Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its true, VW didnt start the plaid seats till 74 in the US market. But here is the kicker. Fiber Form boats out of Spokane WA was using the same plaid in boats since 72. So technically it was available in 73 Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that plaid material is cloth, it is probly printed vinyl because the cusions would absorb to much moisture if it was the same as bus cushions.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
I don't think that plaid material is cloth, it is probly printed vinyl because the cusions would absorb to much moisture if it was the same as bus cushions.

Red, I took those pics myself Wink I sat on the stuff, ran my hands over it and put my balls on it. Its the same stuff brother Laughing

It also has lots of shared camper stuff seen in Rivis and Sportsmobile.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chazz79 wrote:
The blue green plaid really brings the room together. I have it in my bus and I don't think vw could've picked a better color combo.

The stuff is crazy expensive though. I need to buy more to cover my riviera top bunk but it's just not ranked high on the list of thigs to do.

Anyone ever thought we need a mascot as mysterious as the wild westerner? You know like dodge had the road runner themed ride in the seventies and such. I'd be fine with a gun shooting Yosemite Sam in some brightly colored hot pants matching the theme.. ..... Sure, I'd rather explain my bus was built for gay cowboys than tell another kid it isn't friggin scooby doo. I'm fine with smiles and waves but cringe every time someone yells "scooby doo" when I roll by. I feel like keeping a bag of rocks next to me lately when I'm driving just to chuck at people. Scooby doo was teal. Teal dammit.

I had forgotten it had been done before!

Good to see it in action.

I get the Scooby Doo thing (though I do own a Great Dane, so I probably get it even more!) but I'm not sure about a gay cowboy. ha ha

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:

Red, I took those pics myself Wink I sat on the stuff, ran my hands over it and put my balls on it. Its the same stuff brother Laughing

It also has lots of shared camper stuff seen in Rivis and Sportsmobile.

Jason, if that boat was for sale and you didn't buy it, then shame on you! Ha ha, I've seen those pics somewhere else in the Bay forum and it is pretty sweet.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
chazz79 wrote:
The blue green plaid really brings the room together. I have it in my bus and I don't think vw could've picked a better color combo.

The stuff is crazy expensive though. I need to buy more to cover my riviera top bunk but it's just not ranked high on the list of thigs to do.

Anyone ever thought we need a mascot as mysterious as the wild westerner? You know like dodge had the road runner themed ride in the seventies and such. I'd be fine with a gun shooting Yosemite Sam in some brightly colored hot pants matching the theme.. ..... Sure, I'd rather explain my bus was built for gay cowboys than tell another kid it isn't friggin scooby doo. I'm fine with smiles and waves but cringe every time someone yells "scooby doo" when I roll by. I feel like keeping a bag of rocks next to me lately when I'm driving just to chuck at people. Scooby doo was teal. Teal dammit.

I had forgotten it had been done before!

Good to see it in action.

I get the Scooby Doo thing (though I do own a Great Dane, so I probably get it even more!) but I'm not sure about a gay cowboy. ha ha

I thought that would be a funnier way out of explaining it than reality. You couldn't label the bus seriously and have anyone get it. Would you buy John Wayne on a horse strolling off into the sunset with wild westerner spelled out in lasso rope under it? How bout the Marlboro man or even John-boy Cartwright.

Nope I'm not seeing any serious cowboys fitting the theme.

Put Yosemite Sam in some spanks with two guns a blazin' maybe even have him on roller skates. That would make as much sense as everything else.

Sometimes when a mystery can't be solved you just want to add more mystery to it, like crop circles and such.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think a mascot would be a cool addition...

I just realized something....

There are two groups called The Swinging Medallions a West Coast Group and a East Coast group.

The West Coast Swinging Medallions are based out of Seattle and are now well known for being rubbed across Blue Plaid Seats.

The East Coast Swinging Medallions are a one hit wonder from greenwood, SC...
The song Double Shot of my Baby's Love...

Which makes me wonder if the West Coast Swinging Medallions are a one shot wonder as well..

We report u Decide.

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Douglass Texas WW that sold and slipped across the Border.

The new Owner is a Pet Doctor and goes by the name Tito.

He calls it The Scooby Doo Van... Razz

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Yes I think a mascot would be a cool addition...

I just realized something....

There are two groups called The Swinging Medallions a West Coast Group and a East Coast group.

The West Coast Swinging Medallions are based out of Seattle and are now well known for being rubbed across Blue Plaid Seats.

The East Coast Swinging Medallions are a one hit wonder from greenwood, SC...
The song Double Shot of my Baby's Love...

Which makes me wonder if the West Coast Swinging Medallions are a one shot wonder as well..

We report u Decide.

Didn't The Swinging Medallions have a hit called - "Dont step on the jewels of love" ? Or was it "Sack draggin derby"? Think Any who.....

The pics of that boat were take for an ad I posted for a friend - his dads old boat bought new - inherited by my friend. Hell if I lived in Hawaii or really loved the water around here, Id be all over it because it is fricken cool. But I have plenty of other things I could throw money at.

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

If anyone is interested - Its cheap. Like less than 2k cheap? I think it should be parked out back of Bill's house on the doc as a purchase incentive for the home Wink

Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
I think it should be parked out back of Bill's house on the doc as a purchase incentive for the home Wink

I second that motion and request a revision to the motion to throw in a pontoon boat too, just cause I like'em.
gooch21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: New Member to WW family Reply with quote

Hello All,

Found this forum while searching Wild Westerner so I thought I would share my recent purchase. I bought a Wild Westerner in Denver, Colorado about a month ago from Joe's Cool Cars. Vin#2232205005

The thing I find unique is this one has a factory bench front seat. Anybody seen or have one with a front bench seat?

Just thought I would share and show my appreciation of this forum.

CG

sunnydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member to WW family Reply with quote

gooch21 wrote:
Hello All,

Found this forum while searching Wild Westerner so I thought I would share my recent purchase. I bought a Wild Westerner in Denver, Colorado about a month ago from Joe's Cool Cars. Vin#2232205005

The thing I find unique is this one has a factory bench front seat. Anybody seen or have one with a front bench seat?

Just thought I would share and show my appreciation of this forum.

CG

Welcome! That is a beauty. I saw that adverts for that one and also and an eBay listing. It is also already in the list and noted as a bench seat. That's the save that redwagon found.
sunnydog
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find. It really looks tight and solid.

Enjoy!
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics from today Darlington, SC

Nils888
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: No color change for the WW Reply with quote

[img]
[/img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1256555.jpg[img]

Well!!! I found another bus for the six cylinder project. The WW has a new
home rite down the street. It will be getting a fresh green paint job new engine and transmission and plaid green and blue interior. Cool
So Bob can relax!!!!!! LOLOL!!!
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Thank You Cuz

And I speak for all the Bobs On this forum... Very Happy

Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:

LOVE that surf board! While not in a "western" theme it ties up that look wonderfully Smile
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&a...mp;alt=web
Here's a hightop camper wild westerner
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that one is not far from me....Have tried to contact owner previously with no success .

Apparently, someone with Volkswagen saw the surfboard on facebook and sent an email. We responded by inviting them to this forum, maybe this will be the break we need to get some answers.

I thinking we should have different divisions with different mascots.
For example:
Surfing Division
Mountain or ski division
Tornado Alley Division.
or whatever blows your skirt up division.
Each owner can pick the division they wish to be in no matter where they are located. Or maybe each can choose there own theme.. But don't change The Exterior Color Very Happy
Notchbouy, i have not forgotten abt the boat... Tell ur friend he has inherited a fine vessel, however i feel it should stay on the West Coast becos I'm concerned the property values may decline on the WEST COAST if that boat were to leave your area. Very Happy

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am having difficulty with my pm... Someone let the owner of the Wild Westerner safari on ebay know it may help to state if it has a good title also offer a discount for cash becos paypal will charge him/her 10 percent. ($120.00)

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 84 of 169

Jump to: