriously what is up lately with some of the things said in the postings? If it isn't political thoughts thrown in it's religous junk and/or just plain mean talk that seems to be really trying to make someone feel bad...really?

I understand very well that sometimes we all want to make our point known, but with very few exceptions those points are opinions, meaning yours is no better than mine.
In the case of some of those who work on these vans full time (we know who they are) having to get heavy handed(worded) with those who truly don't know what they are talking about I understand too...but at those times I usually learn something. If nothing else, how little I know.

Here is the way I see it, if I were to come across any of you broken down anywhere at anytime, I'm stopping and helping, I don't care what your religion, political view, sexual orientation, job or color is, I don"t care if you carry a gun or a bong! That's what is so cool about this whole thing. And, I will gaurantee that we won't be fighting on the side of the road about something dumb, there will be smiles because we know what it is we have in common.
There are sooo many stupid things out there to be irked or downright pissed off about on a daily basis, this should not be one of them, and to have to have a moderator jump in and shut down a post like he's jumping in between two little kids is silly and sad to me.

Yeah, I know this is both a rant and maybe even sounding like a little cry baby, but isn't this supposed to be something that's fun? If it's not then I truly don't get the point.
Thanks.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

care to post some links to examples?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on this site since 2002 and it used to be a lot worse. In recent years the moderators have moved much more quickly to delete offensive posts and lock threads that degenerate into name calling and worse. They work hard to keep this a fun place.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
doc1369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is your not on the side of the road, your on the internet. People find it easier to slip into negative behavior when there is little to no repercussion. I'm not a facebook or twitter kind of guy but do frequent this and another forum. The Samba it a thing of beauty.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the ongoing risk of getting insulting, snarky, harrassed by at least one of 7 regular Samba Jerks in here, I Applause this thread. Everyone is created equal in here and that equality is based on opinions. I make a real effort of not demeaning anyone, perhaps that's because my soul is about caring and helping people. Samba has been spoiled for me and I just don't have the enjoyment level anymore BUT I do own and take care of my elderly Vanagon so I do belong here. Yes and one of those 7 JERKS is a moderator, most are very long time members. By the way "JERKS" is a word supplied to me by one of Advertisers of this site.

You say that Samba is better than it was but that doesn't mean its good. Bullying online is the same as bullying in real time. You may think it's about how thick or thin one's skin is but it's not! I am one of the strongest people around for others but I do have a chink and can be hurt. I now only come into Samba to answer PM's and frequently I just lurk now. I'm tired of it and I think the time is coming when attacks on people for whatever reason or simply for horseplay will have ramifications for the abuser and the site owners.

You 7 JERKS can not hurt me anymore than you have, so have a go at me if you wish, if it makes you feel more like men (or women) >>>> it's a reflection back on yourself for making hurtful, mean, viscious comments which are NEVER justified.

Personally I'd like to see everyone pull their socks up but I know that's not going to happen. So know that your posts are forever and that they are a reflection of your true, true self.

Have a good day
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
19super73
Hardcore Stock Nazi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally threads get deleted mainly due to them being constant reposts of topics that have been discussed to death and the OP didn't bother to do a search before starting another thread. It's easy to do a search and I am puzzled by the increasing number of Samba users who either ignore how the the site works or are just too lazy to do a little typing and mouse clicking.

When I first started here I took the time to read the stickies, did some searches on things I was either interested in learning or was having issues with.
1973 Super Beetle
1973 Westfalia [url=https://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-31892.png]Click to view image[/URL]
1974 412 Variant
1975 La Grande Bug
1984 Vanagon
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAIZEE wrote:
At the ongoing risk of getting insulting, snarky, harrassed by at least one of 7 regular Samba Jerks in here, I Applause this thread. Everyone is created equal in here and that equality is based on opinions. I make a real effort of not demeaning anyone, perhaps that's because my soul is about caring and helping people. Samba has been spoiled for me and I just don't have the enjoyment level anymore BUT I do own and take care of my elderly Vanagon so I do belong here. Yes and one of those 7 JERKS is a moderator, most are very long time members. By the way "JERKS" is a word supplied to me by one of Advertisers of this site.

You say that Samba is better than it was but that doesn't mean its good. Bullying online is the same as bullying in real time. You may think it's about how thick or thin one's skin is but it's not! I am one of the strongest people around for others but I do have a chink and can be hurt. I now only come into Samba to answer PM's and frequently I just lurk now. I'm tired of it and I think the time is coming when attacks on people for whatever reason or simply for horseplay will have ramifications for the abuser and the site owners.

You 7 JERKS can not hurt me anymore than you have, so have a go at me if you wish, if it makes you feel more like men (or women) >>>> it's a reflection back on yourself for making hurtful, mean, viscious comments which are NEVER justified.

Personally I'd like to see everyone pull their socks up but I know that's not going to happen. So know that your posts are forever and that they are a reflection of your true, true self.

Have a good day
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ... I needed a good laugh. I think if ANY of you are "bummed out" by the Samba, You might see if any other websites are out there... perhaps more to your liking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here we go:
DAIZEE wrote:
At the ongoing risk of getting insulting, snarky, harrassed by at least one of 7 regular Samba Jerks in here, I Applause this thread.

you've brought every bit of this on yourself - you've been asked on many occasions to alter your behavior on this site and you've refused, so take your lumps if you ask for them...
DAIZEE wrote:
Everyone is created equal in here and that equality is based on opinions. I make a real effort of not demeaning anyone, perhaps that's because my soul is about caring and helping people. Samba has been spoiled for me and I just don't have the enjoyment level anymore BUT I do own and take care of my elderly Vanagon so I do belong here. Yes and one of those 7 JERKS is a moderator, most are very long time members. By the way "JERKS" is a word supplied to me by one of Advertisers of this site.

it's a shame that you have now resorted to name-calling - one of the very things you have taken people to task for in the past...

DAIZEE wrote:

you really should get a clue - the definition of 'bully' and your definition are an ocean apart... and threatening the 'owner' of the Samba won't get you anywhere....

DAIZEE wrote:

more name-calling - your bullying is being tracked and can be verified at this point...

DAIZEE wrote:

Have a good day

thanks for the life-lesson here... it's a shame that your post really didn't add anything to the thread, other than to keep up the hope that someday you will really stop posting drivel and keep to the point of the thread... but that's really not you... right?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in direct response to the OP's thread theme

and they come out of their holes.

I have NEVER been asked to alter my behavior nor attitude in here other than to be told by soooo many to just ignore the Magnificant Seven! Not when you bring the fight into my court with slurs about me..

You want me out, then you hand over$20,000.00 (yeh I'll take devalued American bucks). I will so gladly go but not before I'm ready, not on your life expectancy.

Guess your minds, nor your hearts are not big enough to just ignore me and I don't mean the silly use of some control when you know you are going to look at whatever I post. Come on, be men and admit it!

I have mega concerns that you are saying things that were private (via email) conversations with Everettb. Your words infer that he shared private conversations with at least SOME of the Magnificant Seven. I sure hope that is not the case!, personally I have a stronger expression about you 7 but I won't publish.

SOLUTION: IGNORE ME and I'll make it mutual without having to use a silly button.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the hook is swallowed....

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHA you think you are baiting me. NOT the case. I will respond when I feel like it, no hook, no line, no sinker! What would you do without your toy to play with. I laugh at you and in your face. I'm thinking you guys have never faced up to any woman but you see I am a Homo Sapien who just happens to be female but I try to be gender neutral in my inter reactions with people.

I just love feeding you guys worms, LOVE IT!
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i included in this special "7 JERKS" group?
if i am, do i get any kind of membership perks? special decals, t-shirts, membership card? perhaps a bedazzled denim jacket?
if not, can you kick someone out so i can join?
please let me know so i know where i stand.
thank you.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this in the rules says it all
Quote:
If you don't like a particular forum, find another or create your own. By using this forum you agree to hold thesamba.com blameless and without responsibility for any trauma experienced here. TheSamba.com reserves the right to update these rules without notice.

good luck with the "I'm telling the internet on you"
Boo hoo!

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one") is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because he or she was unaware of its content.

European law countries with a tradition of Roman law may also use the expression nemo censetur ignorare legem: nobody is thought to be ignorant of the law.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.

Last edited by Foxx on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the heck are you guys getting this shit from? Everettb? me holding this site responsible? I know for a fact that none of the Magnificant 7 have the brains to come up with this. So sounds like Everettb might be sharing info with you but I've certainly never threatened him but gosh may be a good thing to look into NOT. Crawl back under your rocks, AND stop looking at yourselves in the mirror.

Duplicity: The OP starts a thread on a specific subject and that's okay but when I add to his thread, suddenly it's not okay for me and the remarks/attack begin!. You guys are so flimsy
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAIZEE wrote:
AHA you think you are baiting me. NOT the case. I will respond when I feel like it, no hook, no line, no sinker! What would you do without your toy to play with. I laugh at you and in your face. I'm thinking you guys have never faced up to any woman but you see I am a Homo Sapien who just happens to be female but I try to be gender neutral in my inter reactions with people.

I just love feeding you guys worms, LOVE IT!

Well that's just mean. Geez. I'm away from this site for a while, and THIS is what it has become? Gender-baiting? In this day and age? Really? Things were a lot more civil back in 2003. I'm sorry, but I just can't condone this sort of thing. I'll check back in another couple of years and see if maybe people can't learn to be more civil.

And you, young lady, ought to be ashamed of yourself, acting this way in public.

gostros
Mr. Obvious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody lock this thread already.
DakDak67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And speaking of locking threads, I think this one has made its point.. boring.... would somebody please call the WAAAAMBULANCE!!
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAIZEE wrote:
Where the heck are you guys getting this shit from? Everettb? me holding this site responsible?

oh please, like we don't keep copys of all your stupid baglady crap...

even when quoted, you forget all the stupid crap you have said..

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please let me know my status.

i am thinking something like this would be nifty!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

gostros
Mr. Obvious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
please let me know my status.

i am thinking something like this would be nifty!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That jacket would really make your eyes dance.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: