Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello from London!
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skavia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Hello from London! Reply with quote

Greetings all!
I've just joined the forum recently and am looking to buy a Ghia very soon.
I've always loved air cooled VWs since my first ever car, which was a 1970 1500 bug.
My dad has had 5 buses and 3 bugs, so I guess I know where I got my passion Very Happy
20 years later and I currently drive a Golf GTI Edition 30 as a daily, so the love remains.
Anyway, I hope to have my own Ghia thread once I buy one.

SK
retrowagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Hope you can find the Karmann Ghia of your dreams someday soon. This is a friendly place, so feel free to ask any questions of us, even before you have the car. Many of us here could save you quite a bit of heartache whilst picking out cars; the experience here is staggering.

Nice to see a Londoner here; I used to live in SW14 myself, but am now in California.
Skavia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome Dave Smile
I live in Surrey, so not too far from SW14 - I bet you must be loving the sunny lifestyle?!
I'm currently researching this excellent forum to decide what kind of ghia to get, and also whether it's worth importing from Cali.
I know I want a coupe, manual and don't mind LHD.
So far 1969 seems to be the best year in terms of styling and performance, but any early ghia looks stunning.
I'm just deciding whether to buy a car that's already restored, or one that needs some work (but not too much!)
Confusing thing is the nice cars dont seem to cost much more than some which need a fresh respray or bodywork/interior. But they are just out of my budget and you don't get the pleasure in customising your ride!
I've enjoyed modding my GTI but feel like I need something extra now!
Hope I'm allowed to post water cooled pics? Confused
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

retrowagen wrote:
Welcome! Hope you can find the Karmann Ghia of your dreams someday soon. This is a friendly place, so feel free to ask any questions of us, even before you have the car. Many of us here could save you quite a bit of heartache whilst picking out cars; the experience here is staggering.

Nice to see a Londoner here; I used to live in SW14 myself, but am now in California.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: