Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cost to build a 2332??
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackoutt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Cost to build a 2332?? Reply with quote

So roughly what's it cost to build a good stroker motor? It's nothing I'm going to do right away but just curious. And I want to know a reasonable price, were not talking top of the line everything.

And what would you guys recommend doing with about a $1000 budget on my first motor. I want to make sure its got some pep. Like I said in my other post this will be mostly road/dune ridden. And lastly I have been looking to swap drums to disk in the back. By far the cheapest setup I've found was linked somewhere from this site I believe its actionimports. Is that the best place people have found? Cause all local parts places are telling me well over $300.

Thanks
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stroker will set you back about $5k maybe less if you have some parts and do all the work yourself.

Some dual kadrons and a header will do a lot to pep up a 1600.
KopfenJager
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key here is time. Start with the 1600 and later, after saving buy duel carbs big enough for a 2332. Like some 44idf's. You can tune them to run on a 1600. Same thing with the dizzy, rockers and other stuff, buy stuff that works on the 1600, that you later can swap to the 2332.. Don't buy twice. Don't buy kadrons now, only to buy bigger carbs later. waste of money. While your running the little motor start collecting parts for the big one. It can take time, just stick with it, in the end you will be glad you did. And yes a big motor can set you back a lot, 5k is reasonable. Less if you shop around and pay attention. Some times you can buy a bunch of parts from someone who started a engine build but never finished, they either ran out of money, or lost interest along the way. Your gain. Just becareful buying second hand stuff, especaily if the parts are used.
Blackoutt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well thx for input. I was just trying to figure out whether or not its reasonable to do that or just do a ecotec or subaru engine swap. I'm thinking for that price I'm better off just doing a swap [/list]
77charger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtkeeper wrote:
Good stroker will set you back about $5k maybe less if you have some parts and do all the work yourself.

Some dual kadrons and a header will do a lot to pep up a 1600.

Agree if i built my current motor today it would run pretty close for a turn key and from scratch.I think mine totaled out to about 4400-4500 bucks ad i did my own labor/assembly.
Auto linea alm case,82 dpr crank wedgemated by DK machine
cb 5.4 h beams,12 pound DPR f/w,Slr xv294cam,cb straight cuts,hpmx 44s,40x35 heads ported by brothers machine
norcalracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paid 3000 for my 2332 long block with all new parts and it runs excellent.But you are out another 1500/2000 to make it a turnkey motor.if i were to start with nothing(stock vw) i would no dout go ecotec or subi i prefer ecotec though.for about 4000 your running with watercooled and efi.
Blackoutt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I think im definitely going the swap route then, but as far as brakes is that actionimports place the best bet?? I cant find anywhere else that even comes close in price. I just want to make sure thats a reputable place to order from.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: