Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VDO sender units
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitblit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: VDO sender units Reply with quote

I purchased this bug last year and it came with VDO guages.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The head temperature gauge has never worked for me. I suspect the oil pressure gauge may be wildly inaccurate. And the fuel level gauge reads 3/4 full when completely empty.

Should I replace the sender units? If so, can somebody tell me which sender units I need to get? I looked into the oil pressure sender unit and there is a wide selection specifically for VDO gauges. I really would like my temperature gauge to work. Even a ballpark reading would be better than nothing, right now.
supersuk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to do is check your grounds. To verify your Oil pressure gauge, get an inline gauge and compare to your VDO gauge. For the Cylinder head temp gauge, make sure that the sender (it should be a ring that goes under the spark plug for one of the cylinders, preferably #3) is still there and connected. The fuel gauges usually don't work because of a bad ground or wrong sender, most likely a bad ground though.

Look at egauges.com They have all the VDO gauges.
68 Fastback Build: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5396323#5396323
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: