Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Announced Today: Circle the Wagen at Capo VW!
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CapoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Announced Today: Circle the Wagen at Capo VW! Reply with quote

“Circle the Wagen” will be showing on the following dates and times on the ginormous 220” TV at Capistrano VW in San Juan Capistrano:
• Saturday, July 13th at 7:45pm* and 10:15pm
• Sunday, July 14th at 7:45pm and 10:15pm

Director Ryan Steven Green and the film’s two clueless dudes (Dave Torstenson and Charlie Pecoraro) will introduce each film and will be available for a Q&A session immediately thereafter.

*The Saturday 7/13 7:45pm show is the one you'll want to attend! From now until July 8th (or until sold out, whichever comes first), we will reserve tickets for this show only for members of the vintage VW air-cooled community. Special VIP parking in front of the store for air-cooled VW's will be available starting at 5:30pm that night along with a complimentary BBQ dinner.

A special drawing from those who reserve early will be held for each of the 4 shows. The winner will get 2 VIP tickets to watch the movie from front and center, seated in the comfort of The Croc, complete with car hop food/beverage service and some extra perks as well!

Tickets are free, but must be reserved in advance. Seating capacity per show is right at 100 people.

Please visit www.capovw.com/circlethewagen to watch the trailer and reserve your spot at any one of the 4 screenings of Circle the Wagen!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ryan Steven Green (Director), Dave Torstenson (Clueless dude), and Charlie Pecoraro (Co-Pilot) standing with the '72 bus known as "The Croc".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just RSVPd for the premiere! Should be fun! Especially since it's only a few miles down the road!
'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the Volker Rader Klub from North San Diego County, I would like to thank Miles and his team at Capo VW for an awesome event!
You guys really went above and beyond all expectations.

The movie was GREAT. It was cool to see the stars of the movie laughing right along with the rest of the audience. Even after countless hours filming and editing, the director was still laughing as if it was his first time seeing it!
The film really showed how great the VW community is. We should all be proud to be part of it.

-Robb
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo courtesy of Joe Moyneur
'60 Single cab
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wagen girls

The Croc, star of the show

Bus row night shot

The Circle the Wagen California premiere night, hosted by Capistrano VW, welcomed all 100 RSVPed air-cooleds for the first showing. Brats, hot dogs, and tofu dogs were all cooked to perfection by our own Hot Dog Fred. The long-awaited VW Classic 2013 Brekina of HDF's SC was also there! After mingling with all the fans of our vintage Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, and Type 4 vehicles, we were coaxed into the dealership doors for the show. We even had movie popcorn, candy and drinks! The filmmaker and his two VW-clueless subjects introduced the star of the show, The Croc, which was trailered from Albuquerque by Capo VW for the event. 88 minutes of hilarity, knowing nods, clever film-making, and a good story kept us all laughing. Super cool to see our VW royalty in the film, Everett Barnes, Rich Kimball, Charlie Hamil, and all the AIRS fellows. After a short question-and-answer period, we left en masse. I wonder if anyone on the freeway noticed the new cars had disappeared and been replaced by vintage ones?
'60 Single cab

Last edited by suebug on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a really fun event. Capo VW did an outstanding job putting on the show and they could not have been more accommodating to all the VWs there.

If you have a chance to see the movie it is well worth the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kinda Square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Didn't start out as expected..... Reply with quote

Had the pleasure of seeing the film and taking in the evenings events. Started out driving with four friends from the San Dimas area, 3 Type III squarebacks and approximately 48 miles later (or about 2 miles from our destination) we experienced our own Circle the Wagons, I blew a piston! After pushing it off the side of the freeway into a nearby gas station i jumped into by buddies SQ and headed off to the event. Watching the movie reminded my firends and I of our own misadventure and others I'm sure alot of you out there can relate to, but something about these cars just keeps bringing us back. My thanks to Capo VW for hosting a fun event and to the stars and producers for making a entertaining film...can't wait to get it on DVD. See all you Vw drivers on the road again in about 3 weeks hopefully a little bigger and faster!
Teriyaki Donut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I stopped by while driving our '69 bay thru San Juan Capristrano enroute to camp in Carlsbad. We were both surprised and excited to see "The Croc" there. Gary and the people at CapoVW were way cool and invited us to stop by later that evening for food. We didn't reserve a seat so we wouldn't have been able to watch the movie (that was a serious screen they had in the lobby) We didn't catch the movie nor return for the event but plan to watch it in Downtown L.A. July 18.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool and unique event. Preferred parking, free hot dogs, live entertainment, car show, VW movie...what could be better?
@KindaSquare, you forgot to mention your motor was out and and disassembled before noon on Sunday. Diagnosis, it'll buff out.

Kinda Square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx again for the help c21darrel and to my german friend and main mechanic Albert Funfstuck who drove the custom yellow and purple SQbk to the premier...with a little elbow grease I'm hoping I can buff it out to a 1776.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: