Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buses by the Bridge 17, January 17-20, 2013
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you go up in a tethered balloon if it was on site
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 71 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 104

joseph928
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: BBB Reply with quote

Blue Bay Bus Cant wait tell BBB, had a great time last year. Will try out my new TF-49 and solar, can anybody say ice cream. Well at least I can't break anything like at syncro solstice. Laughing
1987 syncro westy tin top sun roof , GW2.3, rear locker, decoupler, Gary Lee tire rack & winch mount, lift, south african grill, big brakes , rhein alloy ,15 BFG AT, Fiamma 10 foot awning ,140 watt rear 85 watt front solar , mppt, truckfridge, automatic fire extinguishing system, tencent oil cooler, And a RMW SS exhaust! - 1971 bug convertible 1776 engine- 2010 Subaru turbo - 1993 Toyota 4x4 truck - 1999 Harley 95 CI, big bore, Andrews cams . Also 80-84- vans. Stock 65 sunroof bug.
desertvwguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yuma crew will be there !!!

Don't forget The Yuma Campout and Show/Swap is in two weeks.
Nov 2, 3, 4 2012...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner Friday evening at the Fair Grounds
campout.

Sonny
Vashon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK We're going!Getting out of Puget Sound, But we're new to this. Any tips, advice on the "camp ground"
reservations/no reservations ? Is there a section for vanagons etc,etc..

Tim&Pam
just a good old 2.1 2wd
87 Westy weekender with lots of tricks.
our other vessel is a 47' ketch. That makes going down I-5 at 50 mph in the Westy seem like light speed!
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vashon wrote:
OK We're going!Getting out of Puget Sound, But we're new to this. Any tips, advice on the "camp ground"

Tim&Pam

The whole event is the campground, so no reservations needed. Similar vintages and groups tend to band together, but there is no hard and fast rule. Everyone is very friendly and you'll find friends fast!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeL wrote:
Vashon wrote:

Tim&Pam

The whole event is the campground, so no reservations needed. Similar vintages and groups tend to band together, but there is no hard and fast rule. Everyone is very friendly and you'll find friends fast!

Last year EZ Gruv wrote wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about making the trek from Eureka, CA this year. Always wanted to go - never made the trip though. Im assuming it's two days there and back, so 4 days driving and 3 days at the event.

sounds like a good vacation.
London Bridge Bullis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:
Vashon wrote:

Tim&Pam

Last year EZ Gruv wrote wrote:

This Buses by the Bridge event there are NO VEHICLES allowed on the LAKE SIDE of the sidewalk. You can tent camp on the beach, but you cannot park there. This is due to the new sandy beach put in by State Parks.

We have asked the Danger Zone, Las Vegas, Multistate and Save the bays to tighten up to allow more vehicles in those areas.

As always there is "VERY LIMITED" camping on the grassy areas and we ask big groups to please find an area big enough to accomadate them (ask us and we will reserve a spot for your LARGE group)

Lake Havasu State Park (as it is called now, no more Windsor 4) has been busting there asses improving the whole area, cleaning, grading just a lot of overall improvements to the area.

There will be a MARKED RV parking area up by the exit of the event area as last year except it will have marked spaces and we ask anyone who comes in an RV to respect these spaces. Due to the amount of RV'slast year this has become a necessity and will open up more areas along the channel for people camping in their VW Buses.

Please obey the RULES of the event. Keep it happy and safe for everyone.

CURFEW for noise is 10 P.M., this includes load music, load voices, drum circles, barking dogs, etc.

NO GLASS "PERIOD", this means, glass bottles, drinking glasses, booze bottles, etc. This is for everyones safety and a State Parks Rule. Keep your glass inside you vehicle, out of site, out of mind.

ALL ANIMALS MUST be on a lease at ALL TIMES, walking, in camp, etc. again this is for every ones safety

Again we promise to have a great raffle. This year the LBB has given away way over 10,000 dollars to local charities HELPING the KIDS, this couldn't of been done with-out all of you.

JUST IN San Tan Volkswagen is coming to BBB with the VWoA trailer packed with Genuine VW goodies and will be bringing a couple NEW VW's to see.
The London Bridge Bullis are pleased to have VW at our event.

If you want to be a vendor PLEASE CALL or p-mail [email protected] or call 928 680 7664. Vendor space is very limited.

A full list of what's going on during the event will be posted at a latter date.

Remeber that the Lake Havasu City Hot Air Baloon Fest is happening the same weekend so make your hotel reservation asap if you are planning on getting a room. Our HOST hotel is the

Motel 6 Lake Havasu City - Lakeside (928) 855-3200
111 London Bridge Road, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Ask for the Buses by the Bridge room rate
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which.

QUESTION.

WHY is it that SO much space is wasted with the grassy area? I mean... there are people camped on it along the edges...why not more in the middle.
Its a HUGE space every year that has NOTHING in it.

I ask this question for the masses. Im in the vegas area so it doesnt really affect me. But im sure with the new beach rule, that it would help if another 20 buses could camp on the grass.

Thanks for any info. Dave

Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kommercial
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's because you can't have a fire on the grass and it's damn cold.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point for sure. But i know some folks dont have fires cause they hang out at other camps, and their rigs have heaters in em.
So those folks could use the lawn and leave the firey types for the dirt areas.

Note to EVERYONE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
London Bridge Bullis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grass area is kept open mainly for the kids to play on, the bouncy and just general safety, etc.. There is more then enough room for everyone to camp through out the whole area and we're not going to start the "grass area" argument again.

This event is put on mainly to raise the money we donate to kids charities and to get the VW Bus and general VW lovers together.

To start trivial shit over how and why the LBB does things is a waste of our and every ones time. We will try to keep everyone informed on things related to the event of whats happening and if there are changes.

Please remember that the LBB has been doing this for 17 years, We think we know what we are doing, every one seems to have a great time .

If anyone has a problem with how we run the event , a suggestion, comment (negative) etc. please keep it private and p-mail a member of the LBB board for an answer.

This thread is to keep people informed of what is going on so they can prepare.
woodslat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I assumed BBB would be the second weekend of the month like it usually is. I didn't look for a thread, I generally find it on the events page. It's not there!! My fault for assuming of course, but listing it on the events page is a must.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodslat wrote:
Damn, I assumed BBB would be the second weekend of the month like it usually is. I didn't look for a thread, I generally find it on the events page. It's not there!! My fault for assuming of course, but listing it on the events page is a must.

MLK Weekend .

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to EVERYONE.
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot. I was able to change shifts with a coworker, however, I have to work early Tuesday this year, so I will be looking for a ride down then ill fly back from a city TBD last year it was Phoenix. Hell, I may even spring for one if them fancy Motel rooms.
Anyone traveling down from PDX area need a copilot? Lots of time off(2 weeks)before.
I can't wait.
London Bridge Bullis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buses by the Bridge is always on MLK weekend, wherever it falls during the month.

BBB will be listed in the events listings in a week or so after we have our next meeting and figure out what and when things are happening at the event.
Everything should pretty much be the same as last year and current info can be found by visiting www.busesbythebridge.com.

Thanks to everyones that comes and welcome to new and old friends. BBB is a FAMILY FRIENDLY event.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

London Bridge Bullis wrote:
Buses by the Bridge is always on pyrOman's birthday weekend, wherever it falls during the month.

Razz
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Buses by the Bridge is always on pyrOman's birthday weekend, wherever it falls during the month.

Razz
I see what you did there... Rolling Eyes
Brilliant, as usual.

Bring an extra HUGE jug of smudge pot fuel. I'll hit you via PayPal or at the event. Your fire is always epic. You, OTOH Rolling Eyes

It'll be fun to hang out again, Ivan.

Is BradsDad Owen coming. I want to hang out with him some more this year.
Doug?
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
pyrOman wrote:

Razz
I see what you did there... Rolling Eyes
Brilliant, as usual.

Bring an extra HUGE jug of smudge pot fuel. I'll hit you via PayPal or at the event. Your fire is always epic. You, OTOH Rolling Eyes

It'll be fun to hang out again, Ivan.

Is BradsDad Owen coming. I want to hang out with him some more this year.
Doug?

He is, yes! His daughter, Chris, won a free pass to BBB17 @ the HBB4 raffle last Sunday. She handed it to him Smile

How'd you work that floating Bday Pyro? Your mother must have been pisssssed!

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's getting close to making this a sticky time.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: