Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kadrons and 010 dizzy
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sepulvedac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: kadrons and 010 dizzy Reply with quote

I have a set of Kadrons that I am installing on my 1600cc on it. This is not your run off the mill 1600cc. It has 69mm dpr counterweight crank, drd 043 heads with hi-rev single springs, bugpack 4061 cam, 13# flywheel with kennedy stage 1 plate and cushlock disc, Bosch alternator, Full flowed with filter, Bosch 010 dizzy.

How would the Kadrons work using the 010? What would be the best timing for it?

Any and all opinions are welcome.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roll it.

mine likes 30deg all in.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it... 28-32 is the range.

My 2180 is set at 30 degrees.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sepulvedac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty then, I will do it.

Thanks to both of you.

So Glenn, I guess Kadrons does not need the SVDA like a lot of people mention. I hope mileage does not go down the drain.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually suggest a 019 with Kads on a mostly stock engine, but with your setup.. the 010 will be fine.

The only carb I prefer the SVDA with is the 34PICT-3

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sepulvedac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again for your input.

I'll let you know how it goes when I clean the carbs and install them. Even thou I probably will have to buy some parts for the linkage. I am going to use the Gene Berg linkage and shorter intakes, I was told by GBE that I will probably had to order extensions since the manifold is 1 1/4" sorter than the regular one which is what they used as a model for rhe linkage. We'll see.
Anyhow, I'll post the results of performance and mileage as soon as I finish with everything.
sepulvedac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this post I had to leave to go to Puerto Rico. Still looking for ways to go back to TX and finish installing and setting the carbs. The sooner is going to be august this year GRRRRRRRRRRRR, but such is life.
sepulvedac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back from TX, left the car there for now but the engine is sweeeeeeet. Ran it, after break in, for a week and a full tank (15gals) it gave me 33 MPG. Plenty of power at the punch of the gas!

thanks again for your suggestions. It is at 32 degrees and runs perfect. Between the adjustment of the kads a la AJ Sims and the tip from Glenn, I got all the power I want and then some. Can't wait to bring it to Puerto Rico next year.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: