Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'61 L391 Pastel Blue
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cugel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: '61 L391 Pastel Blue Reply with quote

For some time now, I've been under the impression that my Aug. '60 made '61 is L380 Turquoise, but now I'm pretty convinced that it is in fact Pastel Blue, after looking at many pics of turquoise cars here, mine isn't that green. Pastel blue seems pretty close to turquoise, and has some green in it, but is definitely more blue. Also, it seems that my car has the same color matching scheme that a L380 car would have, including ice blue seats, hydrate green steering wheel and column, hand brake lever, and gear shift lever, as well as ice blue and hydrate door panels, and turquoise carpet and blueish rubber mats (may be faded hydrate green - looks darker in some places). Although the car has been repainted once, I am sure that's it was painted the original color as there are places that are clearly factory paint with factory writing on them (under the sound deadening material in the trunk, for example)

My question is, since the pastel blue is fairly close to L380 and seems to have all the exact same interior colors as L380, should they also have como green running boards and turquoise fender beading? I have heard that L380 early builds may also have a light green headliner as well. Would that also be true for a L391 Pastel Blue? Does anyone have any pictures of such a green headliner? I haven't been able to find any here on The Samba.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: