Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so today I hit the back arrow and it just locked up and would not let me go anywhere. It does this occasionally to me but sorts itself out eventually. This time for a test I opened a new window and the site came up in it while the old window was still locked up? I fianally closed it as this went on for over 5 minutes Confused
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a web browser issue.
My computer does this from time to time too - either the browser or the entire computer will lock and I just have to wait.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past few days I've got logged out frequently from thesamba.com although I've selected the "Keep me logged in" checkbox when I log in. This is happening on two computers, Windows PC and a Mac, so it is not related to my computer. I'm using Chrome on both of them though. Any ideas? It is quite annoying as this happens so frequently. Today already three times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally with one computer I would say clear your cookies but with 2 different ones I am not sure.

The only time I have had the "constant logging out" happen is when there was a problem with my internet service and it was dropping the connection every few minutes and re-assigning me a new IP address. The site didn't like that. Almost every site I tried to use logged me out too, not just this one.

Maybe other people have some input.

A couple older threads that may or may not help:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=572997
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405665
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it can be a cookie issue because it is occurring with two separate computers, but I've now removed all the cookies from thesamba.com to try.

The IP address changes every now and then on this computer, but the other one has had the same IP address for years already so I don't think it has anything to do with that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a cookie issue: Happened again, even though I removed the cookies some 2 hours ago.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh... we are all so spoiled.. Laughing

We all just need to be thankful ... even with a few lags and time outs... its still a far FAR.. improvement from Hot Vw's, Vw Trends, JC Whitney and Rocky Mountain Motorworks Catalogs..

Everett, Thanks for all you and Jen do to keep our hobby and addiction going..

Now about the...... Wink
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diotapio wrote:
I don't think it can be a cookie issue because it is occurring with two separate computers, but I've now removed all the cookies from thesamba.com to try.

The IP address changes every now and then on this computer, but the other one has had the same IP address for years already so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Is it logging you out while you are using the site or just when you close your browser?

If it's logging you out when you close your browser then you may have some tool that is blocking or clearing things when you close the browser

Other than that I do not know, I got the above by searching on Google for things like "chrome logs me out of web sites"
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logout happens without closing my browser, or even closing a tab in my browser. Yesterday evening it happened when I refreshed a page with my Mac, just about 2 hours after I had logged in after clearing the cookies. However, on my Windows PC I have remained logged in overnight.

I don't have any browser add-ons or other tools on these two computers which could affect this. Chrome was updated a week ago on both of these computers though, so it is a possible reason for the problems. I've done some googling too, but haven't found anything relevant this far.

And please don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining at all, I'm just trying to find a solution to this. TheSamba.com is an excellent resource and very well maintained, I don't think I've seen this big forum that would be even close to what this forum is.
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logout issue is still happening, although less frequently now for some reason. The last three logouts have happened after I've opened the index page for split beetle forum (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=35), followed by opening the barndoor forum (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=40) soon after opening the split one.
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My exploration of this odd sign-out case continues. It reproduces on at least two computers (Dell running Windows 7 and Mac PowerBook running OSX 10.10) and two different browsers (Safari and Chrome on Mac, Chrome on Windows - but I haven't tried other browsers on Windows).

However, it is clearly tied to opening the barndoor forum (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=40) with a direct link from bookmarks or from a separate web page to it. Opening that link doesn't trigger the logout always, but maybe 1/5 of the times I open that link results to logout.

If I go elsewhere in the site first and navigate within www.thesamba.com to the barndoor forum, I cannot reproduce the behavior.

It might be that this issue has existed already for a long time. I put a direct link to the barndoor forum on my private link list only recently and I think this problem started to appear after only that.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing different about the Barndoor Forum.

I have a direct link to every Forum in Chrome on Windows and loading any of them here does not log me out.
I regularly load them all at once inside Chrome.

This is true of both of the computers we have here.
One is Windows 7, one is Windows 8.1

You may want to try directly linking to another Forum section to see if it's just Barndoor for you or any section, although I am not sure what information this will provide.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I got a spate of Cloudflare 522 errors this morning.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you beat me to posting.

Totally my fault, I was altering something and it overloaded the site off and on for a short period.
diotapio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more post about the logout thing: I've now been testing with direct links to various different forums for a week. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue a single time although I've been opening most of the forums probably 100 times. This morning I now tried for the first time in a week to open direct link to the Barndoor forum and got logged out immediately. This is on a Mac with latest OSX and newest Chrome. No add-ons, practically default settings for everything. My Windows PC at work is more customized but I've been doing this excercise on that one as well and it seems to behave exactly the same way.

I can certainly live without direct link to the Barndoor forum and no need to investigate this further. ... But I cannot help that the old computer nerd in me is quite curious what could be causing this behavior Wink I'll probably start to sniff the actual network traffic to see what really is transmitted and if that explains the behavior in some way.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it.
I'm interested to know why just that Forum.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it helpful to post when the cloudflare errors happen?

I got one tonight around 10pm west coast time.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's fine - I can look up things in the logs.

I knew about the thing at 10PM, I was changing something internally to ban some scammers.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this one this evening:

Quote:
504 Gateway Time-out
cloudflare-nginx

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get any notifications but I will check things out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: