Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newbie paint color question
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Zodiac-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the back of my glove box door is black, I don't think I have any good samples on mine that I could steal from.

And is goof off too strong? Because I have a bottle of that, I know it works on the glue, but u don't want it to take the markings away.
kman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goof off is mostly acetone. Will wipe those markings right off. Also, my opinion is that it evaporates too quickly for effective glue removal.
-Zodiac-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yepp mine says Olympia - definaty cool. Then there are either two or three letters after the pia I guess that is the guys signature.
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK1969Ghia wrote:
John,
Thanks for the tip!

Mlh...I know my daughter would love it if it turned out to be sunset as she really wants to paint it orange! I had already pulled the "of course it is flat" spare out of the well...hadn't looked behind the washer...no luck there.

I just processed my birth certificate order...so let's hope it comes soon. I am already pretty sure the engine is not original as it is e-550353.

To be honest, we will all still love the car regardless of originality as it is such a cool little car!

Here are my pics:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Don't wait on that birth cert too long. It will take about 7-8 months. I just finally got mine after ordering it last May. There is only one woman in the office doing the searches and she is clearly overwhelmed.

Nice looking car though! My BC says the car was originally Cherry Red and my intention was going with L227 Strato Silver but after receiving my BC we are at a debate again on the Cherry Red vs Strato. Wink

Wives!

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
OK1969Ghia wrote:
...Mlh...I know my daughter would love it if it turned out to be sunset as she really wants to paint it orange!

My BC says the car was originally Cherry Red and my intention was going with L227 Strato Silver but after receiving my BC we are at a debate again on the Cherry Red vs Strato. :wink:

Wives!

If she works on the restoration she gets a say on the colour. How do I know this? My wife told me so. (And she says men don't know the difference between beige and ivory, red and magenta, green and emerald, etc. anyway and that we need help.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: