Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tire size? 68 Beetle
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jphoenix88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Tire size? 68 Beetle Reply with quote

I am trying to figure out the possible front tire sizes for a 68 Beetle. It's currently got the 165 R 15. I was thinking of putting something a little wider but it looks like it might rub the beam if I do. Has any one had any success with putting something wider than 165 on the front of a 68'?

Thanks
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it stock or lowered?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jphoenix88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is stock.
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tire size? 68 Beetle Reply with quote

jphoenix88 wrote:
I am trying to figure out the possible front tire sizes for a 68 Beetle. It's currently got the 165 R 15. I was thinking of putting something a little wider but it looks like it might rub the beam if I do. Has any one had any success with putting something wider than 165 on the front of a 68'?

Thanks

A guy in town put on a set of 215/75s on and he said his only rub during a hard turn going in reverse.

Offroad class 11 guys seem to like 205s, hear alot about them not rubbing.

FWIW

I realize these are taller tires than you want but they are alot wider than stock.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

165's are pretty much stock, 185's will add a little more tread and won't rub. Any larger and they could potentially rub. Also, one thing to remember, thinner tires handle better if you drive in the snow.

-jeffrey
jphoenix88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, sounds like I need to make sure it's stck because I have a hard time believe that 205's would fit on the front and not rub.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: