Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Gowesty Sale?
Forum Index -> Vanagon/Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
subter
Samba Member


Joined: June 26, 2011
Posts: 146

subter is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Gowesty Sale? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Gowesty usually runs an Easter promotion like the 15% off they just ran in February?
_________________
1981 Westfalia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member


Joined: December 27, 2005
Posts: 9090
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
syncrodoka is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign up for their newsletter and you will get alerts on their sales as they come up.
I don't know if easter is one of their sale times but the 15% sale was unusual.
_________________
SyncroFest Schadenfreude!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madspaniard
Samba Member


Joined: August 18, 2008
Posts: 3716
Location: Alameda, CA
madspaniard is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sale days are usually more spaced apart in the calendar, not even sure they have physically recovered from the leap day sale yet Laughing
_________________
1991 Westy auto w/ Peloquin TBD

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j_dirge
Samba Member


Joined: August 08, 2007
Posts: 4003
Location: The Outer Sunset, San Francisco, CA
j_dirge is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say.. yes.

They've recovered by now, I am sure.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jon Sliders order. alone.. probably put some new shoes on some lucky kid.

Heh...
_________________
89 GL Westy, hummng along again under the power of a used "WBXer of mystery"

danfromsyr wrote:
those are straight line runs with light weight race cars for only 1/4mile at a time..
not pushing a loaded brick up a mountain pass with a family of 4+ inside expecting to have an event free vacation..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
insyncro
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 11702
Location: New York
insyncro is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they are knocking 15% of the Fox shocks.
I would be surprised if they are making that on them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member


Joined: January 26, 2010
Posts: 7838
Location: Greater Toronto Area Ontario West Side
DAIZEE is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that the February 29th reason for that sudden sale only comes around every 4 years. Laughing
_________________
83.5 Vanagon L Riviera Model with 97 1.9L TD AAZ 4 speed Daily Driver 3 out of 4 seasons (4 sale)
84 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Westy WBX 4 speed (sold)

Mental Health issues affect us all (1 in 3). Ignorance is no excuse. It's up to each of us to educate ourselves & others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member


Joined: January 22, 2008
Posts: 3892

carterzest is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAGWST Rolling Eyes












Van Cafe gives 5% every day to active TS members, often times more, this from the last "Yet Another Go Westy Sale Thread".

Laughing

Don't get me wrong, I am getting ready to drop a few duckets here really soon.
_________________
Moderator note 6/19/14 wrote:
Good things come to an end. This topic has been locked thanks to juvenile antics toward one person causing a rift in the PDX community. This topic could have been saved had a simple apology been made.
[email protected]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Themasterof42
Samba Member


Joined: April 23, 2009
Posts: 328
Location: goleta
Themasterof42 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:

Van Cafe gives 5% every day to active TS members, often times more, this from the last "Yet Another Go Westy Sale Thread".





How does one take advantage of this 5% off with Van-cafe? I tracked down the forum but it wasn't really clear...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5...mp;start=0


Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
j_dirge
Samba Member


Joined: August 08, 2007
Posts: 4003
Location: The Outer Sunset, San Francisco, CA
j_dirge is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Themasterof42 wrote:
carterzest wrote:

Van Cafe gives 5% every day to active TS members, often times more, this from the last "Yet Another Go Westy Sale Thread".





How does one take advantage of this 5% off with Van-cafe? I tracked down the forum but it wasn't really clear...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5...mp;start=0


Thanks! Very Happy

It was/is Bus Depot (not VC) that offered 5% off to Samba Members.
Email/call Bus Depot they will fill you in.
_________________
89 GL Westy, hummng along again under the power of a used "WBXer of mystery"

danfromsyr wrote:
those are straight line runs with light weight race cars for only 1/4mile at a time..
not pushing a loaded brick up a mountain pass with a family of 4+ inside expecting to have an event free vacation..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member


Joined: January 22, 2008
Posts: 3892

carterzest is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j_dirge wrote:
Themasterof42 wrote:
carterzest wrote:

Van Cafe gives 5% every day to active TS members, often times more, this from the last "Yet Another Go Westy Sale Thread".





How does one take advantage of this 5% off with Van-cafe? I tracked down the forum but it wasn't really clear...

He is right. It was in

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5...p;start=60


Thanks! Very Happy

It was/is Bus Depot (not VC) that offered 5% off to Samba Members.
Email/call Bus Depot they will fill you in.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5...p;start=60

Rolling Eyes

My bad.

Even better though Laughing
_________________
Moderator note 6/19/14 wrote:
Good things come to an end. This topic has been locked thanks to juvenile antics toward one person causing a rift in the PDX community. This topic could have been saved had a simple apology been made.
[email protected]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madspaniard
Samba Member


Joined: August 18, 2008
Posts: 3716
Location: Alameda, CA
madspaniard is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Just got the GoWesty email:

Earth Day sale tomorrow only for web sales, 15% discount using promo code "EARTHDAY2012"
_________________
1991 Westy auto w/ Peloquin TBD

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jamos
Samba Member


Joined: July 08, 2005
Posts: 732
Location: SF Bay Area
Jamos is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
I Just got the GoWesty email:

Earth Day sale tomorrow only for web sales, 15% discount using promo code "EARTHDAY2012"


Thanks for posting that...I just ordered a few things I've been needing!
Cool
_________________
'86 Wolfy Westy Weekender
'10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
subter
Samba Member


Joined: June 26, 2011
Posts: 146

subter is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. I just ordered a couple weeks ago. Oh well, I still need a few odds and ends.....for now.
_________________
1981 Westfalia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member


Joined: January 26, 2010
Posts: 7838
Location: Greater Toronto Area Ontario West Side
DAIZEE is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you GW! I got my very own code. BD offers the 5% off on orders over $50.00. VC sends you cookies!! Who else offers deals?
_________________
83.5 Vanagon L Riviera Model with 97 1.9L TD AAZ 4 speed Daily Driver 3 out of 4 seasons (4 sale)
84 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Westy WBX 4 speed (sold)

Mental Health issues affect us all (1 in 3). Ignorance is no excuse. It's up to each of us to educate ourselves & others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon/Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2014, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB