Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Washington State Roll-call & GTG Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbotransporter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whining is totally not cool. Crying or Very sad

Are you sure we want this one at a Wet Westies meet Marius? Wink

Last edited by turbotransporter on Thu May 30, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
tiicosyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to see if there was a pulse, figured that would get a few folks riled up Laughing

i look forward to the day i can be as cool as you turbotransporter Rolling Eyes , one day!
luVWagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiicosyncro wrote:
just wanted to see if there was a pulse, figured that would get a few folks riled up Laughing

Sure does seem like the PDX folks have more frequent GTGs and such...
TiicoSyncro - if you like beer, we should start a group that frequents various brew-pubs and such in the Seattle area (at least), with occasional road-trips to other brewing parts of WA... (Bellingham, etc.)

Where's the Beer emoticon?!
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get on the wet westies mailing list (dont like that format but yea) they are on facebook and just check out the calander, http://wetwesties.org/

If anyone should be complaining its me, all vanagonhorny over here and just two vans in town. :p
Vango Conversions
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should have posted here but I thought the car show would be really small ant that there wouldn't be many vanagons.

So there is a little casual car show the last Tuesday of the month 5-8pm May-August at the Baptist church on Bainbridge Island, 4 Subaru converted vans (myself and 3 that I invited) showed up to "circle the wagons" and had a lot of fun. Someone with a very nice 90 westy with 62,000 miles showed up as well. It was great, we did some cooking, attempted to play some hacky sac and were the last to leave!

If anyone is in the area next month you should stop by, it's free although they do accept donations and sell pizza for project backpack. It isn't really affiliated with the church either, they're just nice enough to let some car guys take over their lawn once a month. A very diverse group of cars/trucks/motorcycles so there was something for everyone.
luVWagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplepeopleeater wrote:
Get on the wet westies mailing list (dont like that format but yea) they are on facebook and just check out the calander, http://wetwesties.org/

If anyone should be complaining its me, all vanagonhorny over here and just two vans in town. :p

Yeah, but the two in town are likely the two best in all WA!!! Shocked
Your high top and Hodakaguy's Westy!!!

Last time on wet westies list was awhile back, maybe 5-years, and it was mostly camping GTGs every month or two? Fun, but I also like camping on my own Wink

Recent Marymoor GTG in December was good, but I didn't have my van :'(
turbotransporter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiicosyncro wrote:

i look forward to the day i can be as cool as you turbotransporter Rolling Eyes , one day!

Truth be told, any "cool" I may have acquired came from hanging with Marius, the other awesome WetWesties and Sambanistas or from the Black Butte Porter in my hand.

I've never been a "joiner" or part of a clique, never been competitive, never participated in a group sport or activity, never comfortable in a crowd and never imagined there were people out there that loved their Vanagon/Westfalias/Transporters as much as I love mine.

I bought my first Vanagon in Spring of 1989 while living in rural Maine, (talk about an exclusive club! Laughing) and in the Fall I drove it solo across the country (unknowingly) into the heart of Vanagon Land.

I was blown away by the number of Vanagons rolling around Seattle! And they were giving me more than the one finger salute I had received so many times while tooling (rowing) around the western mountains of Maine. Laughing

The first apartment I rented was in Ballard directly across the street from Carter VW. When I looked down into the street from my apartment window I could see my "precious" and at least half a dozen other Vanagons sleeping nearby. It was then I knew I was "home". Cool

The WW campouts I've attended are really mellow, all inclusive, family friendly group campouts that reaffirm that old adage "you meet the nicest people driving a VW". Folk are welcome to just show up for the day, the evening, the weekend or just grab a bite at the Saturday evening potluck.

Some folks have even arrived on a tow truck, only to be suddenly surrounded by spares and tool boxes then merrily driven away under their own power the next day.

Thanks for reviving this GTG thread! You've "riled" Nolan VanGo and that's really something! Dancing

Where and when do you wanna meet? I'll bring an extra bottle or two of "cool". Cool
turbotransporter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-Lo's 15th Street Café annual VW Social is just 12 days away.

"Open Invite to all VW owners and friends"

Date: July 13th 2013

Time: 11am to 4pm

"Air-Cooled, Water, Stock, Custom"

"Meet, Greet, Admire, Converse"

Live music from the Scott Pemberton Trio

Check out their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hi-Los-15th-Street-Cafe/210683967208
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going to the shorline show? (aka vintagemeet)
mariusstrom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplepeopleeater wrote:
Anyone going to the shorline show? (aka vintagemeet)

I'm gonna miss vintagemeet this year. It keeps occurring on my wedding anniversary, and I promised my wife that we won't do a VW show this year. Neutral
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anywhere to camp close by?
mariusstrom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/events/424173427701214/

Seattle Bus Gathering - August 18 @ 5:00pm, Marymoor Park in Redmond.
nwester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from PDX to the Kelso/Longview, WA area earlier this year, and I feel like we have the only vanagon/westy in the area. Oh sure, I see them loaded up driving through as they head to the coast, but I haven't seen any that appear to be local. We're not far from PDX (45 min), but it makes a difference. Any other vanagon folks in this area?
alnvilma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any WA events coming up?
I'm in PDX but yearning to head north and see something different.
turbotransporter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WetWesties are gathering at Dosewallips State Park this weekend.

From the host, Larry Pauls:

Dosewallips SP - 306996 Highway 101 Brinnon, WA 98320

Join us for the second annual Puget Sound version of the Wetwesties Reunion held 1 week later in Union OR. We think that if anyone wants to stay over Sunday night the site should be available

Last year 28 vans from Canada, Washington and Oregon gathered and we had a fine time reconnecting with old friends and new. This was by far the largest gathering of the Puget Sound are Wetwesties.

We always welcome the newbies and lurkers.

For much of the year Hood Canal is wet and grey, but late August is prime time for visiting this jewel of an area. If you can plan an extended trip you can take advantage of the Olympic National Park and the many recreational opportunities.

Dosewallips State Park is a 425-acre, year-round camping park with 5,500 feet of saltwater shoreline on Hood Canal and 5,400 feet of freshwater shoreline on either side of the Dosewallips River. The park is unique in that it offers both freshwater and saltwater activities. All camp areas are grassy and located in scenic, rustic settings. Last year's clear skies and spectacular weather allowed many to walk to the waterfront on Hood Canal and see the mountains. It's a great site for biking thru the park.

We camp in Group Camp 1 (Meadow Camp) which is - as named - a large meadow that easily held the 28 vans - we could have accommodated 60 vans. There is a big campfire pit, a covered eating area, several picnic tables and a barbeque. Water and primitive toilets are available. Flush toilets and hot showers are elsewhere in the park within walking distance. A trailhead and the Dosewallips River are easily accessible.

Distance from Seattle is 125 miles via the Tacoma Narrow Bridge, Port Orchard and then North over the Hood Canal Bridge - or - 135 miles going thru Olympia and then north to the southern tip of the Hood Canal. The shortest drive is via the Edmonds Ferry and is 68 miles over the Hood Canal Bridge. Portlanders have and easy 110 miles up I-5 to Olympia then another 62 miles along Highway 110 up the beautiful drive along Hood Canal. For Shelton, Port Orchard, Pt Townsend , etc this is in your back yard.

Potluck is Saturday evening. As always bring firewood for the group campfire. THE BURN BAN IS OFF

Contact is Larry Pauls –
mariusstrom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the Dosewallips campout this weekend, looking forward to the get together!
Gr8White
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not alone nwester! I also live in Kelso. Gidget stays indoors most of the year and only comes out when it's nice. She's definitely spoiled. If you'd like to get together for a beer at the house and let them meet, let me know.

For everyone else... If it ever got to the point where we all wanted to try and have a gtg (PDXers, wet westies and anyone else) but without the camping, there is a large park (Riverside Park) just off of exit 42 on I-5. Not quite half way between everyone, but close. There would be enough parking for everyone, jungle gyms for the kids, fields for the dogs to run and even a couple of geocaches if you're into that.
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget about volksfest in Yakima (Moxee) drag races on the 13th, campout in the park 14th Dave manning will be there entertaining and the show and swap is on the 15th.

Campout is always fun!
VWaddict01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksfest was awesome!! Had a great time and met a lot of cool people. I even picked up one of those neat homemade awards at the show with my 77 Dasher wagon. I'll be bringing my T3 next year!

On a side note is anyone going to the Wet Westies campout this weekend at the Cove resort on Fish lake??? 9/20 - 9/22
2014 Jetta
(Searching for the next air-cooled project)
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your dasher was awesome!

I had the hightop and rabbit goodies forsale.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: