Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Greater Seattle Bus Gathering?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

on your ass Wink

My apartment isn't gonna be designed for hanging out. That's why I moved so close to you Jason, to come over to your place to party Wink

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Upsimba79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Stuart wanted to come over to help with the bus resto. I have a feeling he just needed an excuse to warm up his car for a good nap and heat up a couple burritos.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

driverinmyhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Ronin10:

No problem on the appointment. Never met with the guy, so don't know what I'm missing?!

Took the Champagne out last weekend for the Northwest Historics.

Would still like to meet the bus guru someday...
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: GSBG: The Amskeptic Edition Reply with quote

So Colin comes to my house a week from this Saturday on the 16th, the same day as the Vintage VW Show in Shoreline. Despite that poor alignment of stars, we're soldiering on with the IAC day and the GSBG get together in the evening.

Keep in mind, that I have a 720 sq ft house with a two car detached garage, I own two buses, and Colin's bus will be here as well. Just between him and I, it'll look very much like this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As such, if the group of folks coming are too many (like anything more than 10), we'll just go to the Flying Squirrel Pizza place about 1/2 mile from my house.

Long story short, here's the plan: I'm paying for Colin to help me on my bus(es) and while I'd be happy to see you all throughout the day, I want to actually get something done and not be derailed constantly with social visits. The IAC day will typically run from 9am to 5pm-ish, maybe a bit later if needs dictate. If anyone wants to come and see an Itinerant Air-Cooled day in action, you're welcome to stop by at any time, but be warned that Colin will very likely put a tool in your hand and assign you something to do on my bus, deferring non-technical discussion of the issue at hand to later in the eveing. If you want to prod Colin's brain about how the IAC process works, socialize, drink beer, gawk at buses, i.e. do the usual GSBG thing, it's best to come after the IAC work day has ended.

So here's what I need from everyone to get this think properly mapped out. If you are to coming to the GSBG: Amskeptic Edition, send me a PM with your e-mail address by the end of the day on Sunday the 10th and be prepared to be assigned food and drink to bring if the group is small enough. I'll put together a menu or sorts and divvy it up to try and keeps costs balanced. We'll aim for the GSBG portion of the day to start at 6:00 - 6:30 pm.

I'll put out another update here on Monday, the 11th, but other than that, any further coordination will be done by e-mail.

Please return to your regularly scheduled hassling of Stu.

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Did I come across as an asshat in my last post or something? I'm sorry if I did.

After all the interest in meeting up with Amskeptic when I mentioned it a couple months back, I haven't heard from anyone that is for sure coming to the evening drinks/pizza/etc. with Colin on Saturday night, the 16th. I'm feeling a little embarrassed to tell Colin that no one is coming. So please let me know if you're interested in meeting up as soon as possible. I'd really rather not cancel this unless it's really, really necessary.

Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I would have come but I'm in Portland all weekend Wink

Asshat.

Laughing

Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
I would have come but I'm in Portland all weekend Wink

Asshat.

Laughing

Wink

Stu's staying the weekend at my house. I'm coming up to your house Wink
Laughing just kidding Stu, you know I work Sat.
Then the the next week on Tuesday Colin is at my house working with Upsimba79. The following Thursday Colin is helping me at Vistacruzers house
Think

And one of these days dabble and I will have the first Greater Olympia Bus Gatherings. Twisted Evil probably two buses.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Have beer... Have bus.... Have tools.... Have no time!

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Robbie you should have left sooner. Wink

Xevin, I'm in for an Olympian bus gather Wink

Upsimba has a crap ton of work left to do, I bet he could use a hand from anyone in the area to put stuff carefully back together in time. I would have helped more if I could too....

206-841-7324
[email protected]
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

My moms just came into town last night. If Im lucky to pull away from the house it will be to hit up the show for sure. She may want to come, see a bunch of VWs, lunch and what not. I need to find a couple tools for my Hazet box.

Besides why would I want to hang out with an asshat. Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I showed up in my 70 Ghia to find Andrew and Colin trying to start the 78 kombi which did start on three. Took a while to sort it out but it ran pretty good after timing, sparkplug replacement and idle adjustment. The lifters were slowly pumping up but it was still really loud.
Colin's Westy had a dead sparkplug wire too and that took a few minutes of head scratching as his "new" wire was bad too!
I got to see Andrew's new 77 Sage Green Westy which was quite nice and nearly complete but I didn't see it run. Does it?

I let Colin take a spin in the Ghia with the top down around the neighborhood. Took him awhile to get back so he must have enjoyed the fun in the sun wind blowing in his hair Wink
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Bleyseng wrote:
I showed up in my 70 Ghia to find Andrew and Colin trying to start the 78 kombi which did start on three. Took a while to sort it out but it ran pretty good after timing, sparkplug replacement and idle adjustment. The lifters were slowly pumping up but it was still really loud.
Colin's Westy had a dead sparkplug wire too and that took a few minutes of head scratching as his "new" wire was bad too!

That sums it up nicely.

Quote:
I got to see Andrew's new 77 Sage Green Westy which was quite nice and nearly complete but I didn't see it run. Does it?

Oh yeah, no issues. Just did a valve adjustment and took it for a test drive to develop an Amskeptic-prioritized to-do list.

Quote:
I let Colin take a spin in the Ghia with the top down around the neighborhood. Took him awhile to get back so he must have enjoyed the fun in the sun wind blowing in his hair Wink

Well technically there was hair.

To add a bit more, my 79 project gained a couple grand in value over the course of the day simply going from a nonrunner to a runner. We never got around to driving it before switching to work on my 76, but that'll happen after I get back from my business trip (in Glasgow, MT at the moment).

On my 76 Colin identified something with the alternator that I had misdiagnosed. Having his experienced eyes there was a tremendous help.

In the evening, mechanicjay came over and got some dedicated conversation time with Colin on his newly acquired Riviera while I fixed dinner. We drank some beers, ate some burgers and chatted VWs until 10pm. All in all a very good time and a day well spent.

So next up on the docket is Robbie (asia3b) coming into the area. Stu, you've been the point man on this. What's the haps, man?

Much love to the VW world!

The Asshat

mechanicjay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

RONIN10 wrote:

In the evening, mechanicjay came over and got some dedicated conversation time with Colin on his newly acquired Riviera while I fixed dinner. We drank some beers, ate some burgers and chatted VWs until 10pm. All in all a very good time and a day well spent.

So next up on the docket is Robbie (asia3b) coming into the area. Stu, you've been the point man on this. What's the haps, man?

Much love to the VW world!

The Asshat

Much thanks to you for your hospitality and to Colin for letting me pick his brain a bit. A nice way to cap off my day, which started at the show in Shoreline.

The Shoreline show was good fun, a bunch of really nice buses and few simply stunning Type 3's. No Type IV's though, which was little disappointing, though not unexpected.

I spent quite a bit of time talking to some other Rivi owners for some ideas about what a finished Rivi might look like. Of course, I forgot to get the nice Lady's number, who offered to let us template her awning canvas for the Rivi awning. I have the rope rail and all the poles, just no fabric.

The Swap Meet was of limited use, unless you were there for Type 1 parts. Parts for other stuff was pretty limited, though I was able to pick-up a dome light for a couple bucks and a set of trashed PDSIT2/3 carbs for $25. Between the carbs I picked up on Sat and the set that RONIN10 sent my was a couple weeks ago, I think I'm just a couple rebuild kits away from having my intake sorted out (Still looking for a 73/74 aircleaner though).

Definitely a GREAT VW weekend for this guy!
2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ - The wife and kid mobile.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Sounded like fun. I made the show with my moms and one of my kids - they were done walking and talking VWs after that so I wasn't even thinking of coming over brother Wink Laughing

Sorry I missed Colin sounded like fun.

When is the Berliner? I was thinking like the 30th? This month - End July there on a Sat - 2pm ish?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
When is the Berliner? I was thinking like the 30th? This month - End July there on a Sat - 2pm ish?

I should be back in town by then and am game for it. We just need to be sure we don't coincide with a Sounders game, there will be nowhere to sit if we do.

Here's the Sounders schedule for the remainder of the month:

Wed, 20 July @ 7:30 pm
    Sun, 24 July @ 12:00 pm
    Sun, 31 July @ 1:00 pm

Also, I think Stuart was trying to get the Berliner get together to coincide with Robbie being in town. Last info I saw on that was that he was camping with some of the Oregon contingent through this coming weekend with the requirement that he was to be in Spokane the night of the 24th. So I'll put Stuart in the hot seat to let us know what's going on sooner rather than later. This group doesn't seem to do well with last minute planning attempts.

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Spokane is me on the 24/25th. Renton after. Sorry for the brevity, service is sparse in the woods.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

So the 30th may work for Robbie?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Any updates on a get together this weekend? I'm back in town pretty much only Fri, Sat, and Sun before I'm away again until next Friday for another work trip. Would love to make it happen if possible.

dabble
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
And one of these days dabble and I will have the first Greater Olympia Bus Gatherings. Twisted Evil probably two buses.

Let's do it!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

It will happen dabble Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Jump to:
Page 59 of 74

Jump to: