Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornemuse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually quite easy if you know how. About three clicks.

Conversly, its not so easy if you dont know how.

I found the instructions ambiguous at best, I have problems ONLY on this site, all the rest (6 regularly, a few more occaisionally) are, compared to here, simple & straightfoward.

I like the site, just wont attempt posting pics again,sorry.

-c-

(couldnt find a 'quote' box to quote from previous message)
Found it, oops
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornemuse wrote:
I found the instructions ambiguous at best, I have problems ONLY on this site, all the rest (6 regularly, a few more occaisionally) are, compared to here, simple & straightfoward

If you have suggestions on lingo to make the instructional text easier to understand, I welcome any suggestions. Contact me directly via the PM system or my email below.

It is a little bit harder than some other forums as a lot of forums allow you to instantly upload photos into forum threads. This makes them impossible to find later so I have chosen to keep the gallery as a somewhat separate entity so that it is fully searchable and useful on its own.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
9pin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've never understood about the Classifieds section, and mainly the Porsche 365 sub-section...

There are always both tons of WTB ads and actual vehicle listings for sale... Why is that? One would think that by logic, the people 'wanting to buy' would have a lot to pick from, right in front of them, in ALL KINDS of conditions. Yet, day after day WTB ads keep popping up.

Can any of the WTBer's explain what is wrong with the steady crop of listings?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things off the top of my head:
- Some people have a dream of getting a $50K car for $5K.
- Some people have something specific they want and it doesn't match what is currently for sale.
- Some people are too lazy to actually look, they just want something to drop in their lap.
- Some people want to buy a car that is not advertised to the general public.
- Similar to the above, some people/dealers are just constantly trying to buy cars to resell for more.
Often by lying about their intentions. "This car is going to be my personal car." No, it is not, you are going to flip it next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fcampbell356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Some People Reply with quote

This has been always a tough situation for real buyers. There are always buyers and sellers, but it seems that everyone is looking for the "Honey Hole"
But we are not so lucky as Adam Wright.
Then there are the flippers, buy low sell high. With the number of cars that
come up for sale, there are a lot of buyers with no funds, so it will never stop.

Frank
9pin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1803841

Quote:
giving away my 356 BT5 to the one that can supply me with the perfect flying job.

Do you own a jet company or a private plane and looking for a cool ride? then maybe we can make a trade

my car, a paid job for at least one full year.

And here I thought people gained employment through fitting job experience and qualifications... Wow, I have it all wrong! I just need an old ratty porsche to trade! Rolling Eyes
t44e6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Is it just me, or is the 356 Registry a bunch of dicks? Reply with quote

Head on over and look at the post "Got my Zenith Carburetors back from Carburetor Rescue". The guy gets a set of carbs back that is not right and he is the bad guy for relating his story. And a DB chimes in saying how vendors hate people like him. It looks like some others with similar experiences may have emailed him off board relating issues they had. And of course some stain implied he was not being truthful. I am not renewing my recently lapsed membership. I personally know several people in the business for many years who will not deal with these arrogant blowhards. Some of them should really not be questioning anyone's ethics. Glass houses and all.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Is it just me, or is the 356 Registry a bunch of dicks? Reply with quote

t44e6 wrote:
Head on over and look at the post "Got my Zenith Carburetors back from Carburetor Rescue". The guy gets a set of carbs back that is not right and he is the bad guy for relating his story. And a DB chimes in saying how vendors hate people like him. It looks like some others with similar experiences may have emailed him off board relating issues they had. And of course some stain implied he was not being truthful. I am not renewing my recently lapsed membership. I personally know several people in the business for many years who will not deal with these arrogant blowhards. Some of them should really not be questioning anyone's ethics. Glass houses and all.

I haven't been over there in a few years since all of the bull crap went down - but i ventured over to see what was going on based on your post. Its interesting to see absolutely nothing has changed. I especially noticed that Cliff "Claven" Murray is still spewing out his venomous bullshit. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, he sits behind a desk all day at his motorcycle shop with his door closed spewing his crap - he wouldn't know a customer if one hit him in the face.

Get out of there and don't look back. You'd be better off posting a question or concern in North Korea.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Has some minor damage to the front end."
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1812050
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1813083
your killing me here, right?!? I've thrown away several of these that only have a single crack. Shocked
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
your killing me here, right?!? I've thrown away several of these that only have a single crack. Shocked

LOL, who would ever buy something that is missing a piece.

I don't even know why you would even run a cracked one, although I have run cracked glass lenses in my Bus until I found a nice original.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1880190
Really Rolling Eyes just cause they fit a Porsche even tho they have a VW part number Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1880190
Really Rolling Eyes just cause they fit a Porsche even tho they have a VW part number Laughing

You don't want to pay $75 for $10 handles?
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

No mention of "Speedster, Roadster Carrera" in the ad. Must be a nubee on the greed train...
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

yeah, surprised it wasn't mentioned. Then it would triple the price at least. I wonder if they sell anything here as everything for sale is listed at greed price and no feedback Question
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

4 grand for one wheel? Also listed in the incorrect category.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1896258
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Jacks wrote:

LOL, who would ever buy something that is missing a piece.
It's so if you have a BIG piece missing... you can save some money and just upgrade with this part and use a smaller piece of red cellophane... to help keep you from getting a fix-it ticket. For those budget minded rat-rod / patina Porsche owners.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1857827
Aw, come on... I guess I'll pass, since i need an engine for a coupe. Bummer!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1857827
Aw, come on... I guess I'll pass, since i need an engine for a coupe. Bummer!

$10 seems like a steal. Smile
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I don't understand why people restore low mileage cars. I bring this up in other threads as well, and I just don't understand it. An even more rare car, rarer than just about any bug, and it gets restored. 72,959 original miles, it won many awards for it's originality, and now all of it's originality is gone. I'm sure this would irritate the 356 guys even more lol. The other irritating part is that the entire car was restored, including the engine being rebuilt, and he still claims it's original mileage. I don't follow what 356's go for, I wonder if his price is right on, or way off?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1910545
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: