Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1971 squareback F.I. Slow to start
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat griffith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Looking for advice Reply with quote

Still working on this thing. Car starts fine when cold . Will start right up after driving. let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and it wont start. Blipping the ignition to tbuild pressure dosent help. Injectors have been cleanded and tested. I have checked and they are not leaking. I replaced head temp sensor with a NOS one. It will start again but takes several tries. I hate to sit there and keep cranking the starter. I have swapped out fuel pump and it made no difference.
fuel pressure set at 28. Adjusted TVS. Replaced the pressure sensor with a known good one...same problem. At first this problem would only happen after a 30 minute drive. It now seems to happen after a 10 minute drive. Everthing is tuned right. Theres got to be a answer. Any FI experts in the Los Angles area?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: