Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

lost valve adjuster screw... HELP
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zacc925
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: lost valve adjuster screw... HELP Reply with quote

So ten years ago (i was 11....) my mom wanted me to put a new fuel pump in my 69 beetle. Ended up taking distributor shaft out and put back in backwards. Just bought it from her and drove it around. shot out a spark plug (#3 cyl) and ended up pulling the engine out. Flipped the d shaft and started to do a vlave adjustment. opened up 3 and 4 and found a loose valve adustment bolt and two nuts... BUT NOT THE OTHER BOLT. where would it have gone with no holes in the valve cover? already drained oil and hdidnt see anything in it except black oil. HELP
JasonBaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the nuts that holds the rocker shaft on? Or the ones on the end of the shaft that hold the rockers on the shaft? I had that bolt come off in high school on the way home from work at 11pm at night. I didn't have any tools with me and just put it back on hand tight and hoped for the best until I got home. Valves chattered like hell, but I made it home. I suspect there the is more going on than you know if its spitting plugs out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: