Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A few questions about my bug.
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FMXtreme83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: A few questions about my bug. Reply with quote

I have a 73 bug and am in the process of rebuilding the car. I am getting my block worked on to make it a 1904 stroker. I just bought the dual empi 44 hpmx carb kit. I will be putting some steve tims stage 1 header on it also. I need some advise to what exhaust I should run. I know I will need a merged header but not sure what size tubing to get along with the rest of the exhaust. I am also not sure what cam to run it the motor to sync well with everything else. Any info would be great. It will be used with the stock trans in the bug. I was told the trans is a good one to use without changing it out. Thanks
vw_hank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i'm not A motor guy,, I dont know what works best with what Smile
Just popping in so you dont fell like your being ignored,, Might want to go to

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

And do some reading,, that would also be A good place to ask questions about all your non stock motor mods Very Happy
Islandman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A few questions about my bug. Reply with quote

FMXtreme83 wrote:
I have a 73 bug and am in the process of rebuilding the car. I am getting my block worked on to make it a 1904 stroker. I just bought the dual empi 44 hpmx carb kit. I will be putting some steve tims stage 1 header on it also. I need some advise to what exhaust I should run. I know I will need a merged header but not sure what size tubing to get along with the rest of the exhaust. I am also not sure what cam to run it the motor to sync well with everything else. Any info would be great. It will be used with the stock trans in the bug. I was told the trans is a good one to use without changing it out. Thanks

I'm loving the 1904 I recently built for my 73 Bug. I'm using those same stage 1 heads. I'v got at set of 40 IDFs on there now with 28mm vents. I was originally running a CB 2241 cam but swapped it out with an Engle 110 (had to repair a broken lifter). It seems to pull much better with the 110. I'm running a 1.5 sized Vintage Speed exhaust and 1.5 was recommended for this size motor. My stock trans with stock press plate and solid disk is holding up just fine.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: