Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1915cc to 2109 thoughts...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KopfenJager
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2109 has 9.5 to 1cr, 044 CNC rounports 40x35.5, 44IDF's, and I'm running a eagle 2246 cam. 314adv dur and 260@ .050 .577 lift with 1.4 ratio rockers. If I wasnt hillclimbing in the dunes I would keep it. Lots of power above 3K and will pull 6500rpm in first going up sand dunes. I can also lug it up the dunes in second at 2k, but it won't gain any rpm, just sits at 2k. So I need something with a little more low end. This in a baja with a 4.86r/p and STU 16.50 paddle tires wich sits about 31" high with 3.5lbs of air. This engine in a street bug would absolutly scream, I have no doubt.
Aruba1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the 92P17 are forged pistons. How can I tell?

I have a set of them but I am thinking about selling them and get a set of stroker pistons and go with 94s.
Henry-74-super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: correct piston ring size Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes hi, my name is henry and im rebuilding a 1600cc engine alone. so therefor i have come across some bumps. i have a 74 super bug with a 1600cc engine im trying to buy new piston rings for mahle 92p17 pistons. what size rings fit the pistons ? 85.5mm, 90mm, 92mm, 94mm? Very Happy
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really the right place to ask that, but I see the search function got you here, so I guess it's ok.

I do not think that is a good part number. Mahle pistons have the size stamped on top the piston. Clean the top and look there. Then measure the width of the rings also. Most are 2mm width top and second ring but there are a few different sizes you will see for sale. Don't buy the wrong one!
Henry-74-super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: