Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brian Hits The Big 200... And An Update...
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopangaWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Brian Hits The Big 200... And An Update... Reply with quote

hi folks
well - brian (the snail) has hit the big 200k whilst out on a gentle spin around the santa monica mountains yesterday! he is running great.
hopefully an update photo is below - finally i got rid of the awful painted flowers (still need to respray the damaged paint below), fitted new shocks and painted the wheels to smarten him up.
just need to fit headlight relays (not sure why i am dreading this), new tent (i'm on the waiting list for PK ateliers) and maybe get some new tires..and we are done. hurrah!
thanks for all the great info here. hugely helpful. i lurk and gaze with envy everyday!
take care folks
tb

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Brian Hits The Big 200... And An Update... Reply with quote

Congrats on your milestone.

TopangaWesty wrote:
...just need to fit headlight relays (not sure why i am dreading this)...

Nothing to dread there. I used the kit from ThatVWBusGuy and it was easy work with a neat appearing result. Other sources are likely fine too though some may require cutting & splicing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: