Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

No Dough Weekend 2013/Bulli Brigade spring meet 4/13-14
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just want to know if I should be booking room accomodations in daytona for friday and saturday night or if friday should be about 45 minutes north.......
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tony Ahrens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: spring bulli Reply with quote

Nova campground!!!
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes nova for saturday but not friday if the bulli spring meet is north.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delux68 wrote:
Stevo Wide 5 wrote:
delux68 wrote:
Yippie! another bus show that excludes bay windows. thanks for making us feel welcome.

No dough doesn't exclude bay windows! Everybody is welcome!!

i didn't say that. the split bus only bulli event on Saturday that is part of "No Dough" weekend is what i was talking about.

Looks like it may be time for the Bay Pride Nation to get together and have a "No splits allowed" show. Laughing Don't worry we won't be offended.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BulletBus wrote:

Looks like it may be time for the Bay Pride Nation to get together and have a "No split heads allowed" show. Laughing Don't worry we won't be offended.

You guys are tough as nails wouldn't think you would be offended. Hell, at least you let Bays into the visitor parking lots. I may be split curious, I want to see what split smells like. My split don't stink. Wink I think a Baywindow show would be cool. It's just when and where (or is that wash and wear?).
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

Looks like it may be time for the Bay Pride Nation to get together and have a "No split heads allowed" show. Laughing Don't worry we won't be offended.

You guys are tough as nails wouldn't think you would be offended. Hell, at least you let Bays into the visitor parking lots. I may be split curious, I want to see what split smells like. My split don't stink. Wink I think a Baywindow show would be cool. It's just when and where (or is that wash and wear?).
Well, Babysnakes I got your message. If your down to organize it you can line up all the bays at No Dough. I'll need to save a spot big enough.
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

Well, Babysnakes I got your message. If your down to organize it you can line up all the bays at No Dough. I'll need to save a spot big enough.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NDBS is just perfect. Both camps getting together intermingled. I thought last years show was a blast and am looking forward to '13. A separate Baywindow show at a different time and place seems like a nice idea. No need to F with something that works .
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
yes nova for Saturday but not Friday if the bulli spring meet is north.

Mike , Correct. We will have to get more info for a campground up north. I hope we find one that will let people enjoy alcoholic beverages! Very Happy
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
delux68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BulletBus wrote:
delux68 wrote:
Stevo Wide 5 wrote:
delux68 wrote:
Yippie! another bus show that excludes bay windows. thanks for making us feel welcome.

No dough doesn't exclude bay windows! Everybody is welcome!!

i didn't say that. the split bus only bulli event on Saturday that is part of "No Dough" weekend is what i was talking about.

Looks like it may be time for the Bay Pride Nation to get together and have a "No splits allowed" show. Laughing Don't worry we won't be offended.

don't lump me in with the bay pride alliance with all their disgusting innuendos.

I have had my 68 bus for about 15 years and love it but quite frankly, i think a bay only show sounds boring. what I would like to see is a bus show that includes split and bay window busses. It's pretty ridiculous that this hasn't evolved to include ALL busses.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have had my 68 bus for about 15 years and love it but quite frankly, i think a bay only show sounds boring. what I would like to see is a bus show that includes split and bay window busses. It's pretty ridiculous that this hasn't evolved to include ALL busses.

Does it sound more boring than an all Splitty show? The Bulli get together and the Bay get together are the day before No Dough. NDBS is all buses together, and it is quite kick ass. Not to mention all the other ACVW's on the other side of the lake.
volksgroove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can count the.dub.lab in... we will be contacting you guys to secure a vendor spot... hope we can fit a few rides in there also...

this is by far my favorite event every year... can't wait... and good move to make beach day on Saturday, and show on Sunday... should be lots more dubs on the beach!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
delux68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Quote:

Does it sound more boring than an all Splitty show? The Bulli get together and the Bay get together are the day before No Dough. NDBS is all buses together, and it is quite kick ass. Not to mention all the other ACVW's on the other side of the lake.

yes it does. Yes I know that the segregated bus shows are before NDBS, and that NDBS includes all vw's around the lake.
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Rodney King said....."can't we all just get along?" Sunday at the main show will be split and bay parking on one side and an all aircooled section on the other side just like last year. Bulli will be split only on Saturday at a location which will be announced soon. Anyone wishing not to go to Bulli, we have a beach gathering on the beach just east of the show site. Everyone will have something to do and at your pace. Were trying to put together a non rushed weekend thats affordable for all. Very Happy
daltondragger73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!

I think a chance for Bays to have a thing going on, Splits to have a thing going on, and an event on the beach for everyone, and another day to be all together is the most wonderfull idea, You cant describe a VW weekend any better than that, and to add that it'll all be affordable!!!!

NDBS Cant F****** Wait Laughing

there fixed it

Chip Fuchs wrote:
How about Medium size for the smaller ones amongst us??? As you know most fat chicks are being ridden by skinny guys!!!!

Last edited by daltondragger73 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
delux68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wide5guy wrote:
Like Rodney King said....."can't we all just get along?"

Apparently no we cant, if we could, bay window busses would be allowed to participate in the "Bulli Brigade".
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delux68 wrote:
wide5guy wrote:
Like Rodney King said....."can't we all just get along?"

Apparently no we cant, if we could, bay window busses would be allowed to participate in the "Bulli Brigade".

Just let it go. Bulli Brigade should not change and there is growing support of the Baywindow rally. This thread should turn back into a discussion about people interested in the titled events.
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for wanting an all bus show on No Dough Weekend. I thought it only fair to respond to your request. Bulli Brigade was created in 1993 pre internet, which also means pre-samba. The premise behind Bulli Brigade was not to be exclusionary, but to have a Bus meet where like minded enthusiasts could gather to show their split buses and provide a market place to buy and sell spare parts to keep your buses on the road. That's it, plain and simple...It's still run under the same premise and is the oldest split bus show of its kind. The Bulli Brigade Fall meet will continue as it has since 1993 and in 2013 will be the first year of the Bulli Brigade Spring Meet. We are excited to be a part of the No Dough weekend and look forward to announcing a location in the next few weeks.

Mark

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vanagon will be right outside by the baseball field, you're welcome to park next to me Laughing

delux68 wrote:

'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteveVanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomasz wrote:
my vanagon will be right outside by the baseball field, you're welcome to park next to me Laughing

delux68 wrote:

Shoot, Not me, I'm gonna try and get right up in the middle of it all Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: