Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

berniklau - [email protected] - Benco Racing
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: BERNIKLAU
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
bugdug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: berniklau - [email protected] - Benco Racing Reply with quote

Bought a transaxle on 4/18/2012 from benco vw racing transaxles and have about 300 or so miles on the trans without a problem.Its quiet, smooth shifting I am very happy with it.Ben is a nice guy and easy to communicate with.My car is a 66 baja with old school RGBs,so I ordered a pro street 4.12 ring and pinion,70 mph or so @ 3000 rpm with 32x11.50/r15 BFGs at ta's. THANK YOU Ben!!!!!
PearBear Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Benco Transmissions Reply with quote

Very Happy I bought a Swingarm Transaxle about 6 months ago. I purchased the Freeway Flyer. It shipped from California to Alabama with no problems or damage. They have an excellent shipping box that did a great job. I have been driving my 65 Beetle as a daily driver and the Benco Transaxle has provided me with perfect performance. My club won't let me lead when we go to shows because no one can keep up with me. LOL So if your wondering if you should buy a Benco Transaxle, stop wondering and just do it. Its reliable and the price was below what the transaxle is worth. I am very pleased.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Barracudabrendon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben has built me multiple transmissions for Type 1,2, and 3's and I have been nothing but 100% happy with all of them. Ben is always on time and goes the extra mile to give you a quality product. Thanks Ben
1964 N Model Squareback
Ruthless Fastback Drag car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
orange vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Benco rebuild my transmission from my sandrail. Could not be happier, trans has gone through 2 seasons now without a single issue and Ben regeared my trans and it made a day and night difference with how the cars power band handles in the dunes.
webebuggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Benco pro street swingaxle Reply with quote

Just wanna give a shout out, to fellow Sambanistas, Benco Racing is the bomb, Had Ben build me a Prostreet swing for my 67' bug,The thing makes the car fly, is quiet, smooth shifting, Quite frankly a QUALITY product!! Turn around time was excellant, shipped safely.. Will be using his product again....Thanx Ben!! You Rock! Need a quality trans??? Call Ben!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elueken3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had Ben rework my 091, fast turn around, great price and it works super.
Callook59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a swingaxle Pro Street flyer from Ben for my 54 oval. Every morning, I get I get in the car, fire up the 2175 turbo at 15psi of boost and beat the snot out of it. I make frequent 120 mile freeway trips, lots of in town cruising and even more banging through the gears. He builds a good Trans and I can't wait to get another one from him, to install in my lowlight Ghia with a 4" bore motor. Thanks Ben!

56 Oval Window 2175 turbo
56 Euro Karmann Ghia
62 Double Cab
70 Bug convertible (my first car)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tomclifton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: benco transaxle Reply with quote

Bought a stock transaxle for my lowered 67 bus from Benco with a 36 month warranty. It arrived and in 12 hours I had it installed and driving. Ben told me my new transmission would be faster, lower RPM and better mileage. It's faster with lower RPM's just like he said. Haven't checked mileage yet. I couldn't be happier with my purchase or the advice I received. I would buy from Benco again.
'69Custom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: benco transaxle Reply with quote

tomclifton wrote:
Bought a stock transaxle for my lowered 67 bus from Benco with a 36 month warranty. It arrived and in 12 hours I had it installed and driving. Ben told me my new transmission would be faster, lower RPM and better mileage. It's faster with lower RPM's just like he said. Haven't checked mileage yet. I couldn't be happier with my purchase or the advice I received. I would buy from Benco again.
I confused. If your new transaxle is stock, where do the improvements come from? We're you running something other than stock previous?

1969 Frankenbug
1965 Ford Mustang
:2gunfire: F-U-M-P!
~"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." ~The Boss
Please excuse any typos as my iPhone doesn't speak English very well. 
tham64 wrote:
Why tune a big round again and again????? For me.... 1 hour will solve the case Cool

www.endlesscustomz.com
Chadd_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Freeway Flyer for my 56 bug from Ben and so far I could not be any happier!! Shifts smooth, it's quiet and you can't beat his warranty! Would not hessitate to buy from Benco again!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jg405i
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: benco Reply with quote

I wish I could say the same. It did shift very good. Had to have a redo on my transmission . All I know is that my 1966 type 1, 1300cc axles sure looking well used and rusted now . Not like the ones I gave him Good Luck . I will move on, will not call him again I all ready feel like a fool.. good luck Ben stuff happens
'69Custom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say it seems impossible to get a build/spec sheet out of him to know exactly what one has in one of his transaxles. That kind of pissed me off because my new transaxle is a complete mystery to me.

1969 Frankenbug
1965 Ford Mustang
:2gunfire: F-U-M-P!
~"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." ~The Boss
Please excuse any typos as my iPhone doesn't speak English very well. 
tham64 wrote:
Why tune a big round again and again????? For me.... 1 hour will solve the case Cool

www.endlesscustomz.com
SoCal Chuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: TEAM BENCO Reply with quote

Benco is an awesome shop with very cool dudes working their. They have done 7 transmissions and 3...hoping for 4 soon, big 2 liter motors for Just Cruzin VW Club and we couldn't be happier. Very knowledgable, friendly, quick turnaround times, and quick to resolve any issue or question. I highly reccommend them!! Tell Ben Just Cruzin sent ya! Cool
pallen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been beating on my Benco built trans for awhile now. Couldn't be happier. Ben also went above and beyond when he threw in at no charge a pair of side gears after he noticed in a pic i posted that mine were broke.

Great price for a quantity built trans! Highly recommended!

Ecotec Street Rail Build > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8146270#8146270
165turbodan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benco has ben building my tranys for years and I could not be happier. From pro street irs in my first Baja to fully loaded main shaft box in my sand rail. He is easy to work with and has the best prices out there. The Benco family sponsored me in my setting of the 165 class world record. nothing but positive from me!!!!!!!!!!
Adam0351
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went into benco yesterday and walked out with a off the shelf freeway flyer, I must say I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I commute 90 miles round trip and cruise at a moderate 60-65 mph, and it was great running the same speed with less rpm, and it shifts nice and smooth. Thanks Ben.
skipster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benco Racing is your 1 stop shop. They do it all...Tranys, service fabrication ext. . I have 2 Benco tranys and they are top quality. I've been recomending them to all my buddies. Thanx Ben
elryano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am personally employed at benco, all of us love and enjoy drivong vws. Its our goal to provide nothin but quailty work and service with everything we do. I have personly worked in a few diffrent shops, and i have now found my home. A place that cares and has pride and a goal to be shop people can trust and know we will go the extra mile for our customers. If there is ever any problems or questions its only a phone call away. Ben or any of us are happy to do whatever we can uto help.
jg405i
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: benco Reply with quote

well I am back Shocked . I won't need a warranty because I tore it down . I told Ben at the very start at what I was in need of in a transmission . I tore down his 3.88:1 pro. after his Second try. .. u should do the same. u will find my good parts in your trans because they are not in mine. I did not have the time to build my transmission so I though I would give him a try . VW things are old but not off the shitty shelf. BEN drill a few more holes in the supper diff so that oil can get to spider gears like this \\ angle at the back of the spider to spider. Angle the center holes for the center that will force feed it in the angle of the hole. do not just rely on the windig thingee. Idea . More oil for better cooling and flushing it out with the incoming 90wt. That is all the free info . That is just getting gear oil to the diff. Only off road Baja proven. I am out . Jaime G. good luck to u all
CaseyPijl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben and his crew are extremely knowledgable, honest, proficient in all aspects of service and repair of VW's, and are really nice guys! They have installed disk brakes on my bus, did front suspension work, installed a 3:44 R&P, and built a smooth 2110cc motor with numerous enhancements! They also installed my safari windows and spent a generous amount of time offering excellent advise. Their pricing is very fair and their work impeccable. They truly are a one stop shop as they can do it all!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: