Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Duplicolor Matte Black over Chrome Wheels
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Duplicolor Matte Black over Chrome Wheels Reply with quote

I thought I would report that I recently used the Duplicolor adhesion promoter and paint over chrome steel wheels and they turned out nice. They look like I bought them that way and seem durable.
I cleaned them with TSP (Tri-Sodium- Phosphate) and a scuff pad then used the adhesion promoter in the can. Waited 10 minutes and sprayed them with the matching Matte Black paint. All 6 trailer wheels turned out great.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Duplicolor Matte Black over Chrome Wheels Reply with quote

how did it last?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: