Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vintage-wagen - Francisco Barone - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintage-wagen
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 14, 2015
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up that the vintagewagen.com site is unsafe due to the heartbleed SSL bug.

You can test the vulnerability here: https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/
and enter the website vintagewagen.com

Until it gets fixed you may want to wait to place an order.

I did contact Francisco and mention this to him also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AdrianH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco, I have sent a couple of emails re the 12v semaphores being sent to me in NZ, could you please contact me and let me know what's happening ?
ateneo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
Just a heads up that the vintagewagen.com site is unsafe due to the heartbleed SSL bug.

Has Francisco fixed this problem? I am kind of hesitant to place an order if the website is possibly infected by this virus.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ateneo wrote:
nlorntson wrote:

Has Francisco fixed this problem? I am kind of hesitant to place an order if the website is possibly infected by this virus.

The link checker above says it is fixed or unaffected.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lee Hedges
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very bad experience with this guy/shop! I'll never order again.

Contacted Francisco to ask if the front nose emblem was in-stock on 13Sep14. He confirmed it was. So I requested a PayPal total & email address. It took three days to get a response and he mistakenly quoted me a price for the chrome part, not the steel one. (strike one). Then I got the right price and sent the PayPal payment on 16Sep14. No word, no receipt, no confirmation of the order for a week, so I contact him asking for an update on 23Sep. He sends a FedEx tracking # that was for another customer in Carmichael CA (strike two). I tell him it's the wrong tracking number and I get no response. The next day I email again asking for an update on the delivery. No response. Then on the 30th I send another email asking for an update. This morning (a week later) he responds (below) saying it's not in-stock & refunds my order (strike three). WHAT???

Francsico writes:
"I am sorry, the warehouse shipped it wrong and took a long time to figure out. Since we dont have any more in stock right now I have refunded your payment. If you would like to re-order then, let me know. We will be getting more in in about 2 weeks. I can reserve one for you if you want and you will pay when it gets in."

Very bad communication, very bad order entry, & very bad order fulfillment. I must have caught him on a bad month. I hope his other customers get better customer service than I did. I'd advise against buying from this "not ready for primetime" guy.
vintage-wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Emblem Reply with quote

Very sorry Lee, we had your emblem shipped to another customer by mistake. Since we couldn't get it back in time, I decided to refund your payment. I then offered to reserve one of the next batch we are getting with no deposit or money from you but you were too pissed off already.

Too bad we are getting some negative feedback from you for a $74 part when there is several customers ordering thousands of dollars and very happy with the quality of the parts we sell and the customer service as well.

Too bad people also only leave feedback when something goes wrong and not when everything is received in shape and time. And we dont go out there crying for people to leave good feedback for us like other vendors here do...

Hope you can place a bigger order from us sometime soon and try our services again. I am pretty sure you will be happy again. Good luck with your buses!
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Emblem Reply with quote

vintage-wagen wrote:

Too bad people also only leave feedback when something goes wrong and not when everything is received in shape and time. And we dont go out there crying for people to leave good feedback for us like other vendors here do...

This point is well said Francisco. Unfortunately this is the general nature of feedback for perhaps every several hundred orders that are shipped regularly and successfully.

Increasingly it is becoming more difficult for some to understand that small custom fab shops are not positioned, staffed, work, or are funded in such a way where slight problems can be promptly rectified as easy as calling amazon.com to demand reparations for shipping you the wrong pair of shoes from some warehouse.

What small businesses like ours will do however, is offer fair as possible options, same as you seem to have done here, trying to square the situation best possible when a problem comes up. Unfortunately we also have to recognize that it will not always be possible to please every customer with a problem. Thankfully these situations are by far the exception and not common whatsoever.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, 2 weeks to find out something is not in stock and a week between responses is unacceptable for any business.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cjsmitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Emblem Reply with quote

We ordered an emblem from Francisco he was in contact the whole time and we had it within 2 days. We will be ordering again from him.

http://instagram.com/smittys_auto_body
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: vintage-wagen - Francisco Barone - [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Francisco? I need a few autocraft parts, but he hasn't responded to emails and the website is down?
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: vintage-wagen - Francisco Barone - [email protected] Reply with quote

According to my experience -and others I know who have ordered from him- there is very good reason for him to be out of business. In my dealings with him, I was left very convinced he was a Nigerian trying to take my paypal account for a ride. Do legit businesses or Nigerians say this?:

"We have already shipped your parts out yesterday! Tracking is XXXXXXX fedex.com Do you think you can re-send payment via PayPal? Should I send you a PayPal request? "

Of course I didn't send the payment a second time, but mortified that I'd likely just done business with some Nigerian, I sweated for several days. Parts eventually arrived, however, among the undamaged contents for my 59 Kombi were: one correct flat wheel well section, and one post 63 "lipped" wheel well section. Very impressive Rolling Eyes I didn't even bother to exchange the wrong wheel well section as I would rather keep this dude as far away from me as possible. Anyone need a lipped post 63 wheel well piece, let me know.

Your mileage may vary, but my money is going elsewhere.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: