Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Why I like Van-Cafe: Now with flying spaghetti monster!
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I like Van-Cafe: Now with flying spaghetti monster! Reply with quote

Van Café is the best Ca. to Ct. shipping in 3 days, never got any art but I enjoy seeing others.
Jake59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I like Van-Cafe: Now with flying spaghetti monster! Reply with quote

I had my 2.1 rebuilt earlier this summer by NWCR, and while it was out I decided to splurge on a bunch of stuff including new fuel lines, radiator, and lots of S/S. Including S/S Cooling lines, lower cross tube, pump to thermostat tube, junction tube, plus the cherry on top (or was that bottom?) was to be Chris Corking’s tuned S/S exhaust. This was shown on VC’s web site at the start of their engine mechanical page but sadly I was informed that they did not carry it. Sad But after placing this substantial VC order Peter goes out of his way and allows me to order through VC and having it drop shipped from RMW to me. I got cookies with every box and a beautiful Westy calendar from RMW. God I love our Vanagon community, and the parts houses like VC, NWCR and RMW that feed our lust for ever more vanagon paraphernalia. Again Peter gave me absolutely the best of service and has made me a loyal VC customer

Past Rides: 62 (23 window) Bus, 64 Ghai convertable, 68 single cab, 72 Super Bettle, 78 Bay window Bus, 84 GTI.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I like Van-Cafe: Now with flying spaghetti monster! Reply with quote

This is hilarious! The Spaghetti cult is formalizing. In a few years there will be believers splitting off because the leadership is not following the "true" faith, etc. I'm a Christian, and I have a sense of humor about the ways our gummint is mishandling the whole religion thing and it is funny watching them get trapped like this in their lack of foresight. Hah!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/14/pastafarian-w...cmp=hplnws
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
juanb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is us driving to South America:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late entry from a recent order...already on display up in the garage...

My request: "Band Van rockin down the highway"...the result:

Rock on!

Cool

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaraBlacksheep wrote:
If soft cookies are wrong, I don't wanna be right...

I sure liked the original tune. Brought back some fond memories.Nice play on wording. Laughing
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an order with a competitor first thing on a Monday hoping to have the parts in hand by Friday so I could use the weekend to install the parts. We'll, Friday comes and I get a package with some other guy's stuff. The vendor sent another package out and that didn't have my full order and no explanation of when or if the rest of the order would come. D'oh, I knew I should have ordered from VC. They're shipping us like clock work. Even if I rarely get a cookie or artwork(maybe they have something against my geographic location?).
The point is VC is worth it for their shipping.
Alex Proulx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah love the cookies too, feels like I'm ordering cookies now and getting complimentary parts along. When I get an order I always dig through the box to find the cookie first like a kid looking for the surprise in a cereal box. When I finally find it I stick it up in the air and my wife says "oh the Van Cafe?". Keep forgetting to ask for art though, it looks so cool I must remember for the next order.
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered many things from VC in the past, I didn't think it was as many as others. When I ordered items today, Peter answered the phone and remembered me and remembered my profession and we had a great conversation. I really like ordering from a company that remembers me, makes me feel good about spending money on small businesses.
Thanks Van-cafe!!!
I'm looking forward to my order and the cookies!
Tony
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RaraBlacksheep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to be able to do it in that time frame unfortunately, machine is booked up next week, plus I haven't tested it yet (been so busy here I hung the awning and haven't even unzipped the cover yet). Unless the material somehow fails I don't think there will be a problem, but if there is we are talking about a considerable amount of damage that could be done.
IronBenderII
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaraBlacksheep wrote:

Careful - I just got those for my '82 and they don't fit the gutter properly (early vans had some variance in the rain gutters). You'll either have to cut the van and/or hack up the brackets. Let me know if it doesn't work out - I actually made up a fix for this that I am testing and it would be interesting to have someone else try it out.

Yeah, mine don't fit on my c-channel rain gutters (as expected). I was going to hack up their brackets a bit but I like your solution and would be interested in giving them a try. I'm planning on leaving for a trip in a week and want to have the awning installed. Can I paypal you some $$? PM me...

Jack
FIRST Robotics Coach - #3859 (Wolfpack Robotics) http://www.twitter.com/wprobotics

'82 Diesel Westfalia with an 1Z TDI, Peloquin, GW 1.5" lift springs, 27" BFG ATs

'75 Bronco with 408 stroker, 40" MTRs, ARB/Dana 60 front/rear, all home built.

And my kid has a really cool baja bug Smile
RaraBlacksheep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBenderII wrote:
I'm a new owner and after reading this post I thought I'd give them a try. I ordered a set of awning brackets at about 3:30. I was kicking myself for not getting the order in early and maybe missing the weekend. Well, at 8:30 this morning my doorbell rings. At my door is a little box from Van Cafe! Crazy! Brackets look really nice, I can't wait to get my awning on! Thanks VC!

Jack

Careful - I just got those for my '82 and they don't fit the gutter properly (early vans had some variance in the rain gutters). You'll either have to cut the van and/or hack up the brackets. Let me know if it doesn't work out - I actually made up a fix for this that I am testing and it would be interesting to have someone else try it out.

doctorsemaphore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Van Cafe is just awesome! Reply with quote

I was contacted by them that the third brake lights I ordered had to be placed on back-order, and with the rest of my small order (some locker vacuum bits for my project $yncro) arrived with two cookies! Not a big thing...but makes you feel a bit special! Huh, come to think of it, I've been eating a lot more cookies since I embarked on this $yncro!?
Seangerhardt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from having them fix my suspension... and while I didn't get any cookies, they did save me at least $500 on the job... so now I can buy my own cookies. Smile

Whoso would be a man must be a non-conformist. -Emerson
IronBenderII
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a new owner and after reading this post I thought I'd give them a try. I ordered a set of awning brackets at about 3:30. I was kicking myself for not getting the order in early and maybe missing the weekend. Well, at 8:30 this morning my doorbell rings. At my door is a little box from Van Cafe! Crazy! Brackets look really nice, I can't wait to get my awning on! Thanks VC!

Jack
FIRST Robotics Coach - #3859 (Wolfpack Robotics) http://www.twitter.com/wprobotics

'82 Diesel Westfalia with an 1Z TDI, Peloquin, GW 1.5" lift springs, 27" BFG ATs

'75 Bronco with 408 stroker, 40" MTRs, ARB/Dana 60 front/rear, all home built.

And my kid has a really cool baja bug Smile
70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two cookies with my small order. Thank you Van Cafe.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338946&highlight=
70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer
RaraBlacksheep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:

You can fix dried out cookies (bread, pastries, etc.) by giving them a short zap in the microwave. They come out just like fresh baked. Wink

Unfortunately it's out of order - I just had to take one for the team. I believe I was out of milk too; the memory is foggy from such an intense and stressful situation I guess! Laughing
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaraBlacksheep wrote:

I'm with you all the way.

You can fix dried out cookies (bread, pastries, etc.) by giving them a short zap in the microwave. They come out just like fresh baked. Wink
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all should visit Santa Cruz.
You get your Pacific Avenue Cookie Company cookies, and walk down the street to Santa Cruz Coffee Roasters for a coffee to dunk them in!
Ahhh, memories!
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RaraBlacksheep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: