Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westyseeker - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Westyseeker
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 20, 2022
Vwkrackpot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Westyseeker Reply with quote

I stumbled across Colin on "the samba" selling vanagon parts that I needed, after a few emails we struck a deal and I bought the parts and that's where the problems started. I casually mentioned that I was looking to buy a Westy and couldn't find one that was in my budget or worth the time to fix up and make road worthy. About 5 days later I get a call from Colin saying he was traveling 400 miles round trip to look at one for me!!! Unbelievable somebody that I only talked to on the phone for 30 mins about a window regulator and wanting a westy was making a trip to NJ to make sure that I was getting a good deal! Now I own 4 vans and my girlfriend and son think I'm nuts!
So to sum it up Colin is not only a good seller he became a good friend! And would recommend that you do business with him
alohah3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: awesome service! Reply with quote

the PO sold me a van without any working rear seat belts - Colin came to the rescue! great doing business with Colin. aloha!
bwalk47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Great Service! Reply with quote

Recently purchased some parts from Colin, all in excellent condition and shipping was very fast! Highly Recommend!
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a brown ashtray from Colin for a fair price.
will contact him in the future.
Zebu Fellenz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a hatch for my Vanagon from Colin last night.

He was great to deal with and took the time to do a professional job without cutting wires or losing hardware. Everything was as described, the condition was not exaggerated, and the price was quite fair.

I'll be sure to check with him whenever I need other parts.

Thanks Colin!

-Erik
Kombi///M3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a high beam from Colin.. Fast delivery and very prompt on emails.
Highly recommend.
Cheers,
Ogi
gpmastin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: High beam light Reply with quote

Bought a high beam light from Colin last week. Very honest seller, fast and safe shipping. He has a variety of VW parts. You should hit him up for your VW part needs.

Thanks Colin,

Greg
pierre551
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're lucky this Mister Colin is the opposit of a magician !

1- A magician DOESN'T do what he's saying Sad
2- A magician DOESN'T say what he's doing Confused

The difference with Colin is :

1- Colin DOES do what he's saying Very Happy
2- Colin DOES says what he doing Very Happy

So 5 stars for this guy *****

Thanks Colin

Pierre551
traveller and BUM
Dave Wood Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Great seller, great communication. parts arrived fast Reply with quote

Bought some vents from Colin and they arrived quickly and packed well. Will buy from Colin again.
FG1732
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Feedback for Westyseeker Reply with quote

GreenMachineVW wrote:
Bman wrote:
Well not all is rosy in my humble opinion with Westy Seeker.

I had responded to and ad of Westyseeker (Colin) and asked for photos and description of T3 vent windows; Colin was quick to reply and willing to take more pictures. He sent me some pictures and then some shipping prices, all seemed well, I asked for some more information, but then he would stop responding to my request.

I dropped the interest at the time. A month or so later I emailed Colin and asked if he still had the driver side wing window, and if so how much he wanted for it shipped. He responded and we made a deal. A well packed package arrived, but to my surprise was lacking in what I thought was the agreed upon items.

Now for my own part a bit of this was also my own responsibility that he only sent me the window portion and not the frame and rubber. I thought I was clear that I wanted a whole wing window, frame and all, but I could have mis-communicated. we talked and agreed to straighten the deal out, however it is now 1 month past me getting just the window and Colin has been slow to almost entirely absent from the conversation, to the point where he refuses to respond timely to any further inquires and thus delaying a restoration project I'm working on. I have sent him multiple emails asking for a resumption of the transaction often given him 2-3 days between emails to respond. Even my latest email which was to the point asking him how much he needed to send me the frame and rubber, has gone ignored. I have waited patiently and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, however my frustration has reached its limit and I am now done; I will cut my losses and shop elsewhere.

I understand that Colin is busy and I am not his sole priority, however I feel disrespected as a buyer when no information is forth coming. I am glad he has made others happy in his deals, but in my opinion Colin has a tendency to drop the ball mid way through a deal and he has trouble following through on what he said he was going to do; for this reason I am not willing to do any further business with him.

Without going into further detail, this is pretty much the same experience I received. Insult to injury, my last request to finally get back to me and avoid the feedback forum was answered most unprofessionally, with zero information concerning the parts in question, while telling me not to make idle threats. Idle be not ...

^ Yup....exactly what these guys said.

I mailed this seller payment 10 days ago. In the last 3 days I've emailed several times & called...nothing. After getting paid he vanished like Whodini & all of a sudden doesn't respond like he did before. I was going to give it another week before posting up here due to the fact that I did mail in payment, but I noticed this guy is roaming on Samba daily.

I've been selling parts on TheSamba for almost 10 years, and the number one rule is to get back in a timely manner to those who have paid you for parts. No exceptions.

Even if the parts he sold me magically appeared in my hand as I type this, I still would never purchase from this seller again. My advice to other Samba members is to purchase your parts elsewhere.

Westyseeker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I am at fault on one account. I did not email him to inform him I received payment and shipped parts. But let's look at the facts.
I sold him parts and even gave him 10.00 off one of the items as he asked.
Offered USPS Parcel Post and Priority Mail prices. Informed him I do Pay Pal or USPS Money order. On April 27th he emails me to inform me the funds were sent. He is in San Diego, CA and I am upstate NY. I received the envelope on April 30th to find he actually sent CASH. I shipped the items that day, April 30th, Parcel Post which is what he paid for. 7-10 shipping time. His numerous emails he sent was one on 5/2/13 and another on 5/4/13.As for his numerous phone calls, I never got a missed call or voicemail. Upon my returning home from 3 days of camping I see his feedback. He wrote this on Sunday May 5th, 8 days after he sent payment not 10 as he states. I emailed him and called and left numerous emails trying to talk to him. He responded on Tuesday5/7/13 only with "parts received today",which was 10 days after payment was mailed. Offered him to post here but he hasn't. And I feel to ship and get the parts to the customer in a timely manner is the #1 detail.
And lastly if he bothered to actually read the feedbacks he would have seen the person who wrote the feedback he QOUTES updated there feedback to show we worked it all out. I leave the decision up to you, the reader.
88 Wolfsburg Tin top
Phils 58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: vanagon parts Reply with quote

Found Colin on samba site and emailed about one part and ended up after talking to him on the phone and thru email buying 20 more parts. Laughing Very good seller will buy from gain especially after he delivered the parts to my door with a minimal fee. Thanks again, Phil.
sandcough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Great Service Reply with quote

I have bought a few things from Colin and it is always an easy, trustworthy transaction that got me the parts that I needed. He was a pleasure to deal with and his prices are good.
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a very very nice pair of vent wing for T3 (aka vanagon). The parts were better than the pictures he sent to me.

He shipped parts very fast!
Communication went smooth!

Glad to buy parts from him! Will do business with him again!

Thanks,
PAT
Thailand
mountainVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my wife would let me, I would save all the vanagons I could find from seeing the crusher. Instead, I will reach out to Colin when I need a part. He seems to have quite a selection! And at a fair price too!! All the stuff I got arrived quickly and was in great shape. He saved the door handle seals and even rekeyed them too. Thanks a lot. Keep rolling in a vanagon
hightop69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great seller. Called up to see if he had a van that I could cut the floor section out of
“Yeah, I got a bus that’s rusted out bring your sawzall and grinder”
I showed up that weekend ,he run a extension cord and said “Cut out what you want. You need anything let me know me casa sue casa”
sevet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased windows and other parts from Colin. Items arrived well packed. I would definitely buy from Colin again.
tsco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Quick turn around, fair price, and extra effort Reply with quote

Found Colin's ad for a pair of radiator brackets that I needed. Not only did he beat the price of another parts dealer I had called, but he got back to me quicker and had them repainted with rust protectant. Overall, great experience, and hoping I might be able to pick up some more parts from him in the future.
J.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Real Vanagon enthusiast Reply with quote

Real Vanagon enthusiast
Let me tell you what a real Vanagon enthusiast is. It is someone who will help a Vanagon driver stay on the road.
I met Colin on The Samba while looking for rear suspension springs for my Vanagon. Since he didn't have the ones I needed he went out of his way (exchanging more than 20 email communications and several calls with me) to put me in touch with someone who had them. He will help Vanagon owners stay on the road even when he doesn't make money, Colin is a real Vanagon enthusiast. Based on my experience I would recommend doing business with Colin.
84westfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Perfect transaction Reply with quote

I purchased some power steering parts from Colin. He was very helpful, offered additional pictures of the items, communicated promptly, and shipped the items very quickly. The items were exactly as listed/described. I would definitely buy parts from him again. Thank you! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: