Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage Auto in Scottsville NY
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hippievan420
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Vintage Auto in Scottsville NY Reply with quote

Has anyone used the vintage auto in scottsville recently? The only feedback I can find is from 3 years ago. Wondering if they are still in business.

1974 deluxe campmobile w/ pop top [sold]
http://sagegreenrebels.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andy70Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Not sure Reply with quote

I live just a few miles from them, and I've driven by the shop many times this spring trying to catch someone there. The big sign is down on the front of the store, and their phone number no longer works. However, the lights are on inside and the stuff in the parking lot moves around ...

I'm thinking the business is no longer there but someone is still using the shop for personal car work or something.

- Andy
hippievan420
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Ik their main guy died a few years back so I figured that may have slowed them down or stopped business. I was going to use them for my camper but I found some local guys at a shop in town to do the work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage Auto has Re-opened. The previous owner passed away and the current owner was having a hard time finding help to keep things running and operational. He now has new help and shall be fully functional within the next week or so(in case you guys were still looking or just want to help spread the word).
Ed_Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In May 2012 I paid the owner of Vintage Auto named Dave Gregor $318 to pick up my van and transport it from the Binghamton area up to Vintage Auto. He was to do some engine work, possibly tranny work, and finish redoing brakes. I had put in all new brake lines, servo, master cylinder, etc.

Make a long story short, I've sent 5 emails during the spring/summer of 2012 and made over a dozen phone calls to Dave Gregor and he NEVER got back to me. He had an answering machine message saying "his shop was at full capacity and he'd get back to all of the people who's vehicles he was working on...." That was the message on his answering machine in July 2012.

I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but still tried calling/emailing numerous times in fall of 2012 and through summer 2013. No answer, then his phone was disconnected and his website was down.

Fast forward to Sept. 2013: At my request, a friend drove by Dave Gregor's shop at 376 Scottsville Mumford Rd, Scottsville, NY. And my van is still there! He's has it covered with a tarp, but seeing the tan/brown color combination in a hole through the tarp my friend verified matching a matching vin number to my title for the van.

At this point, I'm selling the bus. Anyone who's interested can certainly go look at the van -- I'm asking $2800 for it. You'll see it's immaculate for a 1979! No rust whatsoever, original paint. Hard to find one nicer! Call me: Ed 516-270-6549

Dave Gregor: If you see the message, I suggest you leave the van where you have it at 376 Scottsville Mumford Rd. At this point, if I find it's moved, I am calling the state police and reporting it stolen. I have the title. Make it easy on yourself. You've had the van over a year a half and have not returned my calls.

http://postimg.org/gallery/2o7p8erw8/db1724b4/

First link shows original pics:
http://img254.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=vw1.jpg[/url]

Here's the pic from a couple months of my van where Dave Gregor apparently has left it under a tarp and a few other pics my friend took around the "grounds" of "Vintage Auto".

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

windows screenshot

theramny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the buffalo area and was trying to contact this place to trying to find a engine build any leads to a engine builder would help thanks
hippievan420
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a New person in the Old shop. It is now call The Whip Doctor. They have a Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/vintage1auto?fref=ts
new number (585) 991-2582

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: