Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Alaric.H wrote:
dobryan wrote:
If I can make it I'll be there. 😀

Van or Porsche?

Bus. 😀

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
fraggle00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

I as planning on being there anyway, so looking forward to seeing a few vans again! I usually park in the trees along the dirt road for this event. They do plan on having some sort of spectator parking zone,too. Ether way, should be a good day.
SteelB12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

fraggle00 wrote:
I as planning on being there anyway, so looking forward to seeing a few vans again! I usually park in the trees along the dirt road for this event. They do plan on having some sort of spectator parking zone,too. Ether way, should be a good day.

Hey, were you in Manassas last week. Where the Five Guys is on Portner??
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering- rain delay?? Reply with quote

Guys: Rain is forecast. but hard to know timing and how bad. I just talked to one of the coordinators for the main car club (Porsche) organizing the D M show, and he said they don't actually have a mechanism to let people know about a rain re-scheduling (what?). I suggested he and his web guy get something up by Sat. pm that can be updated Sun. morning if needed. He thanked me for the good idea!!- wonder how they've gotten to their 33rd yearly event-- never rained?? Even if they don't post, I'll call him again Sat night or Sun am and post here. I'll post the info post them Sunday before 8. Stay tuned.
vwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Just saw that they posted this on their website:

**DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER THE DM CONCOURS WILL NOT OCCUR ON MAY 1, 2016
**Event Date is Now Scheduled on the Rain Date: Sunday May 15, 2016

I'm thinking of going to Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls on Sat AM if anyone is interested.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Not sure I can make it on the 15th.

The Western Syncro build
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

I got the same message a little while ago-- the 15th it will be. Sadly for me, that's the weekend of my daughter's graduation at William and Mary-- too far to go back and forth, and I can't miss the Sunday half of the events. Bummer- I really wanted to see what kind of crowd we could muster, and also see how many of the 'real' event folks will come down to our corner. Closest I can come is stealth camping in the van in Williamsburg. -Pinetreeporsche, aka Chris
fraggle00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

SteelB12 wrote:
fraggle00 wrote:

Hey, were you in Manassas last week. Where the Five Guys is on Portner??

That was me! My van is my daily. I'm at that five guys probably once a week.

I will have to see if I can make the new date for the show.
Schultzie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Howdy folks,
This our first post other than the part it forward / karma posts. We have been lurking for a few years gathering so much invaluable information. We would love to make the gathering in Northern Virginia. If I may ask a few questions.
Is the event dog friendly? He is used to car shows.
Is there camping near by at all? We are coming up from Norfolk and would like to make a weekend out of it.
Is it a "just show up sort of thing?
Hopefully we will see some of you there.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Popsvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Schultzie wrote:
Howdy folks,
This our first post other than the part it forward / karma posts. We have been lurking for a few years gathering so much invaluable information. We would love to make the gathering in Northern Virginia. If I may ask a few questions.
Is there camping near by at all? We are coming up from Norfolk and would like to make a weekend out of it.

Nice van! Looks like it has been rescheduled. Not sure if we can make it the 15th.
t3 kopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Since its been rescheduled to a better weekend, I may be able to head up and check it out. I always wanted to check out the Smithsonian.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

t3 kopf wrote:
Since its been rescheduled to a better weekend, I may be able to head up and check it out. I always wanted to check out the Smithsonian.

The giant 'annex' to the air and space museum is adjacent to Dulles airport--not far from the Nottoway park site of the car show- under 20 min. Museum's free but they get you good on the parking, and there's no alternative.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

As I mentioned several posts above, I had a graduation to go to, so wasn't at Nottaway park onSunday. If anyone and their van got over there, I hope the other, fancier German 'marques' provided good entertainment. We can try again next year (like the Chicago Cubs!). But meanwhile, there's another EVENT PLANNED in AUGUST, about an hour and a half south of DC:

DUBS ON THE RIVER 2016: a fun filled family oriented weekend. Once again we will be camping on the banks of the Rappahannock River. Event will start on Friday the 19TH of August and go through Sunday the 21st. Remember this is camping in the ROUGH. There will be a porta pot available but bring what you need the nearest store is over 15 miles away. There will of course be Karaoke, kayaking, fishing, swimming and lounging on the river. There will be a fire pit to gather around in the evenings. We know there are those of you who camp with your pets. We ask that if you bring pets you keep them on a leash at all times and clean up after them. The neighbors have dogs and we need to be respectful of those who live here. Please let us know if you plan on attending. The address is 1308 Mothershead Neck Rd. Farnham, Va. 22460, then follow the signs to the River for a great weekend.

If anyone has any other info on this one, or a rumor of some other event, do post it-- we haven't had any for a couple of years. -Chris
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

That sounds like fun but I'll be in the Ukraine then.

Maybe the next one. Very Happy

The Western Syncro build
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

[quote="pinetreeporsche"] -- NEED MORE INFO: I got this 3 mo ago:
DUBS ON THE RIVER 2016: a fun filled family oriented weekend. Once again we will be camping on the banks of the Rappahannock River. Event will start on Friday the 19TH of August and go through Sunday the 21st. Remember this is camping in the ROUGH. There will be a porta pot available but bring what you need the nearest store is over 15 miles away. There will of course be Karaoke, kayaking, fishing, swimming and lounging on the river. There will be a fire pit to gather around in the evenings. We know there are those of you who camp with your pets. We ask that if you bring pets you keep them on a leash at all times and clean up after them. The neighbors have dogs and we need to be respectful of those who live here. Please let us know if you plan on attending. The address is 1308 Mothershead Neck Rd. Farnham, Va. 22460, then follow the signs to the River for a great weekend.

As above, if anyone has any other info on this event, PLEASE confirm, AND who's the organizer. Don't want to get there and find it's changed/ cancelled.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Schultzie wrote:
Howdy folks,

I don't ask. If an event isnt dog friendly, its not me-friendly.

Nice pup....and Bus.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

pinetreeporsche wrote:
t3 kopf wrote:

The giant 'annex' to the air and space museum is adjacent to Dulles airport--not far from the Nottoway park site of the car show- under 20 min. Museum's free but they get you good on the parking, and there's no alternative.

In fairness, they do say that they're only charging for parking until the lot is paid off and then parking will be free. Place your bets now.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

Hey, Abscate: the August one by the Rappahannock does welcome dogs. But I'd still like someone sort of local to give more info. Campism: do you know any of the VA owners down that way to try to get a lead on the announcement?
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering Reply with quote

I appreciate your planning, I'm just a sucker for pooches, and especially German Shepards....gorgeous!
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VA/MD/DC (& surrounding areas) Gathering confirmed! Reply with quote

YES! Got the details- on the Volkswagen Club of Tidewater's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/166736317074968/?active_tab=posts

Details incl adddress, as in my posting yesterday: it's Aug 19-21. Fb page has a great photo from last year's campout. (Hint, bring a kayak or similar floater.) And sure, bring the dog, so long as you've got a leash for her/him. -Chris
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 24

Jump to: