Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the value? Or where can I get the value for used par
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleth51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: What is the value? Or where can I get the value for used par Reply with quote

I am working on a 1974 Ghia Coupe that I got last year... The car had been sitting for 18yrs mostly in storage so the car doesn't need a lot of restoring. The last couple of years it was outside with the window cracked open so the floors were bad on the drivers side. I decided to pull the body off and replace both floors while it was apart as in my reading that seems like a common issue. I am also replacing all of the carpet as that seems cheap enough. Other than that the car doesnt need much other than repairing some body damage from fender benders back in the day and a pain't job. I have been doing some other things like new brake lines, fuel lines, cables, exhaust, etc. as routine/preventive maintenance on an old car.

Since getting the car I have also picked up some random things that people have given me that I don't need... I am now wondering what the value is so I might be able to sell some stuff and get some revenue to do some of the repairs/upgrades it needs. I thought that other people might also have similar things laying around and also might be wondering the value.

First I have completed the prior owners goal of converting the transmission to a manual (I know some people will say I should have never done that!). I now have the automatic and I am wondering what it is worth for everything including the flywheel and anything else thst comes on the stock autostick. I am (for my own experience) building up a separate motor so the engine that bolted up to the auto is also currently in tact. Not planning to sell the motor but I would sell all the "automatic" stuff off it.

I also have spare solid right and left doors, front hood and rear engine hood.

Someone also gave me some metle brackets used for a convertible top... They are the just about the width of the car but honestly I have no idea how those work as I have a coupe.

I don't need to make any quick sales but I would like to get rid of the stuff from my garage to help fund the rest of the stuff I am reparing in the rebuild.

Thanks for any info/suggestions you might have other than posting in the classifieds! I will do that once I get an idea what to ask and figure out how to post pictures with an iPad!

Thanks;

Raymond from up in New Hampshire!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: