Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Greater Seattle Bus Gathering?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Brian's bug is making him a maybe so I'll keep it up to date but let's put a tentative on this one...Sad

After 545 traffics usually clear all the way through. 2-530 sucks though

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

bug rode for 400 miles at 274* with 20w-50 after a generator bearing went out. So, yea.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
bug rode for 400 miles at 274* with 20w-50 after a generator bearing went out. So, yea.

Oh dear god! That puts you in Modesto/Stockton territory. Don't get out of the car! But if you need to find a place to sleep. There's plenty of motels that rent by the hour. Some motels call them "Truckers Rates". Who knows if you are lucky, might be a cute gal walking around that would love some company Shocked

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I'm fine with that Wink

Yea, my thing was that I knew something was wrong but if I pulled over it would get worse. So I just kept on driving, and driving, and driving, and driving, and about 3 hours later I ended up where I'm at ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

T1 engines just wanna keep going I guess.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
I'm fine with that Wink

Yea, my thing was that I knew something was wrong but if I pulled over it would get worse. So I just kept on driving, and driving, and driving, and driving, and about 3 hours later I ended up where I'm at ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

T1 engines just wanna keep going I guess.

Nice! That's the proper attitude. I was just busting balls on the 209. Be well. Look me up in PDX if you make it that far. Working on buses with a bro on Thursday.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I might make it up there. Going to bus city camp out on Friday. Gotta make a 70 stable to get from Vacaville to Guerneville and back tho.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
I might make it up there. Going to bus city camp out on Friday. Gotta make a 70 stable to get from Vacaville to Guerneville and back tho.

Just remember:

"T1 engines just wanna keep going I guess."
- Aristotle, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Laughing

Aristotle Jones who give out free advice at Hermosa Beach Laughing

Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

What's the word Brian? Still coming up to PNW or are you "Stuck in Lodi Again"
Dancing

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Getting a haircut, doing an oil change to lighter oil weight and then rolling north if all goes well Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Welp, sorry guys next time. I managed to get to Arcata and had to head back down to Vacaville. Don't worry, I enjoyed my time Wink

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Hey Seattle-area buddies, I may need a little help on a couple of things...

First, I may not be able to make my 16 July appointment with Colin due to work sending me on a flight test trip. My travel dates are not yet final which is giving me hope, but I spoke with Colin and he's okay with someone in the area taking up my spot with my deposit applied to that person's Itinerant Day. At this point in time, I'm only looking for a backup as I don't want to forfeit the $250 deposit I put down a couple months ago. So if you're interested, available on 16 July, and have $250 to put towards your bus and a day of education at that time, PM me and I'll help you get setup with Colin as my backup. The drop-dead date is 30 June.

Second, I have a line on an abandoned bus which appears to be in pretty good condition. I'm going to take a look at it this Sunday and decide for sure whether or not to get it. If so, I'll rent a flat bed trailer to haul it back to my place. Towards that end, my dad has a 2005 Dodge Dakota I could use in a pinch to haul the bus, but it's on the low side for towing capacity. Does anyone have a proper truck they'd be willing to loan me for a day? I'd probably pick it up the bus on Memorial Day. PM me if you think you can help.

Thanks!

Andrew

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

RONIN10 wrote:

First, I may not be able to make my 16 July appointment with Colin due to work sending me on a flight test trip. My travel dates are not yet final which is giving me hope, but I spoke with Colin and he's okay with someone in the area taking up my spot with my deposit applied to that person's Itinerant Day. At this point in time, I'm only looking for a backup as I don't want to forfeit the $250 deposit I put down a couple months ago. So if you're interested, available on 16 July, and have $250 to put towards your bus and a day of education at that time, PM me and I'll help you get setup with Colin as my backup. The drop-dead date is 30 June.

Second, I have a line on an abandoned bus which appears to be in pretty good condition. I'm going to take a look at it this Sunday and decide for sure whether or not to get it. If so, I'll rent a flat bed trailer to haul it back to my place. Towards that end, my dad has a 2005 Dodge Dakota I could use in a pinch to haul the bus, but it's on the low side for towing capacity. Does anyone have a proper truck they'd be willing to loan me for a day? I'd probably pick it up the bus on Memorial Day. PM me if you think you can help.

Thanks!

Andrew

So whats going on with this?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
RONIN10 wrote:

Thanks!

Andrew

So whats going on with this?

It still a bit ambiguous. I'm trying to decide whether or not to gamble and hold my appointment. Rght now, I'm scheduled to leave town and return on the 15th, but the success of our testing is totally weather dependent so I won't really know until I'm there, hence the decision to gamble or not.

UpSimba already has an appointment with Colin, but it's down in the Portland area. He would like to move his appointment to mine if I don't use the slot, but it all comes down to me deciding to try and make the slot. There's lots of changes in my little bus world over the last month so I'm inclined to keep it...I could really use his help.

Also, as one of these recent developments, I had a nice 1976 Sage Green Westy practically fall into my lap in the last 48 hours so I'm in the position of selling Greta, my 1976 Chrome Yellow Westy. If anyone knows an interested party, please pass them my way. No pics for another week or so, but they will be coming.

Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I vote sell the one you pulled from the weeds, and keep both westys

206-841-7324
[email protected]
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
I vote sell the one you pulled from the weeds, and keep both westys

Lol. I don't think I need more than one Westy. That and I'm already testing the wife's patience. The 79 Transporter will go on the block in due time. Much to be done with it before hand though.

driverinmyhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I will take that slot if you can't make it! I live in the Seattle area (Eastside)....

1978 Champagne West.

Thanks!
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Turns out my schedule opened up enough to where I can make it now. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

So the party is on at your house on July 16th now?
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

That and Robbie's coming through soon too.

Also thinking Berliner since I live in Renton now.

Robbie what do you think?

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Jump to:
Page 57 of 74

Jump to: