Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Narrowed Beam questions
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buggy boy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Narrowed Beam questions Reply with quote

Ok I've seen lots of narrowed beams on bugs just wondering how many people are running narrowed beams in buggys? If so is 4 inch to much? Post pics of your set up and any issues you have. Also let me know if your running shocks or not. Thanks in advance
kustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good idea. The shorter you make the springs the harder the ride will be. Dune buggies have an issue with this.

And wondering what the heck happen to my Samba post count?!?
Tom Thompson
Tijuana Kustoms Inc. (TM)
1-516-338-8746
www.tjkustoms.com
CoryN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I narrowed mine two inches. The ride is no different than it was before I narrowed it.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all the FG bodies have "pockets" that the top of the shock tower fits into to keep the buggy front profile low. When narrowing the front, the shock tower on a Link and Pin will have to either be done away with or drastically shortened.

The ride can be adjusted by either removing torsion leaves (several ways to do this and keep the spring pack together) or staggering the pre-load on the upper and lower beam with adjusters.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: