Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mewby w/Type IV in a Buggy
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ngw80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Mewby w/Type IV in a Buggy Reply with quote

hello all , i purchased a buggy with 1700 cc type iv motor, i am looking for some chrome clip on valve covers. so far have only found them for type 1. does anybody know where i can find a pair?
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most car owners like to avoid unnecessary oil leaks so shy away from these types of parts. You might try CIP's and see what they have.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to get the stock ones chrome plated. There are finned aluminum bolt-on covers available for the Type IV but I'm not sure of fit/finish/quality.

There's a really good dune buggy & kit car (but mostly dune buggy) forum here at TheSamba plus www.DuneBuggyArchives.com is a GREAT resource for buggy owners and builders.

I have a buddy with a buggy project and it's getting a big Type IV motor for power.

Welcome!!

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: