Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is the Joker van worth more?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
jettajet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jettajet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdikindaguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my baby!

I didn't switch over because it still had Ontario insurance and my DL was there, ect.

I am a student out here, it would have passed no problems with only the mirror needing to be replaced (cyclist likely smashed it going by one day). From what I remember that came out of the inspection, that was all..

How is she holding up??? It's funny when I see these pictures, I really start to miss it! I am glad you are enjoying it though Smile
jettajet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: 1987 westfalia joker 3 Reply with quote

I'm kayaking and boating now, thinking of selling the beloved Westy if anyone is interested in seeing her. Everything works.
1987 1.6l turbo diesel
205,000 km
Perfect travel camping vehicle.
Located in Nanaimo, bc
jettajet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is for sale! Located in Nanaimo, BC, see my ad and photos in the classifieds.
decreed_it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

Another Joker up for sale:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1924611

IF a faithfully represented van in as good a condition as implied (big IFs) - maybe an OK deal?

The Syncro Westy has become crazy nuts expensive (to me at least).

Would be curious what y'all think about this one . . .
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

Looks like its in great shape. It seems like a funny combo though ~ but I don't know what Euro specs were for an '89. I thought they stopped doing Ivory paint in 1986, and have always seen it with a brown interior. It does have the insulated windows, which was Joker spec.

I've been priced out of syncros for several years now. Took awhile to admit it to myself, but way too much money for a hobby now. Unless you're loaded, then its a fun playground.
decreed_it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:
Looks like its in great shape. It seems like a funny combo though ~ but I don't know what Euro specs were for an '89. I thought they stopped doing Ivory paint in 1986, and have always seen it with a brown interior. It does have the insulated windows, which was Joker spec.

I've been priced out of syncros for several years now. Took awhile to admit it to myself, but way too much money for a hobby now. Unless you're loaded, then its a fun playground.

This isn't a Joker? Wut?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-SYN...1848345783

Diesel Euro Syncro 5 spd - with no syncro control/display on the dash? I'm confused . . .
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

I don't see the usual Joker features on the red one, but I'm no expert.

The dash controls are actuators for lockers. Many a syncro out there without them.
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

the inter on the red one is wrong for it's yr, more like 83-84 maybe there was a swap or a paint job Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
decreed_it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

the joker wrote:
the inter on the red one is wrong for it's yr, more like 83-84 maybe there was a swap or a paint job Cool

yeah there's a certain sketch factor about this one . . .

VIN says '89 - and it's a Euro/German one? I'd think the interior would be waaaaaay newer looking too.

WV2ZZZ25ZKG112232
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

there is a lot of ZZZZZZ's in my Vin # and it's a 84 joker beige inter thermal windows etc. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

ZZZ in the VIN indicates it is a european model.

The NJ seller's cars are always suspect for some reason or another. The speedometers are usually very low mileage and wrong like the early model MPH one installed in the late van above that should have a KPH speedo.
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

the joker wrote:

The brown/beige cabinets is definitely wrong for an 89 model westfalia.

Looking at the two holes in the floor plate, under the sink/fridge cabinet, it looks like the original fasteners for the single B2B seat originally found in most European Multivan models. So my guess is that this van originally was a Multivan.

There are no good pictures of the inside structure of the roof, but if it was original a Multivan, it could also be an original pop top model.
tam_shops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

Funny how things we love seem to come home from time to time...

Now that I've dealt with the canvas one too many years in a row, and cleaning the mold from the wet Vancouver weather, I really do wish I had gone with a hightop. I wanted the poptop so I could have easier access for parking, but thus far, there was only one parkade I fit in, and then I got bigger wheels, so wouldn't try it again anyway...

And, there is the joker seating, always loved that and would love one more seat, in addition to my jump seat.

But, I'd never sell my baby, looked far too long to find the perfect one. Now, adding a hightop, that is always an option, down the line, one day!

tam

Making it special:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545885
expo1122
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

I've got an 82 Club Joker in Langley.
1.6 NA diesel and has the typical North American layout but with all the joker goodies. I'm currently swapping in an AHU TDI.

My back plastic window is broken on the inside layer, but the side windows are still good. I'm tempted to swap them to glass and would possibly be willing to sell them if people are interested.

[/img]
John Runciman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

I also have a Club Joker, 1988. My family and I toured Europe in it for about 10 months and then imported it to Canada. It was totally stock when we purchased it with mostly original paint and a JX TD with a 5 speed, etc. It now has an AHU TDI motor. Great camper, and it was considered unusual even in Europe. We haven't seen another like it anywhere.

dipple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Joker van worth more? Reply with quote

expo1122 I sent you a pm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: