Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A1 Header wont clear Oil Filter
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajl1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Running out of choices Reply with quote

Spoke to Tiger at A1, cant be modified, the system was not designed to accept filter/pump. I tried 3 more small filters, none of them cleared, waiting for the last filter to arrive today, if it does not clear I have in order a Maxi 3 oil pump from CB, you can see it here
http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=195
Item 1798
Hopefully if we have to replace it it will come out easily. We will see
Thanks
Muffler Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An option, add this in place of filter and relocate. http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/1013/10002/-1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you dont run thick oil with the filter pump!!! it has small very small gallys in it(everyone I have seen do)and all I have seen used have had the drive tang boogered up from to thick oil. 5-20 or the thickest oil would be a 10-30. if you use synthetic it would even be better. rember the oil pump is the heart of your engine you dont want to strangle it, and it needs to pump as freely as possiable.kinda like putting a noose around your neck, how long will you last. use thiner oils with those things.easyer pumping makes more horse power and better mpg.
ajl1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffler Mike wrote:
An option, add this in place of filter and relocate. http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/1013/10002/-1

I dont see how this application will work for me. What Im trying to do is to relocate the oil flter and the only way I know of will be to setup a full flow system with the Maxi 3 oil pump that CB performance sells.

If you have the details how this will work let me know.
Believe me, I want to use the easiest way possible.
Muffler Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajl1971 wrote:
Muffler Mike wrote:

I dont see how this application will work for me. What Im trying to do is to relocate the oil flter and the only way I know of will be to setup a full flow system with the Maxi 3 oil pump that CB performance sells.

Sorry about that. Sometimes I am not very clear and maybe I am miss understanding your problem.
This item is designed to spin on inplace of the filter. Much shorter then a filter. Then hook up in and out hoses to a remote located filter. So you would need another filter adaptor hanging off something like the bumper bracket. Does that help?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 85225 or 84348 Carquest filters. Both are chrome and very small.
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
ajl1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MURZI wrote:
Try 85225 or 84348 Carquest filters. Both are chrome and very small.

OK I will give it a try but I must say that I tried a really small Wix and it did not clear but I will check one out and see, its ridiculous tight in there.

Thanks
ajl1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffler Mike wrote:
ajl1971 wrote:
Muffler Mike wrote:

Sorry about that. Sometimes I am not very clear and maybe I am miss understanding your problem.
This item is designed to spin on inplace of the filter. Much shorter then a filter. Then hook up in and out hoses to a remote located filter. So you would need another filter adaptor hanging off something like the bumper bracket. Does that help?

YES.

Ah ok, the picture of the part does not show the back of it so I was a little confused, this might work then since Im looking for the easiest and more effective solution. Thanks Buddy !, now I got it.
I would like to know the Cons of this if any.
wompninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cons are you have more leak points and it won't work as well as a true full flow, but it should work.
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: oil filter Reply with quote

That would probably work if the hoses are thermally protected from the heat generated by the header. Still need a remote filter location somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: